Conclusion: Abortion, Homosexuality, Existence of GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 12, 2012
We are not to judge others hypocritically, disrespectfully, and/or unrighteously. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his duty to respectfully confront the person with his sin. We are to speak the truth in love to fellow Christians.

I do not believe Christians can expect the secular or non-Christian world to follow biblical practices when they are not yet a part of the body of Christ. They have a different moral code. However, God can judge them and hold them accountable.

I came to this thought when talking to others about abortion and on a separate occasion the existence of God.

My brain is fried and I can't go on! Someone help me begin this discussion....lol.

Sep 12, 2012
No one is interested? Hmmm... Maybe I should have had a different title.

What I'm basically saying is this:

Sin is sin but judging the world for their sinful actions is like judging a dog for being a dog when you think they should act like a cat. I'm not saying you can't explain your beliefs or plant a seed of faith, I'm just saying that judging them and their actions isn't really changing anything.

Do I believe abortion or homosexual marriages should be legal? Not necessarily. It is just difficult to make an argument that the secular world understands.

How can you explain things from a Godly perspective to people who do not believe in God or completely deny his existence?

N

nathan3

No one is interested? Hmmm... Maybe I should have had a different title.

What I'm basically saying is this:

Sin is sin but judging the world for their sinful actions is like judging a dog for being a dog when you think they should act like a cat. I'm not saying you can't explain your beliefs or plant a seed of faith, I'm just saying that judging them and their actions isn't really changing anything.

Do I believe abortion or homosexual marriages should be legal? Not necessarily. It is just difficult to make an argument that the secular world understands.

How can you explain things from a Godly perspective to people who do not believe in God or completely deny his existence?

You cant reason with people who are live in sin willfully.

The dark cant comprehend the light.

A

Ariel82

I don't even try.

I simply state what I believe and why, giving the Biblical scriptures and then pray and move on.

We are not called to judge the world but to tell them of God's Gospel message and allow the Holy Spirit to convict and bring people to a godly sorrow that leads to repentance of their sins and a turning from the darkness to the light.

I believe abortion is spiritually damaging to the women who choose to undergo the procedure and they need healing and forgiveness for giving in to the pressures of the world and going through with it. However i believe that the unborn babies are in heaven with God and are not harmed by the abortion.

homosexuality is a hot topic and I believe it is rooted in lust and an attempt to fill an emptiness with another person's body/love instead of looking to God and His love. of course most homosexuals will strongly object to such an idea.

Jan 11, 2013
You start with dealing with what they do believe in and work from what common ground you have. It often takes working layer upon layer and premise upon premise until they understand why sin is harmful.

If you're going to deal with these things then you yourself must have a well structured idea of why God said things where sinful, and have a good idea of the implications and repercussions of said sin. Quoting scripture without understanding is unfruitful in any situation, and counterproductive in that one.

Starting with basics of the why of ethics is generally a good place. Either you can find common ground to work with or you can push their presuppositions to until they start to crack. Even fairly general ideas such as 'for the good of society' or 'for the good of the individual' can be decent common ground for explaining the practicality of Christian ethics. Moral relativism can be deconstructed fairly easily if you find someone who actually claims to adhere to it, and then they'll tell you their true ideas on ethics and you can work from there.

There are really only two prerequisites to witnessing effectively to an atheist concerning ethical ideas.

First that you understand your position well enough to present it. Not just 'cause I believe it' but you have to really understand why God said this is alright and that is wrong and so on.

Second you must really care about their point of view and earnestly work to understand where they are coming from. That gives you the ability to debate their way of thinking without being strictly adversarial and hostile, and it lets you find openings to teach in ways they can relate too.

Sadly most Christians don't have either. Their system of ethics is based more on what they've been told than what they understand, and they view the atheist as some kind of set of antagonistic ideas more than an individual who needs to be ministered (read, served) too.

Naturally you don't start the discussion with big hot issues like homosexuality and abortion. You have to take the time to deal with the little things first then you can build a foundation with which to tackle the big things.