Constantly kicked off Christian Chat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
i am having a problem with not staying logged in. i will answer an email and when i try to submit it, it says you are not logged in, i put my username, and password and sometimes it retains my last thing i tried to post, but sometimes it does not retain it. What can i do to fix this issue of getting automatically logged off, when i did not log off?

^i^

B

Bryancampbell

U got to click "remember me" option when you sign in

U

Ugly

No you don't. This is only to have the site hold your name, so that each time you log in you don't have to retype it. It has nothing at all to do with staying logged in. I never click it and i never get kicked except when i'm idle for a long time. But that's normal.

OP... what browser and OS could possibly help someone find an answer for you.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
No you don't. This is only to have the site hold your name, so that each time you log in you don't have to retype it. It has nothing at all to do with staying logged in. I never click it and i never get kicked except when i'm idle for a long time. But that's normal.

OP... what browser and OS could possibly help someone find an answer for you.
Ugly is correct, i alway make sure the Remember Me is checked, that does not help the situation, i still get logged of repeatedly.
i don't fully understand what you are asking me, Ugly. The browser i am using is Firefox. But as to your question What browser and OS could possibly hep someone find an answer for me? i know not. Are you saying maybe it is not Christian Chat buy maybe my browser or OS?

^i^

Aug 15, 2009
Dave,
I had that prob in the chat rooms getting kicked off. I reloaded the driver to my wireless modem on my laptop & that fixed it. Hope this helps

U

Ugly

Ugly is correct, i alway make sure the Remember Me is checked, that does not help the situation, i still get logged of repeatedly.
i don't fully understand what you are asking me, Ugly. The browser i am using is Firefox. But as to your question What browser and OS could possibly hep someone find an answer for me? i know not. Are you saying maybe it is not Christian Chat buy maybe my browser or OS?

^i^
I was just saying that giving information that could be relevant to the possible problem helps. Sometimes it can be browser based, and knowing which operating system your computer uses may even help. There are multiple versions of Windows, as well as other operating systems besides windows. It may not matter, but the more information the sooner you may get an answer if it is related somehow.

Chances are reloading your drivers won't help, as just losing your internet connection for a few seconds won't be enough to boot you out of CC's site. But it can't hurt if you know how. Are there long times of inactivity? Usually what kicks me off the site is not using it for a period of time. Perhaps if your emails are long, it may not recognize the typing as activity and assume you're not active. Just a guess.

Until you can find a fix for this, i would suggest before sending or posting anything copy it. That way if it doesn't send and doesn't keep it, you can just paste it and send it.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Um. Losing my internet connection for even a few seconds will log me out of cc IF I'm using Firefox. I don't think Chrome does that, if I'm remembering right.

OP: I'm thinking that it could be your router, just based on my experience... so try Stephen's suggestion if you can.

But if you do get kicked out, once you log back in to cc, there should be a "Restore autosaved content" button at the bottom of whatever text box you were typing in (whether it was a forum post or a cc mail). Sometimes you have to click that button twice before it brings your text back. Just fyi.

U

Ugly

I use FF and if i lose connection for a second it won't boot me off.

R

richie_2uk

I only had this problem only the one time. However I was updating my adobe flash player at the time when it happened. Though I'm not saying flash player was he problem, as it happened a few times after I had updated Flash player. Seems this site will have a few errors, but I'm sure RoboOp and who ever is working on the site is sorting problems out in due time.