Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SolR90

I don't like going to church. Not because it is boring or because i don't like hearing about God, but because, i don't like being around a lot of people. I never go to the mall or parties or anything like that. I like staying home, sometimes family gatherings. Is God mad at me? I know my dad is. I can just NEVER find my way. I ask a million questions, get a million answers, but i am back here asking for questions again. I read Christian books, and i talk to God, and i care what God thinks of me. I recently learned that i don't have to TRY to be saved, because i am already saved... But does that mean, its ok that I don't want to go to church? Pray for me, for God to talk to me, for him to change me if thats whats needed. I want to be everything he wants me to be...but it seems like i just never change.

S

shekaniah

God does want us to fellowship with other people. I myself don't like big parties or large crowds. Have you thought about finding a bible study group,
or smaller church. Iron sharpens Iron! I will pray for you to gain understanding...

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

1 Thes 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

W

woodl

I don't like going to church. Not because it is boring or because i don't like hearing about God, but because, i don't like being around a lot of people. I never go to the mall or parties or anything like that. I like staying home, sometimes family gatherings. Is God mad at me? I know my dad is. I can just NEVER find my way. I ask a million questions, get a million answers, but i am back here asking for questions again. I read Christian books, and i talk to God, and i care what God thinks of me. I recently learned that i don't have to TRY to be saved, because i am already saved... But does that mean, its ok that I don't want to go to church? Pray for me, for God to talk to me, for him to change me if thats whats needed. I want to be everything he wants me to be...but it seems like i just never change.
SolR, you don't have to belong to a church to be save but not having fellowship with other christians is like takeing the soil away from a plant. The plant will stop growing and start dying. You need to have fellowship to grow in spirit, but you can have fellowship right here on line. You just need to study God word so you'll know the tare from the wheat. You need to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be born again. Anything short of that won't work.If you'll seek the Lord though you'll find him. I promise you. God Bless you in your walk with him.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying that Jesus will gently remove the fearful hands from your eyes, openng the joy of His fellowship in your life, and that Jesus will delight you with His love in others, filling your heart with the courage that is the fruit of His perfect love.

Hugs and God bless
Pickles

Dec 19, 2009
You would be better off going to church.

A

Avidan

I don't know how many will be able to accept this, but, I have found that church, the mall, almost anywhere I go, is a battlefield. Especially church. Maybe try looking at it that way. Go there on a mission to intercede for the people. You can do the same in the mall or any other place. Pray for them, don't agree with evil about them (in thought or word), and declare God's Word over them in your heart.

Pay attention to the storms that arise to keep you from doing this and the retaliation after doing this.

Submerge yourself in the Bible and don't let anything condemn you.

Raise your shield against every attack and/or condemning word, anything that tries to push you down on the inside, from the Bible or otherwise.

Shield: You are the righteousness of the LORD, in Christ.
The LORD will perfect everything that concerns you.
The LORD will complete the good work He has started in you.
He will preserve your going out and coming in from this time forth and forever more.
He will uphold you with the right hand of His righteousness.
Your righteousness is of the LORD and it is GOD Himself that justifies you.
God is for you and not against you.

I pray for a mantle of intercession and worship to fall upon you in Jesus Name.

Here is a free audio Bible and a free e-Bible (with a Hebrew and Greek concordance) :

BibleGateway.com - Audio Bible

e-Sword - the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge

Fellowship is very important and very powerful. See if praying for those who you are around and not agreeing with anything evil about them helps when you are out and about.

Bless your soul with much peace and grace. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Dec 9, 2011
Father i pray that SolR90 realizes,GOD wants the very best for her and i pray that she knows that perfect love cast out fear.father,give her an strong,and increasing desire to be around other believers that can encourage her,so she can be aware of the different kinds of strugles other believers may be having,so that she will be equiped if the same situation befalls her.IN JESUS NAME............amen

H

HhhLGA89

SolR90 you remind me alot of myself, so it's easier for me to understand without doubting your desire to follow Christ. I hate going out places, I'm very introveted, and being at church makes me feel uncomfortable; however, never missed a sunday's church since I've been saved. I feel uncomfortable because I'm not good at small talk (which is a large part of what goes on on Sundays) and I lack the courage to even try. Is that the problem you have. I don't think God is mad at you, he understands why your not going, it's not because you want to be defiant or cus you hate God, but because of your more reserved personality and He knows you do want to like church and want to change. I do think he is upset that your not going though, and I do think it can be considered sin...

Hebrews 10:25 - And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

Reading books and praying are both VERY good and important things, but doing 2 important things don't make up for the one thing your not doing. Each is important for it's own purposes. For example, your not edifying anyone directly by just doing those two things. Yeah you are saved apart from works, but don't fall into that pit of thinking because your saved you have the option of doing something the bible tells you to do, "And let us not neglect our meeting together" is a command...Pray that God will give you the courage to talk and fellowship with other people. I hope we all can pray for you for that.