circumcision of the heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Zipporah the prophetess was used to represent one that was moved to save the incorruptible seed, Christ, from mingling with the seeds of mankind corrupted flesh and blood.
Was Zipporah a prophetess? In another thread, someone claimed women were prohibited from circumcision in the Old Testament, and Zipporah's example can be used to justify women taking roles in the church that scripture indicates are exclusively for men. However, there is nowhere in the Old Testament that prohibits women from this, so I disagree her example can be used for justifying women taking leadership roles (over men) in the Church.

7seasrekeyed

I agree. FGM is an evil practice which is up there with castration.

On a similar note, however, circumcision of the heart is a positive thing, so I certainly disagree with Christians who equate FGM with male circumcision (i.e. if the physical metaphor is bad, how can the spiritual be good?) For the same reasons, I'm not sure that I even agree with those who say physical circumcision is bad, in and of itself. I agree it's not necessary for salvation, but it's still the symbol for what occurs in our hearts.
it is the heart and has always been the heart that God desires to be circumcised

it was and is ridiculous to bring the other subject; for one thing circumcision was a covenant with God and the other thing is a demonic ritual that should not have been introduced and it should be let go of

what is necessary for salvation is the blood of Christ

people do seem to love a good performance though :(:cautious:

7seasrekeyed

Was Zipporah a prophetess? In another thread, someone claimed women were prohibited from circumcision in the Old Testament, and Zipporah's example can be used to justify women taking roles in the church that scripture indicates are exclusively for men. However, there is nowhere in the Old Testament that prohibits women from this, so I disagree her example can be used for justifying women taking leadership roles (over men) in the Church.
from post 20

Circumcision, a first born ceremonial law
post 20 is erroneous and here is proof from the Bible

circumcision was NOT a ceremonial law and was NOT reserved for first born males only

circumcision was actually a symbol of a covenant made between God and Moses

Genesis 17
The Covenant of Circumcision
17 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty[a]; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. 2 Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”

3 Abram fell facedown, and God said to him, 4 “As for me, this is my covenant with you: You will be the father of many nations. 5 No longer will you be called Abram[b]; your name will be Abraham,[c] for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.”

9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”