Confused.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Caff

Hi guys,

I have a question, well more of a dilemma. My girlfriend is not a Christian, while she understands that my faith and relationship with God is first and foremost in my life, she has not yet come to know Jesus.
It is tearing me up, i love her dearly and want her to have a relationship with Jesus herself. ... I don't know, I am saddened by this.
I knew going in to the relationship (5 months ago) that this was the case, and knowing this i persued our relationship, hoping to introduce her to our wonderful creator. So far though, this isnt the case.
I guess i just needed to get this off my chest.

Any prayer and advice is greatly appreciated

Cheers

C

Credo_ut_Intelligam

I'll pray for you.

Missionary dating is never a good idea, because this is usually how it ends up. Instead of persuading the person of interest to come to Christ, you just end up in love with someone estranged from Christ.

Stay strong in your love of God above you other loves. "Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter [or girlfriend or boyfriend] more than me is not worthy of me" (Matthew 10:37).

A

Aqua_Girl09

I can tell you that if its been 5 months and shes still not looking for God then i think its time to let someone else show her God. Its always easier to pull someone down then to pull them up and because you're attached to her in such a way its much easier for her to convince you to compromise your standards. and because shes not a christian its going to put a huge strain on your relationship. I've seen a few relationships already (married couples included) where one person is a christian and the other isn't let me tell you that all KINDS of drama result from them. and the married couples make me want to just cry for them with the things they goo through. people who don't have Jesus in their heart have a different standard. one example: a boy at my church who was 14 was dating an 18 year old. the mother was christian and said no. the dad wasn't and said GO FOR IT. it tore the family apart and also the church. who is to say that safe sex isn't ok unless you have God. how would you feel if you married your girlfriend and she told your 16 year old daughter that its ok to experiment with sex. its natural and just make sure to be safe. by the world's standards thats good parenting. and without God in her heart thats what she'll come to believe if she doesn't now.

i broke up with my boyfriend and he was christian. because i don't know where i'm going with my life, he doesn't know where HES going with his life, and i don't want some guy getting in the way of me growing deeper with God. If he is the man that God decided was ment for me then he'll still be there when i'm ready to find a husband and share my life with someone. after i broke up with him i SKYROCKETED in my faith. SO many things that i was holding onto were let go and i was free to just worry about myself and God. not "what will he think if i change this or will he break up with me if i change that.'' none of that mattered any more. and i realize it was stupid to worry cause if i want to share my life with someone THAT someone should be pushing me to change for the better in christ. not holding me back. (haha i said a lot) but thats what i think about dating in general. even if they're christian. wait till you know what you want in life and you're ready to take care of it.

S

seetheunseen

You have to watch how you talk about God and christ with her since if she is a non believer if she feels pushed upon than she could decide to pull away from God and have a negative idea of all christians. Its hard with non believers I know I was one for awhile and there is this idea that you know all that you do not need God and why does it matter I am good and such and such it was through God's guidance to the right church that my eyes were opened and I got to see the other side now I am devoted and try really hard to be Godly. Its hard because we know what we know and we want all to understand and see but we have to watch if we are coming off as pushy since that does not help at all.

G

godsbluesman

Brither Caff---I gotcha in the prayer request-ypu are on my list.god will move-but if you are,stop ytryin to follow your flesh and let the Holt spirit guide you --You pray and seek God--for both of you-remember,brother that in a relationship with a woman YOU are the spiritual covering over her-If You want God's Grace,YOU have to ask him for it! She,if she is meant for You.a christian,Will be lead by God to make the right choice-But YOU must contend for this as she probably wont as a non christian--I am prayin with ya more than for ya,since we are taught...where two or more.....accord...I will be...You know what i mean!

I

iliveforHim

Hi Caff,

I went through a similar situation for fifteen years, until I felt my relationship was causing a rift between God and me. I felt I had to make a choice, and I did. You don't seem to be at that point yet, but if I could give you any type of personal experience/input, I'd say, PRAY!!! He hears you and knows your concerns and thoughts! He will guide you on how to do what's best for everyone in the long run...prayer is what has helped me reach a point of peace. I highly recommend it! :)

jangel

May 12, 2010
I know someone who is greatly used by God but his wife is not a believer but he never stop praying for her but as the time goes his wife became worse and worse and worse but he didn't give up on praying earnestly and so.... he win...just have faith. :)

K

Kelseybear

5months is not that long.Give it some more time and just be the best example
you can be as a Christian.invite her to a churh ivent,like a event
where is more relaxed.Let her meet some well rounded Chistian girls and
women who she will get along with,you know the plant a seed and then leave the
rest to God! I will pray for you and don't rush it.you could push her away

F

foreverJaM

2 Corinthians 6:14Be ye not unequally YOKED together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Be very Carefull

A

asamanthinketh

Love like it says, does not force, manipulate, but knows the answer to all things, the end from the beginning.

Maybe you are looking at it the wrong way, maybe her view is different than yours, but not wrong.

I don't know, it depends how much more is going on between you two, if there is familiy, goals,