Couple of questions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Let me ask you a question. How did God know Pharoah would do what he did, allowing God to show his power, if God did not know all things. I mean what if pharoah just told moses fine take your people. God would not have been able to show his power now would he?

How did God know Abraham would do what he did when God made his covenant with abraham before he even did it.

How does God know what will bring different people to him and use those resources to bring them to Christ, if God does not know how people will react in certain situations etc etc.

C

CBM82

Let me ask you a question. How did God know Pharoah would do what he did, allowing God to show his power, if God did not know all things. I mean what if pharoah just told moses fine take your people. God would not have been able to show his power now would he?

How did God know Abraham would do what he did when God made his covenant with abraham before he even did it.

How does God know what will bring different people to him and use those resources to bring them to Christ, if God does not know how people will react in certain situations etc etc.
Good question....the bible says God hardened pharaohs heart. I believe God can put a cold touch or a warm touch on peoples hearts to bring about certain results.

Some believe (not saying I believe it) that we existed prior to the flesh and God could predict how someone is now, based off of how they were before the flesh. God did say once in the bible "I knew you before you were in your mothers womb"

I would still like peoples opinions on healing as well

Last edited:
E

eternally-gratefull

Good question....the bible says God hardened pharaohs heart. I believe God can put a cold touch or a warm touch on peoples hearts to bring about certain results.

Some believe (not saying I believe it) that we existed prior to the flesh and God could predict how someone is now, based off of how they were before the flesh. God did say once in the bible "I knew you before you were in your mothers womb"

I would still like peoples opinions on healing as well
How does God harden hearts? he explains it in his word. give them truth that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not hear.

The more you reject truth, the easier it is to reject, even though more truth comes.

It was easy for pharaoh to reject the cane to snake. Yet God kept increasing the severity of th plagues. But it was easier for pharaoh to reject because he kept seeing truth and rejecting it.

if God started off with the harder plagues it owuld not have been so easy.

This happens to us all the time. The first time we hear truth, it might be sard, but the more we reject it, the easier it is.

The first time we tell a lie, it might be hard. the more we tell it, the more we actually believe the thing which was the lie was true. this is what it meant by "hardening ones heart" you become hardened to truth.

the point is. If God knew that would he not also know all things?

C

CBM82

But I'm wondering....what does it mean to know all things? I think it might mean he knows the secrets of your heart or secrets of the universe and things of that nature. I dont know if it necessarily means he knows all of the future including every little thing you will do or say.

E

eternally-gratefull

But I'm wondering....what does it mean to know all things? I think it might mean he knows the secrets of your heart or secrets of the universe and things of that nature. I dont know if it necessarily means he knows all of the future including every little thing you will do or say.
That is what separates the God of heaven from false Gods. God could not prophesy events if he did not know all things. It is what makes him god. knowing all things future.

C

CBM82

Out of all of the questions I have regarding God and the bible this is the one that hurts my head the most lol. I'm the kind of person who likes to have a definite answer that makes sense to me and this is just one of those things thats beyond my mind. I kinda regret asking the question because its a question that has an answer that our human minds cant fully grasp, so all I'm gonna do is aggravate myself lol.

