CONFUSED.com :(

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nicolefxo

hello, im nicole...looking for a few answers

How can people not live in fear of dying? i am a young girl and im terrified of dying and i shouldnt be cause i have the lord beside me but i cant help it

how do some people say no to something they dont want to do? like to drink or smoke...perr pressure is a big thing atm

how do you keep true to your faith? i find it hard to keep up with my faith, i struggle a lot with this

THANKS FOR LISETNING

:D

J

Jordache

1). Fearing dying and fearing death are two different things. We should fear neither, but fearing dying is hard not to fear. I do not walk around worrying about how I'm going to die, but some things stir it up. I know that I will be in heaven with Jesus when I die. I long to be with him. I long to die. However, lying in a hospital bed dying I cancer or getting crunched in a car accident scare the jeepers out of me. I always have to remember that God knows everything that will ever happen to me and He will work it for His purpose. He will also sustain me even if I die a horribly painful death. My mother-in-law was a wonderful woman. She died a very painful death from breast cancer, but she left behind one heck of a legacy. It wasn't because she had a peaceful death. It was because God met her in it and drew her through it.

J

Jordache

2). I remember learning in highschool that direct peer pressure was very uncommon. I was never a drinker or a druggie. It just never interested me. Though my friends were heavily into it, they never really pressured me. The pressure I felt was all in my head. It was me no wanting to look like an outcast. Therefore, I had to deal with myself. If your friends truly are pressuring you and in your face, then say no. If they continue to humiliate you for it, they are not the friends you need. If you simply feel pressured in order to fit in, then you must deal with your own feelings.

N

nicolefxo

1). Fearing dying and fearing death are two different things. We should fear neither, but fearing dying is hard not to fear. I do not walk around worrying about how I'm going to die, but some things stir it up. I know that I will be in heaven with Jesus when I die. I long to be with him. I long to die. However, lying in a hospital bed dying I cancer or getting crunched in a car accident scare the jeepers out of me. I always have to remember that God knows everything that will ever happen to me and He will work it for His purpose. He will also sustain me even if I die a horribly painful death. My mother-in-law was a wonderful woman. She died a very painful death from breast cancer, but she left behind one heck of a legacy. It wasn't because she had a peaceful death. It was because God met her in it and drew her through it.

thank you, this is very helpful to me :D

U

Ugly

Being afraid of death is pretty common even among Christians. I think that if you stay strong in your faith, continue to grow and learn to be secure in God, then over time that will diminish. You're still young and are a 'baby Christian', so you have to expect to think, operate and trust at that level. You're not going to have the same faith and trust as someone who's been a solid Christian for 30 years. So don't worry about the fear, just keep your walk going and growing and the fear will dissipate as you grow closer to God.

Peer pressure. I had almost no pressure as a teen to ever smoke, drink or do drugs. And my high school probably had a 95% or higher amount of kids that did these things, higher than the average high school. But the reason i was never pressure is i always made a big deal about how i absolutely do not do these things, don't want to, and refuse to. I eventually developed a reputation as the guy 'not to bother with' when it came to that stuff.
And to back it up, i was very very blunt about my faith as well. I sometimes wore Christian tshirts. I didn't use a backpack, so i carried my school books around and always had my bible on the top of them all.
I had one guy i didn't really know, in class he tried to sell me pot. I told him emphatically i don't smoke or drink and don't want to. He was surprised i had never even tried pot, so he offered some to me for free. I repeated my strong stance, boldly, against using. He said if i changed my mind to let him know, but he never said another word about it again.
If i was around friends who started discussing drug or alcohol use, i always spoke right up and announced i didn't touch any of that stuff. Basically, what i did was i took an offense position. Instead of waiting for people to pressure me and defending myself, i put myself out there before people ever approached me.

To keep true to your faith is just a daily battle, one you will likely face your whole life, as we have to battle our flesh daily. Don't stress over the battle, just remember the victory is already won through Christ. Just do your best, seek God for support and don't stress.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Nicole, ask Jesus to fill you with The Holy Spirit! :) Ask Him to keep and guard your heart against temptation.

O

oracle2world

Your faith will keep you true to your faith. You can relax about it.

If your peers do not respect your beliefs, dump them and move on. They were not your peers to begin with and will not miss you. (You are facing that situation now, leaving behind old peer groups and joining new ones. Everyone goes through it.)

