Covid. and Achan.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
mm ok but they stole things that didnt belong to them that were unholy, so going back to covid what do you think the US stole that they now need to remove?

for achan it was just a robe, or in my bible a 'babylonish garment'
I dont really know what this looks like. He also took silver and gold.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
COVID is a bio-weapon from China.
I suspected this from the start and is it any coincidence that it Covid was unleashed on the world during the election year in the US and during a great push for the “Great Reset” (or global reset)? Will this pandemic be used as an opportunity to completely overhaul the entire global economy? Biden and Harris are globalists and Trump is a nationalist who stands in the way of their agenda.

The left in America along with the liberal news media have done everything in their power to discredit Trump and make sure that he does not win the election at all costs, even if it means stealing the election? :unsure:

The pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

S

Scribe

mm ok but they stole things that didnt belong to them that were unholy, so going back to covid what do you think the US stole that they now need to remove?

They were things devoted to destruction. So the application would be to embrace what God has condemned? A general application to the principle I mean. A little leaven leavens the whole lump maybe?

I have heard sermons about it using this story to call congregates to clean up their personal lives or it will affect the whole church.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

I isn't the stealing! The nation is allowing Satan worship, adultery, idolatry, child sacrifice, homosexuality, necromancy and astrology to flourish as well as giving them legal protection. As a nation we have become pan theistic. Don't you get it? The US has allowed ourselves to become enemies of God! Stop pretending that you don't know what I am taking about. We claimed to be, and recited that we are "One nation under God" every morning when I was young in pubic school. It has become a lie! Our nation has sinned greatly. Does "Be not deceived, God is not mocked" ring a bell?

Feb 28, 2016
Brother Calibob,
hub and I see that you have defined the state of our nation very well by scripture -
(disobey God = REAP the CONSEQUENCES, whether on a personal basis or an national level...
as it is written:
'To whom much is given, much is required'.

anybody here thinking of the state of the 'roman-empire???
nations rise and nations fall.......................................................

S

Scribe

I admit that I made an error. Stealing however was only one of the offences that was comitted. I doubled checked, Here it is; Joshua 7:11 "Israel has sinned; they (plural) have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. 7, They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions. 12 That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies; they turn their backs and run because they have been made liable to destruction. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction.

13 “Go, consecrate the people. Tell them, ‘Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: There are devoted things among you, Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove them. NIV

It wasn't just stealing. Unholy and forbidden things were hidden in the camp. Not just Achan was punished. The Israelite troops were defeated because of his sin. The entire camp had to get consecrated.

Webster's 1828 Dictionary

CONSECRATED, participle passive Made sacred by ceremonies or solemn rites; separated from a common to a sacred use; devoted or dedicated to the service and worship of God; made venerable.
They have taken some of the devoted things; These things were DEVOTED to destruction. This word is used in context of those people and things that were marked (devoted) for destruction. They were to be appointed for destruction. It was a very big deal to leave anything devoted to destruction alive. This continued to be a problem. Saul had not learned from these ancient examples and repeated the offence when he did not destroy everything as commanded by God through the prophet Samuel. "why is this bleating of the sheep in my ears" and then saving King Agag.
When God has decided that something is DEVOTED to destruction there must be a complete annhilation and no quarter given.

When the devil tells you that it is ok to tolerate a "little sin" in your life, or "it is not a sin" or "you surely shall not die" or "leave us, we are just weaknesses of the flesh, no one is perfect, it won't keep your out of heaven." Take up your spiritual sword of faith and hack it to death like Samuel did Agag. It is devoted to destruction, give it no quarter.

I think I just got my next sermon. :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
They have taken some of the devoted things; These things were DEVOTED to destruction. This word is used in context of those people and things that were marked (devoted) for destruction. They were to be appointed for destruction. It was a very big deal to leave anything devoted to destruction alive. This continued to be a problem. Saul had not learned from these ancient examples and repeated the offence when he did not destroy everything as commanded by God through the prophet Samuel. "why is this bleating of the sheep in my ears" and then saving King Agag.
When God has decided that something is DEVOTED to destruction there must be a complete annhilation and no quarter given.

When the devil tells you that it is ok to tolerate a "little sin" in your life, or "it is not a sin" or "you surely shall not die" or "leave us, we are just weaknesses of the flesh, no one is perfect, it won't keep your out of heaven." Take up your spiritual sword of faith and hack it to death like Samuel did Agag. It is devoted to destruction, give it no quarter.

I think I just got my next sermon. :)
Congratulations and thank you for sharing. I agree with your post now 100 0/0 (I have no percent key.)

Feb 28, 2016
REV. 21:8.
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the 'second death'.
as it is written:
1COR. 6:9.
Know you not that the unrighteous shall not inherit The Kingdom of God? Be not deceived:
neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit The Kingdom of God.
But he that is joined unto The Lord is One Spirit.
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that commits fornication
sins against his own body.
What? know you not that your body is the Temple of The Holy Ghost which is in you,
which you have of God, and 'you are not your own'?
For you are bought with a Price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I isn't the stealing! The nation is allowing Satan worship, adultery, idolatry, child sacrifice, homosexuality, necromancy and astrology to flourish as well as giving them legal protection. As a nation we have become pan theistic. Don't you get it? The US has allowed ourselves to become enemies of God! Stop pretending that you don't know what I am taking about. We claimed to be, and recited that we are "One nation under God" every morning when I was young in pubic school. It has become a lie! Our nation has sinned greatly. Does "Be not deceived, God is not mocked" ring a bell?
er..just trying to see the analogy of acahn stealing the babylonish garment with what the US stole, so I assume is money they've taken from somewhere...ill gotten gains.

its common knowledge that the US has been a hotbed of babylonish ideas but where it came from exactly, as it never really was pure and saintly to begin with...it just had a veneer of it.

the ohter thing with nation under God thing is its probably not the God of the Bible. If they saids Jesus Christ is Lord and saviour and pledged that instead, we might believe you.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
satan is the god of this world. Of course it wont be obvious and children arent gonna pledge 'one nation under Satan' but they can easily say God and mean Mammon.

K

KT88

I thought you'd misspelled 4chan, moving along.