Church Bans Kids To Hire Pedophile Pastor

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Crossfire

Stop passing condemnation.
Condemnation means holding him guilty to his sins. If He has repented (and you don't know if he truly has or not) then He is no longer guilty.
It's not that easy. According OnceFallen's post, the man has been found guilty of multiple offenses. It's obvious that the man has not truly repented nor does he want to. True repentance is total abandonment of previous sin, regardless of whatever sacrifices that have to made to insure it doesn't happen again. If allowed around children, most likely he will do it again. The man belongs behind bars, not a pulpit.

Last edited:
C

Crossfire

To tell you the truth, many churches don't really follow the Biblical model for church leadership (the structure, the qualifications, etc.). And one of the biggest things that gets compromised is the character qualifications, or at least it gets overshadowed by non-Biblical added requirements like a seminary degree.

But the qualifications are clear in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1 (and there are other passages to study as well to get the full picture on New Testament church leadership).

The overriding qualification isn't actually teaching ability (though that is important), and certainly not a seminary degree, but rather:

proven character

They are to be proven and tested over time. And there's even more, which makes this even more crystal clear. 1 Tim 3:7 says:

He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

If you're a registered sex offender, and you've pleaded guilty to doing all that with teenage girls while you were a pastor, well then you should humbly accept God's forgiveness and be thankful for that and not complain about the practical consequences of your sin which disqualify you from representing the local body of Christ as an official leader/pastor.

I say just stick to the Bible, with regard to church leadership, and all church matters.

And it really does all make sense.
Amen. Both biblically sound and practical advice. :)

J

jimsun

Surely this fellah is pastor his sell-by date?!!

(Apologies for my flippancy but it's the only means of showing my opinion of this).

J+

K

kayem77

To tell you the truth, many churches don't really follow the Biblical model for church leadership (the structure, the qualifications, etc.). And one of the biggest things that gets compromised is the character qualifications, or at least it gets overshadowed by non-Biblical added requirements like a seminary degree.

But the qualifications are clear in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1 (and there are other passages to study as well to get the full picture on New Testament church leadership).

The overriding qualification isn't actually teaching ability (though that is important), and certainly not a seminary degree, but rather:

proven character

They are to be proven and tested over time. And there's even more, which makes this even more crystal clear. 1 Tim 3:7 says:

He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

If you're a registered sex offender, and you've pleaded guilty to doing all that with teenage girls while you were a pastor, well then you should humbly accept God's forgiveness and be thankful for that and not complain about the practical consequences of your sin which disqualify you from representing the local body of Christ as an official leader/pastor.

I say just stick to the Bible, with regard to church leadership, and all church matters.

And it really does all make sense.
You really have a point there! It's so simple and easy to understand what the Bible says...

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
I just wanted to clarify that this pastor can certainly be forgiven for what he did, and perhaps he already has been (only God knows for sure). :)

However, just because we're forgiven for a sin, doesn't mean that we won't have to pay an earthly price for it. God forgave King David for committing adultery and having Uriah the Hittite killed, but He still took the resulting child's life as punishment. Perhaps this pastor has been forgiven as well, but that doesn't mean that he should be shepherding a flock again so soon.

Actually, it's the fact that he even WANTS to be a pastor again so soon that has me thinking that he hasn't fully repented. Let's say that I'm in charge of making the Brunswick stew for my church's annual stew-a-thon. And, let's say that I don't follow safe food-handling practices, and some people get sick from eating it. Really sick. I'm not talking about the "I-don't-feel-so-good" kind of sick, I'm talking about the "vomit-until-there's-no-sense-in-it" kind of sick. In fact, let's say that it's such a gastronomic event, it even makes the evening news. Glerf.

Now, if I TRULY feel bad about what I was responsible for, then the next time they're taking volunteers for the Stew Crew, I'm not going to be all "Hey, how about if I'm in charge of making the stew again, and we just won't let people with compromised immune systems eat any?"

NO.

If I REALLY felt bad about what I did, then it would probably be YEARS before I could hear the word "Brunswick" without flinching.

However, this guy doesn't seem to have any problem with the word "Brunswick", if you know what I mean. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
K

kayem77

I just wanted to clarify that this pastor can certainly be forgiven for what he did, and perhaps he already has been (only God knows for sure). :)

However, just because we're forgiven for a sin, doesn't mean that we won't have to pay an earthly price for it. God forgave King David for committing adultery and having Uriah the Hittite killed, but He still took the resulting child's life as punishment. Perhaps this pastor has been forgiven as well, but that doesn't mean that he should be shepherding a flock again so soon.

Actually, it's the fact that he even WANTS to be a pastor again so soon that has me thinking that he hasn't fully repented. Let's say that I'm in charge of making the Brunswick stew for my church's annual stew-a-thon. And, let's say that I don't follow safe food-handling practices, and some people get sick from eating it. Really sick. I'm not talking about the "I-don't-feel-so-good" kind of sick, I'm talking about the "vomit-until-there's-no-sense-in-it" kind of sick. In fact, let's say that it's such a gastronomic event, it even makes the evening news. Glerf.

Now, if I TRULY feel bad about what I was responsible for, then the next time they're taking volunteers for the Stew Crew, I'm not going to be all "Hey, how about if I'm in charge of making the stew again, and we just won't let people with compromised immune systems eat any?"