I have a story of peer pressure within a Christian youth group, that had a tragic end. As part of an outing, the group had set up a zip line at their camp for some fun and thrills. (A zip line is a suspended cable going downhill, a pulley hung from it, and you grab the pulley and have fun zipping through the woods. You can see them on playgrounds even.) One kid was adament that he did not want to try it. He finally gave into the peer pressure, found a way to get tangled in the pulley, the pulley failed, and he fell and died. Afterwards the kids in the youth group said his death had brought them closer together. But he was still dead, just a teenager.

So peer pressure can come at you in a lot of ways, from people that you may love and want to trust. The litmus test for deciding to stay or leave your peer group is actually pretty simple. If you get pressured or ridiculed repeatedly for expressing a firmly held belief, leave. That is it. The teen in the story above died because he could not make that decision.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. I was recently pressured to review and approve change requests at a computer operations center. I said a lot of them were outside my area of subject matter expertise, and would not approve them. At a very unpleasant meeting with management, way up the food chain, I finally said either put in writing exactly what I am approving and the consequences if I guess wrong, or let us get some lawyers involved and go to the mat and see who comes out on top.

So resisting peer pressure and staying away from drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, dishonesty, and unsafe sex is pretty easy. But if you cannot resist pressure from "friends" that insist you engage in these activities ... well ... don't figure on measuring up when you really get pressured.

Hope this helps.

N

nicolefxo

Being afraid of death is pretty common even among Christians. I think that if you stay strong in your faith, continue to grow and learn to be secure in God, then over time that will diminish. You're still young and are a 'baby Christian', so you have to expect to think, operate and trust at that level. You're not going to have the same faith and trust as someone who's been a solid Christian for 30 years. So don't worry about the fear, just keep your walk going and growing and the fear will dissipate as you grow closer to God.

Peer pressure. I had almost no pressure as a teen to ever smoke, drink or do drugs. And my high school probably had a 95% or higher amount of kids that did these things, higher than the average high school. But the reason i was never pressure is i always made a big deal about how i absolutely do not do these things, don't want to, and refuse to. I eventually developed a reputation as the guy 'not to bother with' when it came to that stuff.
And to back it up, i was very very blunt about my faith as well. I sometimes wore Christian tshirts. I didn't use a backpack, so i carried my school books around and always had my bible on the top of them all.
I had one guy i didn't really know, in class he tried to sell me pot. I told him emphatically i don't smoke or drink and don't want to. He was surprised i had never even tried pot, so he offered some to me for free. I repeated my strong stance, boldly, against using. He said if i changed my mind to let him know, but he never said another word about it again.
If i was around friends who started discussing drug or alcohol use, i always spoke right up and announced i didn't touch any of that stuff. Basically, what i did was i took an offense position. Instead of waiting for people to pressure me and defending myself, i put myself out there before people ever approached me.

To keep true to your faith is just a daily battle, one you will likely face your whole life, as we have to battle our flesh daily. Don't stress over the battle, just remember the victory is already won through Christ. Just do your best, seek God for support and don't stress.

thank you, means a lot

W

wwjd_kilden

1: I thineky you eiter fear it or not, its not something that can be switched off, however, trusting God would make it less scary I assume. I personally dont fear death, but I dont think there is a particular reason why (anyone who knows me will tell you Im wierd)

2: In some cases saying no can gain you more respect than saying yes :)

sorry for strange grammathics, I am on a english keyboard and I have yet to figure out where all the dashes and stuff are

K

kittycat7

hello, im nicole...looking for a few answers

How can people not live in fear of dying? i am a young girl and im terrified of dying and i shouldnt be cause i have the lord beside me but i cant help it

how do some people say no to something they dont want to do? like to drink or smoke...perr pressure is a big thing atm

how do you keep true to your faith? i find it hard to keep up with my faith, i struggle a lot with this

THANKS FOR LISETNING

:D
Why would I want to live in fear of dying? Im 18: And Im not afraid: God forbid, if I got into a accicent, I know where Im going, cause I know who I accepted: Plus, I can be sure Im going to heaven when I die, cause I made Jesus the Lord of my life/ savior: It will be a terryfing thing, if I didnt: and lived a life of sin, and didn't repent to God: It's just get sweeter on the other side: And, Peer pressure is so old school: or high school) XD No one is going to force you to do something you don't want to do, and if your really tuff skinned, you wouldn't care what people think of you: or think your "cool" enough: you know what's right and worng, so say no: Keeping true to your faith: I guess if your a real born again believer, you would want to act like one: LIke being separted from the world: no matter how old you are: You wouldn't do what the world does: Watch certain movies, dress a certain way, and talk like a heathen:

F

ForeverHis42

i think everyone becomes afriad of death at least once... but Christians just need to move on... we know that death only means good things- eternity with God :) :) :) :)

F

Faith00

Honestly, it's really easy once you realize how simple it is, which is kind of a paradox because you might have to go through some hard experiences and a lot of confusion before then. But I'll let you skip that by letting you know what I've learned. Death is a part of life. in other words fearing death is fearing life. How deep is that? Well you don't fear something that's good so what it means is you fear death because your life is bad. But God is good so him in your life will alleviate the fear. If your doubtful of what my experience has taught me here's this: 1 John 4:18- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. The similarities aren't coincidental.

