Computer speakers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I am in search of REALLY good computer speakers, just got a set that are ok, is it possible for a set of speakers to 'clean up" recording that are "fuzzy"? If so, what might they be.
Windows used to have a panel where we could adjust the bass and treble, I don't find it anymore, I thought that was a help to enhance treble for voice, I don't listen to music , pretty much Christian teaching and music all the time.

Mar 4, 2020
I am in search of REALLY good computer speakers, just got a set that are ok, is it possible for a set of speakers to 'clean up" recording that are "fuzzy"? If so, what might they be.
Windows used to have a panel where we could adjust the bass and treble, I don't find it anymore, I thought that was a help to enhance treble for voice, I don't listen to music , pretty much Christian teaching and music all the time.
Are you trying to listen to something from an audio file, a CD, or something on the internet like YouTube?

Unfortunately, the volume mixer that allows users to adjust bass/treble was discontinued in Windows 10. There are third-party apps that you could use to adjust bass/treble, but I can't recommend one.

Before you try buying speakers, it might be that the audio file you're trying to listen to is low quality and can't be fixed by adjusting bass and/or treble. So buying better speakers might only enhance the poor quality of the audio.

If it isn't the poor quality of the audio file, then what I would do is buy a pair of computer speakers that have an equalizer built-in. Normally they have a knob for treble and a knob for bass.

Creative Labs sells a computer speaker model called GigaWorks T20 series II 2.0 for ~$73.97 USD and it looks like it is rated high by customer reviews.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you kindly, got a set of Rockvilles' for a pretty good deal, I'm of the mind as well that it is a sort of a "garbage in, garbage out" deal.
Most all is you tube Bible teaching. Have been running through the whole Audio Bible as well.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Thank you kindly, got a set of Rockvilles' for a pretty good deal, I'm of the mind as well that it is a sort of a "garbage in, garbage out" deal.
Most all is you tube Bible teaching. Have been running through the whole Audio Bible as well.
If you're watching on yt they are known for not having the best audio quality. Apparently even some musicians have criticized YT for wearing the music's production value due to the way YT handles audio. So perhaps that's it.
And if you're watching sermons and such the nature of the recording can often have noise associated with it.
Another problem could simply be your sound card or driver's. Or if you're using a cable to connect the speakers the cable or input jack may be the problem. Try updating your audio drivers.
Worst case scenario is to download the videos and use an audio editor such as Audacity. It's a little more work but if the excess sound is too bothersome it may be worth it.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
See if you can download sound blaster.

https://support.creative.com/Produc...x?catID=1&prodID=17510&prodName=Sound+Blaster
https://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?prodID=22460&prodName=Sound+Blaster+FRee
https://us.creative.com/p/archived-products/sound-blaster-control-panel
https://www.soundblaster.com/blasterx/software/