C

Carmy

As for your healing question, I will answer that with a testimony. A few years ago I went on my husband's side of the bed to make it and his side is a huge mess. He had shoes and clothes on top of them and who knows what else but he gets upset if i clean it so I leave it. This one day, I went over there to make the bed, lost my balance and stepped on one of his piles and twisted my knee very badly. It instantly swelled. The next day, I was carrying a load of laundry downstairs and half way down the stairs I re-twisted that knee ever worse. The pain was so severe that it hurt to stand, sit, or lay down. I didnt have health insurace so I kept praying God would heal it. Almost a month later, I still had extreme pain and swelling. I was in bible school and we had chapel each morning before classes. This day, I was just tired of the pain so when the guest speakers had an alter call, I didn't go forward for prayer but I stood at the alter on the side and I prayed myself. I told God that I believe He is my healer and I wasn't going to leave the altar until I was healed because I couldnt take the pain any longer. A gentleman came and prayed for my knee and nothing happened. He left and I stayed there standing at the alter and talking to God. Later, he brought his wife and they prayed for me together and nothing happened but I believed so I stayed right there only I moved to the other side of the church so I could sit but was still up front. Then, that guy came back again with his wife and another woman from their church and they prayed for me again. I kept telling them that I wasn't leaving until I was healed and I didn't. I was determined to press and wait on God. This time, the pain instantly left my knee when they prayed for me but the swelling remained. I was able to sit, pain free, for the first time in weeks. I stayed at the alter again for a while praying but I did go to classes when they started. My final prayer to God was that I know He is a God that finishes the work He starts and I knew by faith that the swelling would go down. The swelling went up into my thigh so was quite bad. I went to bed with no pain but still swollen and I woke totally healed. So, when people ask me if I believe in healing, I have no doubt that God does heal. However, I don't think we have to have "great" faith. I kept reminding God that I have the faith of a mustard seed and that's all it takes. I don't know why God heals some and not others but I do believe that if we press in (even fast and pray if needed also), that we increase the chances of getting the answer we are seeking.

As for whether God knows everything alreaady, I hear that question a lot. I, for one, am still undecided but I feel that whether I have an answer to the question or not is not relevant in my life. I say this only because whether God knows what I will choose in advance or not, I'm just thankful that God still created me, knowing that I would make some bad choices. I'm also thankful that God does give me a choice and isn't dictating my life for me. That drives me even harder to try and seek God's ways and to try and make the right decisions the next time. I don't want to disobey God or make choices that do not please Him, but I know that God loves me unconditionally. If I mess up, Im still loved by the beloved. I feel that having this knowledge is enough for me.

Please know that I am not at all discrediting your question or how you feel about getting an answer to your question. I'm just sharing how I resolved that question for myself.

C

Carmy

Out of all of the questions I have regarding God and the bible this is the one that hurts my head the most lol. I'm the kind of person who likes to have a definite answer that makes sense to me and this is just one of those things thats beyond my mind. I kinda regret asking the question because its a question that has an answer that our human minds cant fully grasp, so all I'm gonna do is aggravate myself lol.
I think the comment you made about our human minds not being able to fully grasp it is a good way of looking at it. Don't regret asking the question because it gives you the opportunity to read other people's views. Sometimes, I think it's ok if we don't have complete answers to some of our questions. In time, God may reveal the answer to you as you mature more in Him. Sometimes, we may have to wait until we can ask Jesus ourselves before I know some answers. Either way, you are loved and accepted by God. When you make good choices or the wrong choices, God still loves you. He does require us to repent of our sins when we make them but that's because God can't look at us when we have that sin on our backs...just as God couldn't look at Jesus when He was carrying our sins on the cross.

