Creation Week

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
What job to take. What to name your children. Whether or not to go to an area. Who to approach or to avoid. Who should be sent or who should be retained.

Ironic that the box churches push a “personal relationship with Jesus” but Sola Scriptura forbids Him to give personal direction to anyone when the Bible is filled with personal direction given to people by the Holy Spirit.

Love actually requires personal direction by the Spirit. Jesus said “Love one another as I have loved you.” This was before the cross. His love was characterized by doing “what He saw His Father doing”. This is the first expression of “giving His life up for our sake.” So, if we are to love like Him, we also must know what the Father is doing in the moment so we may call Zachius from the tree, go to where we are sent, walk into or away from the crowds, lay hands upon whom the Father shows us, etc., etc.

Sola Scriptura is why, in these last days, the love of most grows cold. Believers don’t know how to hear from their Father.
Non sequitur fallacy. Weird how you came this this conclusion. All of those things you list are personal choices, not doctrinal statements like how this thread started out.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Non sequitur fallacy. Weird how you came this this conclusion. All of those things you list are personal choices, not doctrinal statements like how this thread started out.
Choices? That’s the doctrine of Sunday boxes who reject hearing from God. Certainly we are free to choose many things with no consequence, like ice cream flavors. The direction of one’s life in the Lord is ordered by the Holy Spirit.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
I have some problems following your post but my studies are based on time from Adam ( for accuracy ), and are based on 6000 years. Many jewish traditions are based on removing Christ. They even changed a few scriptures so you wouldn't know the Jesus was born and died on Passover. My studies showed me this but I get stoned for bringing this up
Whatever God reveals is our responsibility to share knowing the enemy waits to trap us.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
When I started to ponder about time--especially Gen 5 which starts out with Adam and bore Seth at 130 years of age ( generational line) and died 930 years old. One thing missing with all the general line of patriarchs. No months or days given when they were born or died. Many years later I found out it was because every one of them were born and died on the same day-on Passover with Christ being the 77th generation.
This is really interesting. All born and died on Passover. That I must look into for myself (y)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Many years later I found out it was because every one of them were born and died on the same day-on Passover with Christ being the 77th generation.
From where did you glean this? There is absolutely nothing in Scripture to support that idea. It is a plausible (or implausible) theory without any proof.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
From where did you glean this? There is absolutely nothing in Scripture to support that idea. It is a plausible (or implausible) theory without any proof.
Standing alone I would agree but there is much more. Actually starts with Adam, made on the first passover IMO the animals used to make clothing represents the beginning of Passover as first sacrifice for sins and the grape as the fruit.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Let me share with you which will allow you to say I'm stark raving mad. Before the rapture/resurrection on that 1335th Blessed Day or Day of the Lord, the 1290th day ( 45 days before ) the abomination of desolation that is placed will be during Passover week.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Standing alone I would agree but there is much more. Actually starts with Adam, made on the first passover IMO the animals used to make clothing represents the beginning of Passover as first sacrifice for sins and the grape as the fruit.
A Jewish summation from the Talmud:

The Talmudic distinctions among the New Years are discussed in the tractate on Rosh Hashanah. Rosh Hashanah is the new year for calculating ordinary calendar years, Sabbatical years, Jubilee years, and dates inscribed on legal deeds and contracts. Rosh Hashanah commemorates the creation of Man.

Teshuvah and Creation
Elul 25 and the Date of Creation

Traditional Judaism regards Rosh Hashanah as the date of the Creation of the universe by God (Talmud: Rosh Hashanah 27a), but the Midrash and Mishnah (Sanhedrin 38b) states that Adam and Eve were created 6 days later on Rosh Hashana (Tishri 1)