CNN Says Blacks Think Different By Highlighting Black Views On Gay 'Rights'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

suriturbo

It's a choice maybe self-conscious choice but still a choice. I did not say black people are more deserving of equal rights nor did I say we were more in need I just said I hate comparing civil rights to gay right..... they are not the same thing. When I was born, I was born black; believe it or not when your friend was born he was not born gay.[/[email protected] agree with you.Although I know you might not agree with the rest of my comment,I will say it anyway because someone might agree.Anytime I herar a homosexual or a person who supports homosexuals,try to compare being black to being a homosexual.I take that as an insult,like you said being black isn't a choice.We are born this way,there's no debating about it.And as a BornAgain Christian,It offends me to hear the two compared to one another.No were in the word of God(Bible)does it say being black or any other race is an Abomination to God.It isn't a sin to be black or any other race.People aren't told by God to repent ot being black or any other race.But guess what,God does call homosexuality an Abomination.And even though homosexuality isn't the only thing that God calls an Abomination,homosexuality is what people here are talking about,therefore that is why I have only mention that Abomination to God,which is homosexuality.And like I already mentioned,it isn't right for people to compare being black to being a homosexual.I view it as people basically saying being black or any other race is an Abomination to God.But Bible believeing Christians know that's not sure.There's no comparison between the two,in the eyes of God.And the only thing that matters is what God thinks and saids.We know what God thinks by his word,which is the Bible.God say what he means and mean what he says.His word will never change.But the homosexual can change.They can do what every other Bible beliveing,Bornagain Christian did.Which was to repent(turn away from your sins),accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior and from that moment until you get to heaven,follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

S

suriturbo

Yeah...I agree...it is easy to just say that. =\ though from experience, giving something to God isn't just asking Him once and boom it's done. I've had to seriously daily give my issues over to God. And for a lot of sins that's what it takes. So for me, when I say something like that, I know for sure that for me, it wouldn't be just a simple answer. Though not everyone knows that do they? =\

I probably should have put in a disclaimer saying that no, stuff like that, you don't overcome overnight, or that in one simple prayer it's done. Though when I tried to word it the other way, I made it sound next to impossible to overcome. And I've heard stories on how people overcome it so it's obviously not impossible to overcome.

Once again, I agree. From what I've seen it's definitely not something that just happens overnight. And the fact that it does go to the very core of who someone is is what makes it so hard to overcome it.

Definitely...unfortunately I'm very bold and like to just straight up tell someone how it is, or just ask very blunt questions. And that's why if I had the opportunity to talk to someone struggling with being gay, I would have to definitely ask for wisdom and guidance. It's not that I'm unkind or impatient or callous towards people that are gay.