C

CBM82

As for your healing question, I will answer that with a testimony. A few years ago I went on my husband's side of the bed to make it and his side is a huge mess. He had shoes and clothes on top of them and who knows what else but he gets upset if i clean it so I leave it. This one day, I went over there to make the bed, lost my balance and stepped on one of his piles and twisted my knee very badly. It instantly swelled. The next day, I was carrying a load of laundry downstairs and half way down the stairs I re-twisted that knee ever worse. The pain was so severe that it hurt to stand, sit, or lay down. I didnt have health insurace so I kept praying God would heal it. Almost a month later, I still had extreme pain and swelling. I was in bible school and we had chapel each morning before classes. This day, I was just tired of the pain so when the guest speakers had an alter call, I didn't go forward for prayer but I stood at the alter on the side and I prayed myself. I told God that I believe He is my healer and I wasn't going to leave the altar until I was healed because I couldnt take the pain any longer. A gentleman came and prayed for my knee and nothing happened. He left and I stayed there standing at the alter and talking to God. Later, he brought his wife and they prayed for me together and nothing happened but I believed so I stayed right there only I moved to the other side of the church so I could sit but was still up front. Then, that guy came back again with his wife and another woman from their church and they prayed for me again. I kept telling them that I wasn't leaving until I was healed and I didn't. I was determined to press and wait on God. This time, the pain instantly left my knee when they prayed for me but the swelling remained. I was able to sit, pain free, for the first time in weeks. I stayed at the alter again for a while praying but I did go to classes when they started. My final prayer to God was that I know He is a God that finishes the work He starts and I knew by faith that the swelling would go down. The swelling went up into my thigh so was quite bad. I went to bed with no pain but still swollen and I woke totally healed. So, when people ask me if I believe in healing, I have no doubt that God does heal. However, I don't think we have to have "great" faith. I kept reminding God that I have the faith of a mustard seed and that's all it takes. I don't know why God heals some and not others but I do believe that if we press in (even fast and pray if needed also), that we increase the chances of getting the answer we are seeking.

As for whether God knows everything alreaady, I hear that question a lot. I, for one, am still undecided but I feel that whether I have an answer to the question or not is not relevant in my life. I say this only because whether God knows what I will choose in advance or not, I'm just thankful that God still created me, knowing that I would make some bad choices. I'm also thankful that God does give me a choice and isn't dictating my life for me. That drives me even harder to try and seek God's ways and to try and make the right decisions the next time. I don't want to disobey God or make choices that do not please Him, but I know that God loves me unconditionally. If I mess up, Im still loved by the beloved. I feel that having this knowledge is enough for me.

Please know that I am not at all discrediting your question or how you feel about getting an answer to your question. I'm just sharing how I resolved that question for myself.
Nice post :)

I dont disagree with anything you said. I know God does heal some people and glad you were healed

E

eternally-gratefull

lol so true. I just put in my head there are many questions I have that will not be answered till I meet the Lord face to face and ask him myself..lol

Apr 13, 2011
ok, maybe I should stop saying that but what I really mean is....I'm not buying it "yet"
I agree with your premise that God does NOT know everything about the future. I believe He was genuinely disappointed when Adam chose to disobey, and that He is genuinely happy when a person chooses to believe. I believe we have true free will. If we do, then He cannot know the decisions we will make before we make them. God knows everything that is available to know. He knows everything about the past, and He knows everything that is currently happening everywhere. Because He knows us so well, He can predict what we will do, but that does not mean He absolutely knows the outcome of every decision we will ever make. We are in a relationship with God. He responds to prayer. Our prayers really affect God, and the way He deals with us.

F

Forest

Do you believe healing's are guaranteed if you have enough faith?

Do you believe God knows everything you will do and every decision you will make before you make it?

I personally feel the answer is no to both questions. If God always knows the decisions we will make before we make them why does he give us so many ultimatums? We might as well just fast forward to judgement day.

And if healing's are guaranteed if your faith is strong enough, then you could be immortal in the flesh if you had perfect faith.
First question = No. Second question = Yes, Ps 44:31 He knoweth the secrets of the heart. Ps 94:11, Luke 16:15, 1 Cor 3:20,

F

Forest

I agree with your premise that God does NOT know everything about the future. I believe He was genuinely disappointed when Adam chose to disobey, and that He is genuinely happy when a person chooses to believe. I believe we have true free will. If we do, then He cannot know the decisions we will make before we make them. God knows everything that is available to know. He knows everything about the past, and He knows everything that is currently happening everywhere. Because He knows us so well, He can predict what we will do, but that does not mean He absolutely knows the outcome of every decision we will ever make. We are in a relationship with God. He responds to prayer. Our prayers really affect God, and the way He deals with us.
Luke 15:16, Acts 15:8, 1 Cor 3:20, 2 Tim 2:19, Ps 44:31, Ps 94:11,

C

Crossfire

CBM82, if you're really interested in whether or not healing is indeed guaranteed, I can suggest some materials to you that you most likely will be able to find on Amazon really cheap which will allow you to make an informed decision for yourself.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
...If God always knows the decisions we will make before we make them why does he give us so many ultimatums? We might as well just fast forward to judgement day....
A question for you is how you would view the biblical concept of salvation, if you do not believe in God's omnipotence and omniscience. As you see it, how is somebody saved (from the just wrath of God)?

