CONFUSION? AT IT'S FINEST

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

followerofchrist

OK SO I AM SO LOST WHEN IT COMES TO THE CATHOLIC RELIGION. I WAS TALKING WITH THIS ONE GIRL WHO SAYS SHE IS CATHOLIC. WE WERE TALKING ABOUT SOME ROUGH THINGS THAT SHE WAS DEALING WITH I HER LIFE AND I WAS USING BIBLE VERSES TO HELP HER THROUGH IT. SOMEWHERE IN OUR CONVERSATION PRAYING TO THE SAINTS CAME UP. AND I BROUGHT UP THE BIBLE VERSE WHERE JESUS SAYS THAT HE IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT AND THAT NO ONE GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH HIM. AND I TOLD HER THAT I DID NOT UNDRSTAND WHY CATHOLIC SEEM TO PRAY TO EVERYBODY EXCEPT JESUS(SAINTS, THE VIRGIN MARY,ECT.) OBVIOUSLY I DON'T MEAN THAT CATHOLICS DO NOT PRAY TO JESUS I JUST UNDERSTAND WHY THEY GO THROUGH ALL THE MIDDLE PEOPLE. AND WHEN I ASKED THIS GIRL I WAS TALKING TO ABOUT THE SAINTS SHE SAID THAT THE SAINTS ARE PRECIOUS PEOPLE, THAT THEY ARE SOME HOW FAVORED MORE THAN YOU OR ME AND THAT I SHOULD JUST READ THE STORIES ABOUT THE SAINTS. AND THEN WE INTO A COFFESION AND BROUGH UP HOW JESUS DESTROYED AND REBUILT THE TEMPLE IN 3 DAYS AND SHE SAYS SHE DOES NOT KNOW WHY THEY(CATHOLICS) GO TO CONFESSION THEY JUST DO. NOW I REALIZE THAT THIS GIRL IS LOST BECAUSE THE WHOLE TIME SHE IS CURSING UP A STORM AND GRANTED WE BOTH WERE GETTING HEATED BUT I COULD SEE THAT SHE DID NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT WAS REQUIRED FOR THE CONVERSATION. SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT ARE THE PURPOSE OF SAINTS, WHY DO CATHOLICS GO TO CONFESSION, OH AND WAS I WRONG FOR TELLING THIS GIRL THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS BEEN HISTORICALLY KNOWN TO BE BE CURROPT AND ALSON KNOWN TO BE MURDERS. I AM SO CONFUSED

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
God loves people and is always after the heart of people. If he can get their heart then He can impart His life to them through His Son. For a person to be accepted by God they have to receive what God has offered to them as a gift. They don't have to be anybody or do anything but they must receive Jesus Christ as a person, because He was the one that God offered to them as a gift. God sent His Son in the flesh and He went to the cross in the flesh and shed His blood for the remission of sins and we have all sinned. When we, as a sinner, believe upon Christ through faith or by faith, we receive the gift of God's righteousness. That gift is imputed to us when we believe. Jesus Christ is our righteousness because He paid for our sins and was sacrificed on our behalf by tasting death for every man.

Those that were raised in Catholicism need to know that Jesus Christ becomes their righteousness when they believe upon Him by faith for the forgiveness and cleansing of their sins. Jesus Christ shed His blood and paid for their sins by faith, so they must receive Him by faith without works because it is a gift of God. The gift of righteousness that they receive through Christ is the very basis for God accepting them. God will only accept the righteousness of His Son and that righteousness must be received as a gift of grace through Jesus Christ. If a Catholic tells you that every time they receive communion they are receiving Christ, point them to (Rom 10:9:10) that says 'with the heart man believeth unto righteousness'. Don't tell them that what they are doing is wrong but point to what God's word says about how it is done. Show them the beauty of child like faith in what God has provided through grace as a one time act and that God does not require them to do it over and over because Jesus Christ died once and they need only to believe once. Once they believe and receive complete and total forgiveness of sins they will be clean of everything and every sin. Tell them that it's a promise from God and that God can not lie.

F

followerofchrist

thanks alot blc. i think i get what you are saying. instead of letting GOd do the talking i did the talking and ended up running this lost girl away. thank you for you help and your wisdom. God bless

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
God has given you His love for people and don't stop ministering that love. You will grow in the knowledge and wisdom of that love, so don't look back and be guilty just keep looking forward and the Holy Spirit will continue to shed that love abound in your heart to others (Rom 5:5). God gave you that love and it is your first love, never lose it. Do everything to keep that love burning in your heart as you love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Always remember these passages (1Jn 2:5, 4:7-21)

F

followerofchrist

thank you so much once agai you have helped way more than you will ever know. those verses in 1 john really spoke to me . i now understand what God is telling me. he is saying that i cannot love him if i hate people it is not possiable and i needed to know that. so thank you. if there is any other advise or bible verses that you can give me to help and/or encourage me on my walk of faith i would greatly appreciate it. GOd bless