I mostly just do not understand. And that's why I asked what I asked...it just seriously got me thinking on the things I mentioned earlier in my previous post. Am I making sense? I hope I am... I definitely did not put up what I put up, to put up as advice or as an argument or as something to offend everyone with. =\ And I definitely apologize if I came off like that. >.<
@lilChristian&@needsomeJesus.I know it was mentioned on here that when it comes to homosexuality we shoud speak to them in love.But as a BornAgain Christian,isn't us telling them what the word of God(Bible)saids about it being a sin that they must repent speaking in love?I say that because the word of God(Bible)is the truth and telling people about what God saids about any sin is in fact speaking to them in love.If we as Christians don't tell them the whole truth about what the word of God(Bible)saids about were people go who choose to reject the fact that the only way to heaven is through Jesus.And that would mean that as followers of Jesus Christ,we should be spreading the Gospel to as many people as we can.That would include letting people who are with out Jesus Christ,know what God considers sin.And homosexuals should hear the same truth about there need to repent from their sins just like everyone else.I believe what the word of God(Bible)saids,which is all things are possible with Christ.We were all born sinners,that's why we must be BornAgain in order to spend eternity in heaven.And like you said lilChristian,we become a new creation in Jesus Christ.By the blood of Jesus Christ we can overcome any sin and that includes the sin/abomination,that is homosexuality.Jesus blood isn't limited,were homosexuality is the only sin that you can't overcome.But first they need to do what other BornAgain Christians did including myself,before we became BornAgain in Christ.They need to acknowledge that they are a sinner and repent(turn away from your sins),accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior and follow the word of God.But it seems like some homosexuals don't get pass the first thing I mentioned.I guess it doesn't help when they have movie,tv shows,media and now president obama telling them that they should be proud of being a homosexual.Thus making them believe that they don't have to repent for being a homosexual because it isn't a sin.But that's a lie straight from the devil.If they would read the word of God(Bible)they would see what God saids about homosexuals.For every BornAgain Christian including myself,we will struggle with our flesh and spirit.But God wants progress,we might slip up but we need to get back on the saddle.The thing that I don't get is when Christians tell them about it being a sin/Abomination to God.They get defensive.Now I could understand if all we said to them is homosexuality is an Abomination to God and there is nothing you can do to avoid spending eternity in hell.If some one said that to me about being a sinner,I would be defensive too.But that's not what God said about it.Yes,homosexuality is a sin along with other things.But homosexuals are NOT doomed.They have free will like everyone else.They can choose to accept what the word of God(Bible)saids and start living their live for Jesus,and making that decesion the right decesion will result in them being in heaven for eternity.Or they can choose the other choice and we know were people who choose the other choice will end up.So,I don't see a reason for them to be defensive towards hearing what the word of God(Bible)saids about homosexuality.I guess there is one reason that might help explain as to why when it comes to homosexuals,it seems the things you tell them about what the word of God says about it being an Abomination seems to go in one ear and out the other.I think it's in the book of Romans,I can't remeber the chapter it might be in the first chapter,but again iam not sure.I do know it's in Romans.Clearly not all homosexuals decide that it's not a sin.There are people who once was a homosexual,but they acknowledge that it is a sin in the eyes of God.So,they made the right decesion to repent of their sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior.But I doubt if it was easy for them.But you have to want to change. Put all your trust in Jesus,and this is for everyone including myself.We all have to put our trust in God, nothing else.It's a process,therfore it might be difficult at the beginning when you become saved,but that's because we were all born with a sinful nature,so it's a new thing for us.But that's why God gives us the Holy spirit that will dwell in us.We will feel convicted in the spirit the moment we do or think anything that's not of God.And everyone must remeber that all things are possible with God.And the blood of Jesus Christ can overcome any sin.Becoming a Born Again Christian/being saved is the most important decesion that any human being can make.So,hopefully everything that I said will be a seed that is planted for who ever reads this.

May 9, 2010
There are many different cultures in the united states. And depending where in the U.S. you live, many of these cultures might think differently. From my point of view, Black men have had the short end of the stick for quite sometime. Add being a black man who is gay just brings more of an issue. Let us just imagine (as our Lord commands us, to carry each ones burden) You having the short end of the stick through out your life. Now here comes another like you, but he is Gay. And he's more accepted. Or at least you might think he is. Being that this has become a big issue of acceptance on Gay rights. Mind you, this is just a(one) point of view. Not saying anyone needs to agree. it's a point of view!(no right or wrong). Here is a person Who's Gay, which if your a Christian also believe that Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. For years the Black man been pushing to be accepted. And here The Black churches views on a sinful act becoming acceptable. What a slap in the face. Just saying!

I do understand what's being said of the continuing separation of cultures done by the Media. But we are different by culture and by race. But to say Blacks think differently on Gay right, is it saying then that white people accept Gay rights? Or that Black people accept it and White people don't?

May 9, 2010
Yeah...I agree...it is easy to just say that. =\ though from experience, giving something to God isn't just asking Him once and boom it's done. I've had to seriously daily give my issues over to God. And for a lot of sins that's what it takes. So for me, when I say something like that, I know for sure that for me, it wouldn't be just a simple answer. Though not everyone knows that do they? =\

I probably should have put in a disclaimer saying that no, stuff like that, you don't overcome overnight, or that in one simple prayer it's done. Though when I tried to word it the other way, I made it sound next to impossible to overcome. And I've heard stories on how people overcome it so it's obviously not impossible to overcome.

Once again, I agree. From what I've seen it's definitely not something that just happens overnight. And the fact that it does go to the very core of who someone is is what makes it so hard to overcome it.

Definitely...unfortunately I'm very bold and like to just straight up tell someone how it is, or just ask very blunt questions. And that's why if I had the opportunity to talk to someone struggling with being gay, I would have to definitely ask for wisdom and guidance. It's not that I'm unkind or impatient or callous towards people that are gay.

