could use some advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

daisy03

Hello,

I'm excited to be able to talk with other Chrisitans and get some advice. My husband and I have been together for 11 years. Six of those years we have been married. We were high school sweethearts. We have a two year old daughter and I'm seven months pregnant with a boy. I'm not sure if it's my pregnancy hormones but within the last few months my husband has changed. Not just in one area but it seems in several. He treats me differently. Obviously my first reaction is that he is cheating on me. My biggest question I have is about a comment he made. He said that he doesn't miss people and that he feels like a loner. He said he likes to be alone. In January we went on a cruise and he said he didn't miss our daughter. He goes on work trips a lot and I asked him if he ever misses me while on those trips and he said no. Although, when he is gone he will say he misses me. I'm very confused. Should I question this? I know that a few years ago I could never imagine him saying something like this. I couldn't sleep last night because this just didn't sit right with me. How could you not miss your family? The people that you love. If anyone has any advice on what I should say to him or if I'm overreacting to please let me know. Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!

S

shekaniah

It sounds like he might be depressed?
Or needs to find a new line of work.

However we do become extra sensitive while pregnant...

Ask God for wisdom and insight...

And I'll pray for you and your family.
God Bless and take care, Shekaniah

D

daisy03

thanks so much

P

psychomom

Dear one, I've been married over 32 years, and I am just beginning to truly understand my husband...slow learner. :(

I agree with shekaniah...since they're mostly not inclined to go on and on about their feelings, we never know when they're having trouble at work, or in other relationships (including their walk with the Lord). And I know I was extra sensitive when pregnant/nursing.

I'm always amazed at myself, that I spend so much time pondering what my husband's actions mean instead of a-s-k-i-n-g him. LOL
Mayabe you could try that? Simply, as you did with us, and gently, in a spirit of concern for him, ask him what these things mean?
I really admire the fact you're open to possibly overreacting. (I couldn't get there at your age!!)

If he's taking work trips, I think there are times when men are so consumed with the task at hand, and worried about doing well so they can provide for us, that they actually don't think about us at those points. Their dedication to the job is admirable, too. :)
My sister put it well when she said, "I know he has our best interests at heart...I just don't know if he has them in mind!" lol

I'll be praying for you, beloved of the Father! I hope your talk (should you decide to have one) goes well, and I'll ask the Lord to allay those fears!!
♥ ~ellie