Closing the Distance

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

21megan

Junior Member
Apr 1, 2018
1
0
1
As a young teenager I often blamed God for the things that were happening in my life. My mom was on the verge of dying and my dad had kicked me out of the house. It got to the point where I didn’t only blame God but I assumed there was no God and church was a waste of time. As I hated my family and slowly lost friends I would purposely try and distance myself from anyone and anything willing to give me any type of love or attention. I got into bad crowds and did many things I regret deeply and forever will. Years have passed since then and I’ve now gone began going to church and committed to giving a place to God in my life. The pastor recently talked about how we distance ourselves from God and this hit very hard for me. I realized that I wasn’t trying to distance myself from my family or friends or anybody else except for God who showed me the most love out of everybody. I openly love God and I’m closing this Distance slowly and making amends with the years that I showed him no love.