As for peer pressure, just remember that age old saying. Stay true to yourself. If you want to quit then listen to yourself before anyone else because God's the one who creates that desire for reform. I'll even give you some motivation. Quitting saves you time, money, and saves you from several dramatic situations, bad encounters, and family problems(assuming they have a problem with it or would if they knew). You should never have to hide anything from your family. Then you keep that secret out of fear and not with pure intent. Read the bible, pray, talk to people who've been in your shoes and ended up where you want to be. Remember that everyone struggles, but God is with you ever step of the way.

Last edited:
N

nicolefxo

Honestly, it's really easy once you realize how simple it is, which is kind of a paradox because you might have to go through some hard experiences and a lot of confusion before then. But I'll let you skip that by letting you know what I've learned. Death is a part of life. in other words fearing death is fearing life. How deep is that? Well you don't fear something that's good so what it means is you fear death because your life is bad. But God is good so him in your life will alleviate the fear. If your doubtful of what my experience has taught me here's this: 1 John 4:18- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. The similarities aren't coincidental.

As for peer pressure, just remember that age old saying. Stay true to yourself. If you want to quit then listen to yourself before anyone else because God's the one who creates that desire for reform. I'll even give you some motivation. Quitting saves you time, money, and saves you from several dramatic situations, bad encounters, and family problems(assuming they have a problem with it or would if they knew). You should never have to hide anything from your family. Then you keep that secret out of fear and not with pure intent. Read the bible, pray, talk to people who've been in your shoes and ended up where you want to be. Remember that everyone struggles, but God is with you ever step of the way.

thanks very much for the advice, great help :)

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
I would be frowning over Confused.com too, they seem to hold a spammy reputation for car insurance :(
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/confused.com

That being said, lol. There's no reason to fear death if you are born again through Jesus Christ. Then you know where you will go, and most deaths happen instantly so you won't feel much. You should be more concerned about those who don't yet know Jesus as they will experience the pain of their life for an eternity if they perish without Him! Live everyday like it's your last. :)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I think it's normal to fear death .... even though Christians know a little bit about what happens after death and have assurance of eternal life with God, it's still a big unknown. The trick is, is to not let it control you, but trust that God has a plan for you and that your soul is protected from death (once you have repented and accepted Christ as your Savior).

Peer pressure can be very strong, but once we are saved, God's desires become our priority. And getting to know Him through Christ will bring you great reassurance and peace :).

Nov 30, 2006
Hey.... glad ur hear. Kno that you can talk to me anytime ok? 817-778-4862

J

Jordache

Nicole,
My church has been goin through acts and its got me thinking about death a lot. First off, though not in Acts, a fully human Jesus endured more pain than any person was supposed to be able to. This shows me we have a sustaining God.
In Acts there are a few stories of death. Most notably is the stoning of Stephen. He preached the gospel. He called Sanhedin to a new reality and feeling threatened they had him stoned. Imagine what that kind of death would feel like. Some people had a good arm. Just to have that crowd shouting curses at him was painful enough. But consider that as they began hurling stones, some had a good arm. Some were weak. Some threw big rocks and some small. Some squished his finger so to say, and others hit him right in the head. Some were flat or rounded and bruised him. Some were sharp and tore his flesh. His bones broke in multiple places. He was bleeding an unable to defend himself. But do you know what Stephen experienced? He saw an open heaven and Jesus standing before the Father welcoming him. He felt asleep. He experience a horrific death, but God met him and in it he experiences minimal pain.

J

jkalyna

:)HEY KITTYCAT, YOU SPEAK WELL BEYOUND YOUR KNOWLEDGE IN YEARS, WISE ADVICE, AND VERY TRUTHFULLY, YOU SOUND STRONGE, SECURE, AND WILL MAKE A GREAT MOTHER. GOD BLESS YOU. YOU MUST HAVE A GREAT MOM. LOL HUGS LUV YA.:)