Confusion, and uncertianty.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kooper

I don't know what to do. There are so many people out there saying so many different things about the bible, that it's hard to have fellowship with the people of Christ. *sigh* The bible says to have one mind, but there are so many interpretations out there that it seems like a mess of minds trying to unify each other into their own personal beliefs.

I already know that I shouldn't keep my focus on men and women, but it's hard searching for truth when I don't know anything about anything. The wolves have blended so well among the sheep, it is hard for me to see what truth is and what lies are masked as truth.

I feel lost.

I just want follow the right path. I want to hear only God's voice. I want to know and grow spiritually about the things that are right. But how do I do so with so many saying so many different things? How do I know that you're talking out of the Spirit of God?

I feel so messed up in the head.

I obviously need prayer.

H

HeIsNowHere

I obviously need prayer. [/quote]

God did not intend us to be a lone ranger Christian. it is very important for you to have a mature Christian as a mentor to help you. If you have no one I will do so at least for now.

I suggest a book to read that is very good and will help you.

"How to know the Bible is True" by Ken Ham and Bodie Hodge.
Get this book from Answers in Genesis website. If you have no money I will buy it for you and have it sent to you just let me know. My email is [email protected]

The old trick of Satan is to confuse people about the Word of God.
It happened to the first women Eve right in the beginning. Remember God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Then the serpent (Satan) said to Eve "Did God really say that you would die?" So the first is questioning God's Word then going against it when you know it.

The Bible was written so people can understand it. There are some books that are more difficult to read by the Gospels, the new Testament letters, and books like Genesis, Exodus, ... are history and very straightforward.

The problem with God's Word for example the book of Genesis which is history right from chapter 1 which was EXPIRED from God to Moses on the mountain for over 40 days of direct talk, is that people compromise it with unproven human philosophy. For Genesis Christians compromise history because of evolutionary teaching and millions of years. They are taught that evolution is fact so Genesis chapter 1 is a story not history. But it is the same scenario that happened to Eve.
I have studies Biblical Creation and evolution doctrines for 40 years and assure that no one from any science has proven millions of years nor any evolution of life from non-life nor descent from the first creature into all living things. This is a religious belief of anti-Creator naturalists and not science that is observable. There are thousands of scientists globally that also believe in Biblical Creation or Genesis as true history from every scientific discipline. They are a minority of course but in science when has a majority always been right? And because the church does not teach much on this subject most Christians are ignorant. But you do not have to be because I will help you learn things that will make you absolutely sure about our creator Jesus Christ who created everything as it says in John Chapter 1.

There will always be some disagreements on certain doctrines but MERE Christianity, that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, that he lived a sinless life, that he demonstrated that he was God;s Son by the miricles he did, that he died completely innocent a terrible death, but was resurrected in HIS BODY on the 3rd day, and that He is preparing an eternal place for us and intercedes for us in Heaven now, and will come for us again, and take us to the new place which will be a new earth where we will live forever without pain or suffering in a place that is beyond our imaginations. These facts are not disputable. Anyone denying them is a heretic.

If you particular pressing questions ask me. I still recommend a strong Christian mentor. That is what is missing in the church. Everyone should be helping and mentoring someone else. Don;t you agree?

S

shekaniah

I understand how you feel, I once went to a church were their was a lot of confusion. I cried out to God for wisdom and understanding.
Now I'm more confident in what I believe...I will pray that God gives you someone that will be a mentor in your life.

May God erase any confusion, I pray that anything you have read or herd, that is not according to His goodwill and purpose,
will be removed from your memory. And that God would give you the gift of discernment, so you will always see and know what is truth.
Jesus I ask you to give him peace and understanding. Lord give him a joyful spirit. In Jesus Name Amen

U

Ugly

Something i try to do is start a foundation of my beliefs on what the bible says. If i have any more trouble, my next step is to consider what Gods intent is. I'll take what i know of the 'personality' of God and try to use that to help in some of the grey or confusing areas. Maybe something to consider as well.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Bro, there have always and will always be various teachings. But know this, you may hear a lot of things, but just hold on to what God has told you. The bible says ask and it shall be given... Ask God to guide you in your walk and He will. God bless

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Be still and know that I am God.
One of my fave scriptures, as it tells one that He is taking care of you and keeps and brings all to His care and glory.
Look to Jesus in faith, keep going forward in faith, trust Jesus as He will not let any decieve you.
If anything is not correct, Jesus will let you know and bring correction.
This is His promise, as Jesus said, I will not let any take you from my hand. :)
Praying for you in Jesus that all that is His peace, care and delight shall fill you and be your praise! :)

God bless.
pickles