Church Marketing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
I attend and am active in a very small church (30-35), and we are looking for inexpensive ways to market ourselves. Got any ideas?

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I attend and am active in a very small church (30-35), and we are looking for inexpensive ways to market ourselves. Got any ideas?
Yes, forget about the "marketing" route and do it the Scriptural way by seeking God for revival! Psalm 24v3-6, Isaiah 35v5-8, 40v23, John 7v37,38, Acts 2v16-21... :p

R

rauleetoe

Do good in the community, serve, serve, serve...love the community..be a beacon of light, get involved in local events,etc. I am helping in a new future church plant..we plan on doing acts of hospitality,and kindness for the community.Relstional evangelism it's called. People don't care about how much you know until they see how much you care. My two cents on the matter.

T

twill

Just do everyone (yourselves, the sinners you're supposed to be trying to reach, and God) a favor; DON'T TRY TO "MARKET" YOURSELVES! Forget marketing! Focus ON GOD! The world has enough marketing. Marketing in a church gets you into trouble and makes you a laughing stock in the eyes of the world and an eyesore in the eyes of God. Pray that GOD HIMSELF will grow you, not by your own efforts! Remember the last time in Scripture someone brought marketing into God's house? That's not a mistake I'd like to make, personally… I'm betting Jesus knew how to use that whip! I wouldn't want to try the one thing that made Jesus physically violent...

Pray. Pray, and reach out to the poor and needy in your community, help those in trouble, donate your time, money, and efforts, and FORGET MARKETING! Focus on God, not on the world's ways of making things grow. Many a good church has been killed or forsaken by the Holy Spirit because of marketing instead of focusing on Jesus...

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
Some people don't like to acknowledge it but even a basic "invite your neighbor or friend to a Sunday church service" concept is marketing. I think churches can market and promote themselves tastefully. Have an open house or a family day (food, games, bouncy house) and invite the community via word of mouth or an ad in the local paper. Or simply take an ad inviting people to Sunday service.

Approach a church that is in your general geographic area and is similar in theology but larger and ask them how they grew. Their leadership should be open to helping a fellow church reach others bringing them into the fold. :cool: