Confessions of a net addict....!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Timofree

Thought Id share this, and if anyone else can get anything out of it.......bonus!!

A few months ago I felt I was hindering my walk with Christ by coming online too much, particularly facebook!! I don't have many Christian friends in reality, so attempted to replace fellowship with time online, which am sure many others will know, can be hollow and unfulfilling! This site isn't so bad, at least you can learn and think about Him, which should be our aim in everything we do, not saying it always is, but something to aim for.........

The other week, one morning as soon as I woke up, my heart just told me to come online and check facebook, so I thought this isn't healthy, and decided to read and pray first. So from now on, with His help I hope to cut down.

Were all in different situations, and who knows, God might be using some greatly evangelising via facebook etc. And im not saying thou shalt not go online, im saying thou should prayerfully consider how long you go on for, and to what aim. To all those worried about finding friends or a partner, I've found the net a lonely place, so many 'friends', but little real contact.........posting comments for the sake of receving them back etc, I remember when you had to talk to people, ahhhhh ;)
After all that I should probably log off, seek first the kingdom kids :)

K

keep_on_smiling

I can certainly relate to what you are saying! Thanks for sharing! It seems to me that you are on the right track. The first step to anything is recognizing when change is needed and that is different for everyone. I pray God blesses you in your desire to change that "habit". I always remind myself that God comes first! He deserves all of our attention :) Most of the time it works. I wish you the best!! =)

N

nutty

Hi Tim,there is an app on facebook called message from God.Its really cool and hs helped me with some of my trials

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Thought Id share this, and if anyone else can get anything out of it.......bonus!!

A few months ago I felt I was hindering my walk with Christ by coming online too much, particularly facebook!! I don't have many Christian friends in reality, so attempted to replace fellowship with time online, which am sure many others will know, can be hollow and unfulfilling! This site isn't so bad, at least you can learn and think about Him, which should be our aim in everything we do, not saying it always is, but something to aim for.........

The other week, one morning as soon as I woke up, my heart just told me to come online and check facebook, so I thought this isn't healthy, and decided to read and pray first. So from now on, with His help I hope to cut down.

Were all in different situations, and who knows, God might be using some greatly evangelising via facebook etc. And im not saying thou shalt not go online, im saying thou should prayerfully consider how long you go on for, and to what aim. To all those worried about finding friends or a partner, I've found the net a lonely place, so many 'friends', but little real contact.........posting comments for the sake of receving them back etc, I remember when you had to talk to people, ahhhhh ;)
After all that I should probably log off, seek first the kingdom kids :)
May I challenge you by asking....is there truly a difference between making comments on here and coming on here to see if anyone has responded as opposed to interacting with those of faith on Facebook?
I think it comes down to a balance, and making sure that if something is truly NOT beneficial to you in any way, then you cut back on it or cut it out of your life all together.
I am thankful for the numerous friends I have that are around the world that I only get to interact with via facebook or messageboards/forums such as this one.
Some of these friends have been incredible blessings to me and my family. :) I am truly thankful for them.

T

Timofree

May I challenge you by asking....is there truly a difference between making comments on here and coming on here to see if anyone has responded as opposed to interacting with those of faith on Facebook?
I think it comes down to a balance, and making sure that if something is truly NOT beneficial to you in any way, then you cut back on it or cut it out of your life all together.
I am thankful for the numerous friends I have that are around the world that I only get to interact with via facebook or messageboards/forums such as this one.
Some of these friends have been incredible blessings to me and my family. :) I am truly thankful for them.

Amen, my original message was more of post first think later. Had been grumbling about facebook with a friend at work. I find the site a fairly depressing reflection of humanity, but again it depends who you have as your friends, and what you use it for........I guess people have always been similar, we just never had the opportunity to hear about their every waking thought before ;| 'so and so is on facebook' etc, aggggh haha don't mind me, as I get older, Im getting quite fond of complaining with it ;)

Last edited by a moderator: