Church in USA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tzadik1980

I'd like to ask a question to people from USA about the current situation of the evangelical churches there. I'm from Brazil and here there's a large use of superstitious practices inside many communities, as bargain with God, rituals to get His blessings an things with that effect. Churches that try a different approach and condemn those things tend to be persecuted or be considered as "anti-Bible", because those churches that have a very important space on media, selling Jesus as a product, as a kind of laundry detergent that resolves all the peoples' problems. How do you see the scenery in the Uncle Sam's land? I'd like to promote a very simple and healthy discussion, nothing else. Your answer will be very useful to me, because I's like to practice my English. Thanks for your attention. That is certainly a great help. God bless you all.

Best wishes,

Ubiratan

O

overcomer2

I know Catholics have indulgences things they do to lessen the time in purgatory. Also you can pay money to the church and have your loved one paid out. Okay, this sounds cooky and it is but if you look into it you see that it happens. Many Catholics do not know about this activity.

I would not attend a church that has a very important place on media.

U

Ugly

American churches seem to be infested with a lot of Word of Faith and emergent church teachings. Focusing on yourself and making you happy. Forsaking 'outdated' Christian teaching (that comes from the bible) in favor of 'new acts of God'. Being a witness, a servant, spiritual warfare... these things are rarely taught anymore. Churches focus on filling seats and bringing in non-Christians rather than training Christians to live rightly.

J

jimmydiggs

I'd like to ask a question to people from USA about the current situation of the evangelical churches there. I'm from Brazil and here there's a large use of superstitious practices inside many communities, as bargain with God, rituals to get His blessings an things with that effect. Churches that try a different approach and condemn those things tend to be persecuted or be considered as "anti-Bible", because those churches that have a very important space on media, selling Jesus as a product, as a kind of laundry detergent that resolves all the peoples' problems. How do you see the scenery in the Uncle Sam's land? I'd like to promote a very simple and healthy discussion, nothing else. Your answer will be very useful to me, because I's like to practice my English. Thanks for your attention. That is certainly a great help. God bless you all.

Best wishes,

Ubiratan
We have the same problems. It is very sad.