Cult

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 10, 2008
I have been talking to someone here on CC for a few weeks now. I had noticed some odd things about the church she had been attending and just recently learned who the pastor was. Searching online I discovered many cult references associated with his name.

The things that had been described so far did seem very cultish. I am concerned for her. Please lift her up to God in prayer, that He not allow her to be deceived.

S

Sarah_D

Having lost a good friend to a cult, my heart goes out to you and your friend..
Prayers going to the Throne of Grace for your friend.. for a hedge of protection around her, for her to seek the Kingdom of the Lord and His righteousness and not to follow any of the man-made teachings.. In Jesus name
Every Blessing xxx

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Thank you father for bringing her back to you and your truth, inJesus name amen

P

psychomom

Father, how I thank You for the OP, and the sensitivity with which the request was brought!
Please, guard this young woman as she looks for You. I ask that you protect her from deception, and bring her to the Truth, Jesus!
In whose Name I ask, amen.

W

wwjd_kilden

Praying .

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will be praying. God bless

S

Sarah_D

Oh-no, please forgive me insensitivity on my part.. was tired when i posted an had second thoughts, told myself just pray about it as i struggled what to type! Shoulda listened ey..
I do believe our Father is calling His people out of the cults though.. He allows u turns.. full of compassion towards us and merciful, Jesus, the Good Shepherd
God Bless your friend x

S

shekaniah

Having lost a good friend to a cult, my heart goes out to you and your friend..
Prayers going to the Throne of Grace for your friend.. for a hedge of protection around her, for her to seek the Kingdom of the Lord and His righteousness and not to follow any of the man-made teachings.. In Jesus name
Every Blessing xxx
what you said here is not a bad thing.
You have such a sweet spirit. :)

I will be praying for the OP friend...
In Jesus Name, Amen

P

psychomom

I agree with shekaniah, Sarah! I didn't see a thing about which you ought to apologize, and if you only knew how critical I am...:(
God does good work, though, and you are part of that! ♥

I just appreciate that the OP didn't reveal a name, since she's been part of this site. You both have sweet hearts. :)

I continue to pray for both these situations, now.
~el

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying with you in agreement in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless
pickles