Conspiracy of the Heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Rebecca2188

"YOU OWE ME" is not a sincere gesture from the heart. It's a self serving act. Helping others for what you can get in return has no genuineness to the deed.

"EXPECTING NOTHING IN RETURN" shows pure motives and sincere actions. It is demonstrating that your helping with no agenda behind it. You don't seek recognition or reward.

Be honest with yourself, and ask what are you true motives of helping others? Is it for what you can gain, or what you can freely give to others?

#Selfreflectiondeeds

Dec 26, 2014
it takes a lifetime to learn, if the motive is not completely, freely being joyfully totally obedient to the Creator by grace through faith in Yahshua Hamashiach (Christ Jesus), 'ven the faith being a gift from Yahweh(Creator,God), then it is selfish.
all we can say at the end of the day is,
[h=1] Luke 17 Revised Standard Version (RSV)[/h] [h=3]Some Sayings of Jesus[/h]17 And he said to his disciples, “Temptations to sin[SUP][a][/SUP] are sure to come; but woe to him by whom they come! [SUP]2 [/SUP]It would be better for him if a millstone were hung round his neck and he were cast into the sea, than that he should cause one of these little ones to sin.[SUP][b][/SUP] [SUP]3 [/SUP]Take heed to yourselves; if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him; [SUP]4 [/SUP]and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, and says, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

[SUP]5 [/SUP]The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” [SUP]6 [/SUP]And the Lord said, “If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this sycamine tree, ‘Be rooted up, and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]“Will any one of you, who has a servant plowing or keeping sheep, say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down at table’? [SUP]8 [/SUP]Will he not rather say to him, ‘Prepare supper for me, and gird yourself and serve me, till I eat and drink; and afterward you shall eat and drink’? [SUP]9 [/SUP]Does he thank the servant because he did what was commanded? [SUP]10 [/SUP]So you also, when you have done all that is commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.’”

S

sassylady

Being a single mom on one low paycheck, I have had many people "help" but the biggest problem I have had is afterward they think they can run my life because of their "investment". Or they say "I helped you and you still have a problem". Single motherhood doesn't end with one act of kindness, and one thing doesn't make up for week after week of paychecks that barely make it. I appreciate the help I have received, but don't need to be judged because one token didn't fix my entire life.