Come Thou Fount - My sister and I!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OgapS-kHMQ[/video]

Okay, so, as a lot of people on CC may know, I am a musician, along with my sister. Her and I do YouTube videos all the time. But the one we did just last night is I think my absolute favorite! Come Thou Fount is a BEAUTIFUL hymn and I really wanted to do it last night and my sister agreed to it! :D

Please note that the quality isn't 100% because we don't have a very good mic/webcam. And the picture freezes up. BUT, overall, it's a pretty okay video. Check it out! I'm the one playing guitar, and my sister is the one that sings. :)

And go ahead and tell us what ya think!

Last edited:

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
oh my...the way it looks before you play it looks super bad. o_O I promise it's not that bad once you start playing it!!

And very soon we'll be finding another way to record our videos so they don't freeze up on everyone.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Nice job! I love the last verse especially. Do you take requests? :D

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I've always liked "Just a Closer Walk with Thee", but I don't know if that tune is well-suited to guitar. :/

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I've always liked "Just a Closer Walk with Thee", but I don't know if that tune is well-suited to guitar. :/
Hmm...I'll see what my sister and I can do! :) besides I'm always up for a challenge :D (in other words I'm gonna try my hardest to MAKE it work :p LOL)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEDegB58OY[/video]

Another one we have made in the past month! Washed By the Water - NEEDTOBREATHE

Once again, the past three videos we've made have frozen. We have NO idea why. Once this is all said and done, we'll probably re-do the videos that froze. But I hope you enjoy!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Those looked like some tricky chords! I wonder if someone can tell us why the videos keep freezing?

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Those looked like some tricky chords! I wonder if someone can tell us why the videos keep freezing?
YouTube tech support?? :confused: I have noooo idea! I wish I knew though!!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Maybe I can drag someone in here to help us figure it out. Sorry I'm not more help! :(

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Maybe I can drag someone in here to help us figure it out. Sorry I'm not more help! :(

It's okay :D my sister and I will hopefully figure it out soon :) because the video freezes up both on youTube AND on CC

S

Siberian_Khatru

And so you did. :D

Since it's freezing on YouTube as well, I'd say the problem is either the upload or the source file. Does the video freeze when you play it off your hard drive, as opposed to streaming it online (lil_Christian)?

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
And so you did. :D

Since it's freezing on YouTube as well, I'd say the problem is either the upload or the source file. Does the video freeze when you play it off your hard drive, as opposed to streaming it online (lil_Christian)?
Well, we did a webcam recording on YouTube...and so we don't really have any other way to play it. >.<

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UHXIbrc8VQ[/video]

this is my very first solo video I ever did. It was back in January and I did it on a regular camera, and it was before the video started freezing.

Please note that I know that my performance wasn't perfect but I decided that it doesn't have to be, it just has to be for Jesus. Plus, I that was like the tenth take.

Aaaannnd, the lighting was really weird.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Dang, I had tried to listen to this when you posted it, but YouTube videos weren't working for me at all then. And of course, by the time I figured out what was wrong, I had forgotten about the video. :( But you certainly did a very nice job! It sounds like a tricky song to play. (Yes, our talk about music reminded me of it, haha.)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Dang, I had tried to listen to this when you posted it, but YouTube videos weren't working for me at all then. And of course, by the time I figured out what was wrong, I had forgotten about the video. :( But you certainly did a very nice job! It sounds like a tricky song to play. (Yes, our talk about music reminded me of it, haha.)
haha it's even more complex than the way I played it XD there's an even more complex one out there that I wanna try and accomplish, hopefully with my guitar teacher whenever I take up lessons with him again :)

J

Jordache

Great job... From one singer to another, try raising "Come Thou Fount" a step or so. I can hear in your voice that you have a higher register with a beautiful timbre. Sometimes we're afraid of it so we sing things really low. Raising the key will open up those lower tones at the beginnings if the bars which aren't quite free yet.
I'm jealous. I'd be singing all over you tube if I knew how. I also wish I had your confidence when I was your age. Keèp singing.:)