I mostly just do not understand. And that's why I asked what I asked...it just seriously got me thinking on the things I mentioned earlier in my previous post. Am I making sense? I hope I am... I definitely did not put up what I put up, to put up as advice or as an argument or as something to offend everyone with. =\ And I definitely apologize if I came off like that. >.<

Dude, that's one smart 15 year old. I thank God for your young wisdom!

R

rainacorn

can you explain further what you mean by that?
Sure, in going out of our way to not be racist, we're actually being pretty racist.

Pretending we don't see color becomes disrespecting cultural differences.

It's like when someone spends 10 minutes describing every little detail of a person to avoid saying the one thing that would make it clear immediately who they mean- what color they are.

Or when someone saying something like 'I'm not racist, I have friends who are minorities.'

Now who has race on the mind more? Someone who thinks calling someone black is racist? Or someone who calls someone black because they're black?

In the OP, he's saying CNN is racist for...

1. Acknowledging the existence of churches with exclusively black membership
2. Acknowledging that the black community has rallied behind our half-black President
3. Acknowledging that community, historically and presently, does not support same sex marriage
4. Recognizing the conflict between 2 and 3, since our half-black President supports same sex marriage

That's not racist at all.

If you feel like there is racism in the article, why completely overlook that there are churches with exclusively black membership?

Isn't that racist?

Why? Why not?

1still_waters

i think some may be missing the subtext of my post.

Here's the subtext.

Anytime someone on the right side of the political spectrum brings up race as an issue, the left/liberal media seizes on it, and gives all this inflated rhetoric about how we're all one, and how there isn't a black and white and red and blue america, but we're all one America. The left/liberal media constantly gets on the right about issues of race.

Yet here is CNN making an issue of race! Left leaning, "we're all one" CNN is making an issue of race, and there is no outcry from the left on it.

That's the subtext of this post.

Of course there are differences between certain cultures in America. That's a given. Unfortunately the left doesn't afford the 'right' THE RIGHT to discuss those issues too. And that is THE subtext of this post.

R

rainacorn

i think some may be missing the subtext of my post.

Here's the subtext.

Anytime someone on the right side of the political spectrum brings up race as an issue, the left/liberal media seizes on it, and gives all this inflated rhetoric about how we're all one, and how there isn't a black and white and red and blue america, but we're all one America. The left/liberal media constantly gets on the right about issues of race.

Yet here is CNN making an issue of race! Left leaning, "we're all one" CNN is making an issue of race, and there is no outcry from the left on it.

That's the subtext of this post.

Of course there are differences between certain cultures in America. That's a given. Unfortunately the left doesn't afford the 'right' THE RIGHT to discuss those issues too. And that is THE subtext of this post.
Oh I totally get what you're trying to say.

Once again, I don't think what you've actually posted supports that paranoid bias.

N

needmesomejesus

Sure, in going out of our way to not be racist, we're actually being pretty racist.

Pretending we don't see color becomes disrespecting cultural differences.

It's like when someone spends 10 minutes describing every little detail of a person to avoid saying the one thing that would make it clear immediately who they mean- what color they are.

Or when someone saying something like 'I'm not racist, I have friends who are minorities.'

Now who has race on the mind more? Someone who thinks calling someone black is racist? Or someone who calls someone black because they're black?

In the OP, he's saying CNN is racist for...

1. Acknowledging the existence of churches with exclusively black membership
2. Acknowledging that the black community has rallied behind our half-black President
3. Acknowledging that community, historically and presently, does not support same sex marriage
4. Recognizing the conflict between 2 and 3, since our half-black President supports same sex marriage

That's not racist at all.

If you feel like there is racism in the article, why completely overlook that there are churches with exclusively black membership?

Isn't that racist?

Why? Why not?
Okay I totally get you. I get frustrated when someone is describing someone they will call a white person white but they'll go out of their way to not call a black person black.... why is that? If someone's black they're black not being racist-- just a fact. Also I feel like people who say they aren't racist they have a black friend... are low key racist why is there a need to say that? But I also see the other extreme of where we've gotten so far away from the civil rights movement that even some black people don't care about people being demeaning and calling us bad names like the N word or even acknowledging when racism is present. Or some people say racism doesn't happen anymore :eek: