Cop Caught Lying on Bodycam After Wrecking into Cemetery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 22, 2022

A likely drunk off-duty cop adamantly lies to police officers after wrecking his car and causing thousands of dollars in damages into a cemetery. The off-duty cop then flees the scene of the accident which is in itself crime and police see him walking nearby and question him. He initially claimed his cousin was driving while he was asleep... likely to avoid being charged with DUI. After giving the police officers information of his phantom "cousin", the police actually do their job and become irritated with him when no information shows up, proving the off-duty police officer is lying to them.

The off-duty police officer then asks if he could have a "one-on-one talk" with the supervisor at the scene. The officers acknowledge this is "code" for the Blue Line Gang to try and sweep this incident under the rug. The supervisor even says "That's not how this works anymore." which illustrates he knows very well why he wants to talk privately, one-on-one, without bodycam recording. The supervisor then puts his bodycam in covert mode which records but doesn't have a flashing red light to indicate it is recording. Once the off-duty cop thinks he is talking privately to a fellow Blue Ling Gang member, he spills the beans he "messed up" (used an expletive) and he was the only one in the car. Another police officer at the scene tells the supervisor at the scene that they don't need to charge him with anything because "they did their job and don't have anything."

For the first half of this encounter, the supervisor acted 100% professionally and impartial as to who committed multiple crimes. It's after the off-duty cop comes clean that he gives in to the Blue Line Gang cover-up by NOT charging him with DUI, obstruction, and fleeing the scene of an accident...

He didn't even ask to conduct a field sobriety test. He wasn't arrested for obstruction (lying to the police). He wasn't charged for running from the scene of an accident HE caused which resulted in thousands of dollars. They just take his insurance information and let him go home so he could get some sleep. Apparently being drunk, crashing into a cemetery causing thousands of dollars in damages, fleeing the scene of an accident he caused, creating a fake story about a phantom cousin driving all the while obstructing justice takes a lot out of him so the Blue Line Gang decide to give him a break.

Let me ask this... If this was you, a non-Blue Ling Gang member, do you think you would have been set free so you can sleep your hangover off?

Sep 22, 2022
Some car insurance policies cover damages even if you were engaged in illegal activity (DUI/DWI/etc), and some do not. I sincerely hope this off-duty police officer's policy does not cover the cost of damages. Then we can say at least the insurance company is holding this officer accountable.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Why does it seem that judges are so afraid to throw the book at a corrupt cop?
Remember when Sandra bland got pulled over for a minor traffic infraction and was arrested because she wouldn't put out a cigarette?
Don't let me be the judge cuz I'm going to tell that officer, if you come into my courtroom one more time with some stupid charges I'm holding you in contempt

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
The whole notion of cops is exhausting and I’ve had my fair share of time spent on it.
Basically it comes down to training and culture. On some countries cops are worse than U.S. and on others, cops are much better than U.S. and are true public service servants.

But everyone will have to answer to God someday for everything they’ve done.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I think it really just comes down to poor training.
Did you know it takes more hours of training to become a hairstylist and then it does to become a police officer?

Sep 22, 2022
Poor training and a culture of covering up for bad cops. I've personally known cops who had to leave a department for misconduct, but then they just go to a neighboring city and become a cop there.

To add fuel to the fire, the Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for cops to lie to the people. I don't understand how it's legal for them to lie, but illegal for us to lie to them. Another example of "Rules for thee, but not for me."

Sep 22, 2022
The whole notion of cops is exhausting and I’ve had my fair share of time spent on it.
Basically it comes down to training and culture. On some countries cops are worse than U.S. and on others, cops are much better than U.S. and are true public service servants.

But everyone will have to answer to God someday for everything they’ve done.
I agree. There will be a time when playing basketball with children won't erase the corruption a police officer may have engaged in. There will be an accounting.

Handyman62

Jan 10, 2021
Rural South Carolina
While I know there are a lot of good cops out there. I believe the majority see their work as just a job and don't always give the respect to the general public we deserve. My experience with them has been a mixed bag with most of the officers I have dealt with being just plain lazy and didn't want to help.

One thing I think people need to realize is when push come to shove and the government decides to crack down on Christians then all they have to do is threaten the thin blue line with the lose of their jobs and the majority of them will be in the Churches cracking heads and making arrest.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
While I know there are a lot of good cops out there. I believe the majority see their work as just a job and don't always give the respect to the general public we deserve. My experience with them has been a mixed bag with most of the officers I have dealt with being just plain lazy and didn't want to help.

One thing I think people need to realize is when push come to shove and the government decides to crack down on Christians then all they have to do is threaten the thin blue line with the lose of their jobs and the majority of them will be in the Churches cracking heads and making arrest.
I'll take things that aren't going to happen for $500 ,Alex

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

One example of just that in the UK earlier.

https://www.infowars.com/posts/report-uk-mother-arrested-for-offensive-online-posts/