Confused

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Eugeniamarie

Is it okay for a married man, to call a dying woman, who is not saved, and on her death bed, pet names, because she uses pet names?

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Is it okay for a married man, to call a dying woman, who is not saved, and on her death bed, pet names, because she uses pet names?
Is this woman his wife? Did he have a pet name for her throughout the marriage? Even if she is on her deathbed, I see nothing wrong with calling her by a term of endearment that would have been familiar and routine for the couple.

E

Eugeniamarie

No she is not his wife. Only a friend he is helping through the death process.

Dec 25, 2012
Hummm,,, you mean calling her baby or sweetie?

It depends on the relationship. They may be friends who grew up as family, brothers and sisters. It depends on the relationship and not only that, it depends also if she finds comfort in this as she passes on.

The motive is key.

E

Eugeniamarie

I believe he felt she found comfort in the pet names. She calls everyone pet names and is very sick and dying of leukemia. He said he felt it would make her feel better.

Dec 25, 2012
In this case his motive sounds good. As long as the wife is ok with it, I don't think it's anything that would be considered bad.

E

Eugeniamarie

I'm the wife, and I'm still trying to figure out if I'm okay with it.

Dec 25, 2012
I'm the wife, and I'm still trying to figure out if I'm okay with it.
I see, then you need to have a conversation with him and let him know how you feel. It may sound trivial to some, but maybe if you are ok with one name then he can stick to that one out of respect to you. You are his priority and there needs to be balance.

E

Eugeniamarie

I found out about it later. I wasn't there at the time it happened.

E

Eugeniamarie

If I had been there, I may have been alright with it. Finding out about it after the fact made me uneasy.

E

Eugeniamarie

By the way, thankyou so much for responding to this post!