Could Satan use...?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DiscipleWilliam

Greetings,

Firstly, I would start off by saying that I believe that Christian Chat is a blessing, and for people to network from all 4 corners of the world is a blessing also. However, some friends and I were thinking about random issues and I suddenly realized something that I would like to ask you all. Here it goes.

Can Christian Chat sites be used as an instrument by Satan to accomplish a specific purpose? Could something that was originally created for good be turned into something that's really good to use for evil? Here are some theories that influenced my thinking.

1) Christian chat sites develop members, who of which can become addicted to online activity and consequently be hindered from instrumental things like spreading the Gospel or engaging in dialog with UN-believers.

2) It can heighten anger and animosity towards others we don't necessarily agree with theologically due to heated disagreements.

3) It has the potential to leave you spiritually exhausted and open to temptations by exerting time and energy defending a doctrinal position that one might hold.

4) It can influence someone who is young in the faith with doctrines that are not healthy for a young Christian to encounter.

5) It can create an addiction to proving others wrong and 'winning' rhetorical battles.

6) It can take time away from Christians who could be spending time fellow-shipping with each other in the real world, and in 'real time' thus slowly transforming them into introverts due to lack of real contact with others.

7)It could simply be a bad testimony to others who would think that all Christians do if fight.

These are some theories that we came up with that would affirm Christian Chat sites to be potentially destructive in the long run. We are not condemning any chat sites in particular, but simply raising a pertinent question.

PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK!!!

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Yep, all that can happen! If you live your christian life according to your own will but if you let your activities online be directed and influenced by God and His will, non of those things happen. Wanna be led by God, its as simple as a morning prayer, "...Lord, may your will be done in everything I do and have your way in me..."
Just that can protect you a lot! Oh How Great Our God Is!!! Have a beautiful day!

Aug 2, 2009
I think christian websites should be much more tightly controlled to make the site more appealing to good, well-meaning christians and less appealing to those who just want to argue and challenge people, but thats just me.

E

EverlastingChange

I agree heartily with all your points, especially number 1; I've often thought that. Thanks for sharing!

R

Ramon

Jesus answers this several times in his parables.

Wherever the gospel is preached, people receive it differently. No matter whether here or somewhere in the real world, there were those who received and those who didn't.

Jesus came into this real world, and they killed him. So whether here or somewhere else, those who follow Jesus find themselves in this predicament.

One issue is that some people don't have a real relationship with Jesus. They don't pray to him but through these sites. I take time alone to spend with Jesus, and I know I should more often, but I remember Jesus when he came, he would be away from the people for a while, and then go back. He would not just go and hide in a cave.

Jonah tried the same thing, but he had to do what he was told. Not everyone here are Christians, I expected as much.

May Jesus bless you.