Complain or Give Thanks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Becky216

Plain and simple, complaining is a sin! It causes many people a great deal of problems in their lives and destroys the joy of anyone listening.
In Ephesians 4:29 the apostle Paul instructs us not to use any foul or polluting language. At one time I didn’t know this included complaining, but now I have learned that murmuring and complaining pollutes our lives.
We need to ask ourselves, how quick are we to become impatient and begin to complain when stuck in traffic or while waiting in checkout lines? How quick are we to spot and point out the faults of our friends or family members? Do we complain about our job when we should be thanking God that we have one?
Every word that comes out of our mouths has power in it—creative or destructive, positive or negative. So whether we murmur and complain or give thanks and keep a positive attitude, we are feeding our body, mind and spirit.
The best way to start each day is with gratitude and thanksgiving. Truly thankful people do not complain. They are too busy being grateful for the good things they do have that they have no time to notice the things they could complain about.

K

keep_on_smiling

This is such a great reminder and something I truly want to work on. Complaining is something that is extremely easy to get caught up in and it becomes such a vicious cycle of brining people down.