C

CBM82

After giving it some thought before going to bed yesterday and thinking about it some when I woke up this morning....I have come to the conclusion that God is omniscient but at the same time we still have true free will. I dont understand how it works, it doesnt make sense to me.....its like fire and ice existing in the same place at the same time, but I thank the Lord that I'm not required to understand it....I'm only required to believe it.

As far as healing....

People say Jesus said ask and you shall receive

Others say you will only receive if its in Gods will because Jesus said your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

But people say is it Gods will for people to be sick ?.... There are no sick people in heaven

But no one dies in heaven either...

But the bible says by hes stripes we were healed? But could that only mean spiritually? Jesus also said whosoever believes on me shall not PERISH, but we all die whether you are christian or not....so he meant spiritually.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
If it's God's will, then yes, but we must be willing to accept his decision either way. As Christians we all go through trials and tribulations, but these trials help to strengthen us ("purging") and hopefully bring us closer to God, as we trust in him and pray for help. Just like a father disciplines his children.

I used to feel guilty for asking God for too much, until I learnt that he wants you to make your requests known to him. He wants you to depend on him. Philippians 4:6: " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" (If you find anymore scriptures on this subject, let me know)

Yes, God knows everything, but he created us with free will (just like the angels, since Lucifer did fall). If you think about it, Love is only true if it's given freely. God wants us to love him by choice. Once we are born again we walk in the Spirit, giving our lives to Him.

Just my thoughts..

Apr 13, 2011
Luke 15:16, Acts 15:8, 1 Cor 3:20, 2 Tim 2:19, Ps 44:31, Ps 94:11,
One of those verses does not exist, one has nothing to do with the topic, and the rest do not say God has foreknowledge about every decision a man will make.

Luke 15:16) And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

Acts 15:8) And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

1 Cor 3:20) And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

2 Tim 2:19) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Ps 44:31 does not exist

Ps 94:11) The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

Dec 19, 2009

Do you believe God knows everything you will do and every decision you will make before you make it?

I personally feel the answer is no to both questions. If God always knows the decisions we will make before we make them why does he give us so many ultimatums? We might as well just fast forward to judgement day.

And if healing's are guaranteed if your faith is strong enough, then you could be immortal in the flesh if you had perfect faith.
Healing is guaranteed but doesn’t necessarily come in the form we expect. If I lose an arm, I won’t get the arm back, in this life, but the Lord can find a way to make me happy.

I don’t know if the Lord knows what I will do and what decisions I will make ahead of time. I doubt if he does, but maybe I’m wrong.

Last edited:
J

Jullianna

Healings are not about us. They are about what glorifies God.
John 9

1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

I have seen miraculous healings. I'm sure other believers in these forums have as well. However, physical healing is not always in our best interest. My father became a believer a few months before he died of lung cancer and this is what he told me: "I know that a lot of people at church are praying for my healing, but I know that if God did heal me, I would go back to being the same jerk I was before."

We need to remember that we serve God. He is not a genie in a bottle. He is Almighty, Holy God. THIS is where our faith comes in:

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Yes, I do. We don't have ultimatums, we have choices. Choices have consequences, for the better or for worse. Even unbelievers understand this.

We were created by a loving, righteous God to be His children. Mankind chose to rebel against that love. But love made a way to save us from ourselves and be reconciled to Him.

When a man chooses a bride, does he want a bride who loves him because she HAS to or because she loves him in return?