NO.

If I REALLY felt bad about what I did, then it would probably be YEARS before I could hear the word "Brunswick" without flinching.

However, this guy doesn't seem to have any problem with the word "Brunswick", if you know what I mean. Just sayin'.
I totally get what you're saying, Brunswick stew is evil.:D Whatever that is....

But yeah I do get what you're saying , and I feel the same way. When you repent of something, it is evident you want to do what is right to do.

Aug 20, 2011
Iwill not jugde cause it belongs to GOD.He might have repent why banning future pastors and prophets from the house of God, i think that idea is wrong if they don't believe in his genieuness why allow him to resume office? The children should be allowed back to church or how do they expect them to hear the word of God or is the word made for adult alone?
SHALLOM

V

violakat

Iwill not jugde cause it belongs to GOD.He might have repent why banning future pastors and prophets from the house of God, i think that idea is wrong if they don't believe in his genieuness why allow him to resume office? The children should be allowed back to church or how do they expect them to hear the word of God or is the word made for adult alone?
SHALLOM
In this case, Owyka, the children are not allowed near this pastor, because of the law. Not because of the church.

W

WorshippingGod

I read over most of the posts, and scanned over others, and I must say everyone has a strong view and good points. In the end it is each individuals opinions that are being shared and each has a right to his or her thoughts on the subject.

As for me I agree with most, that this man should never have been hired in the first place and to ban children from hearing and learning about God and His principles is all wrong. We are all here to share the gospel and help save as many souls as we can, how can that be done with the youngest and most in need are being banned from hearing the gospel?

When it comes right down to it, it makes no difference what any of us think...it is the word of God that counts and what He says goes! Yes God used many sinners as one person here brought up, He uses us all to get the gospel out and to share what God did for each of us. We are all sinners, but we had to get right with God first before He could use us, until we do that, we are separated from God due to our living in sin.

There is a big difference between the rules and laws for the every day person than there is for someone chosen by God and standing behind a pulpit preaching. The laws for the pastors are much more strict. As one said here most churches now days do not take these rules very seriously and it is true. Today it is all about catering to the sinner and trying to please and make everyone happy, lets not make waves, we don't want to hurt any ones feelings. When it should be all about God and preaching the truth from the Bible. He made it clear that if you are in sin you are separated from God, so how can a lost person lead a flock of sheep? It is like the blind leading the blind. If you have a pastor behind the pulpit that preaches against Gods word, then you will be left with a corrupt and lost bunch of sheep. God clearly states in the Bible about homosexuality, yet churches today accept those that are as pastors, same with women, Gods word clearly states that women are not to be pastors, but look at most of the churches today?

It is when we get away from Gods word, laws and rules that we end up with so many problems in society. Too many don't want to feel Gods hand of justice and judgment, they want to have a "feel good" way of life. Whatever feels good, do it and if it makes them feel bad, then change it, change the rules and laws to "feel good" again. That is how this world is now days, and what a good number of churches doing. I can only imagine the tears that are shed every time God sees these churches changing to suit themselves and their own agendas rather than following His commands. If Jesus walked the earth today and went into a good number of churches today, He would no doubt be so angry He would not stop at just flipping over tables.

I apologize for kind of going off subject just a bit, but it all comes back to the same point in general.

God is a God of forgiveness and He will and can use anyone in the ministry, but one cannot be a sinner while holding such a position and continue to do so. The person needs to be removed. Not the children. God would be considered a liar if He broke His own laws and would allow someone who is still deep into sin to minister. While that person is still in sin, He might call to them to convict them of their sin and to turn to Him, so that He can carry out His great plan that He has for that persons life and use them for His purpose, but He would and could never call someone dark in sin to be placed into ministry while still in that sin. And no way would God ever under any circumstance, ever tell a church to ban children from the house of God over one mans sin. Never!

As one person mentioned, they felt this guy was just "playing" pastor and sadly there are many out there that do that very thing. As well as many that sit in the pews "playing" Christian. It is very hard to find people now days that claim to be a Christian, who really are one. Some I believe seriously think they are, but it is due to false teachings and false doctrine that mislead this poor people, and they have no idea of the responsibility that they have when they become a Christian and the complete change and turn around that is required of them. What is really sad is how many of these people will be left sitting in the pews, after Christ has taken His children home? This is why it is so important to get in Gods word and know what it says about all these things. And visit churches and if one small thing does not add up or match Gods word, don't go back to it...keep looking and praying for God to guide you to a church that preaches Gods biblical truth! It is so very very important, and most people do not realize, but their life truly depends on it.

God bless you all.

U

Ugly

Some of the posting here reminds me of the woman who was on death row a few years ago. She had been saved in prison and had apparently become a changed woman as a result. Soon Christians took up the cause that not only should she not be put to death, but some felt she should be released. All because she got saved. They felt since God forgave her, she should have no consequence on earth. This woman went against the protests trying to save her life by admitting she deserved what she was getting.
That to me shows a truly repentant attitude and understanding the difference between Gods forgiveness and living out the consequences of your choices. Way different than this man who seems to feel that things should change for him, and to suit him and not provide consequences, regardless of what he's done.
If a person drinks and drives and ends up paralyzed from the waist down, but later repents of his drinking,receives forgiveness, he doesn't get to escape the consequences of his drinking. So why should this 'pastor' be any different?