Curious about your thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theanointedsinner

Here are some of my favorite quotes I have collected, just like surrender, I lay it all down here

1John2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.
By: @TruthTalk

Jesus is either Lord of our Life or He is not.
By: @slave

We are here to build each other up.
Focus on that.
By @BillG

God's word is the seed and your heart is the soil @TruthTalk

guess what those who present themselves as TEACHABLE are? A disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ @VCO

Let's put it this way, the Holy Spirit enters your Heart, before you can finish the Thought, "I want Jesus as my LORD and Master". ~VCO

Believing is a work of the HOLY SPIRIT ~VCO

ANY TIME YOU THINK YOU FOUND A CONTRADICTION, YOU PERSONALLY HAVE MADE AN ERROR IN INTERPRETATION OF ONE OR BOTH VERSES. YOU HAVE TO SEARCH FOR AN ALTERNATIVE INTERPRETATION THAT FITS BOTH VERSES. @VCO

The more you read The Bible the more you will learn about God. @SweetStars

Paraphrasing what @UnderGrace said "be Christ conscious rather than sin conscious, focus on your identity in Christ rather than sin"

https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/not-by-works.146296/page-3701#post-3733279

keep asking God for help until you get an answer @Deade

VCO's advice to overcome sin
https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/not-by-works.146296/page-3701#post-3733438

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Jesus is either Lord of our Life or He is not.
By: @slave
I like "Jesus is Lord of all, or He isn't Lord at all."

Now, I do not hold to what is called "Lordship salvation" which basically says that you must acknowledge Him as Lord of your life and obey Him in all things before you can call upon Him as Saviour. That says that if I drink, I must give up my drink before I can be saved, or if I <fill in the blank>, I must stop <fill in the blank> before I can be saved.

I believe you come to Jesus just as your are, filthy rags and all, and God will change your want to's to the things that please Him. It is at this point that you make Him your Lord as you find your old nature losing it's grasp on your flesh and you grow stronger in the Lord. It really is a day-by-day struggle at first.

People that believe you can lose your salvation can't get past this point and many of them fall by the wayside figuring that this life of holiness is not for them--they can't keep it up anyway.

Truth is, if it were up to me to keep myself saved -- I wouldn't make it five minutes even after being saved now for 44 years.

T

theanointedsinner

I like "Jesus is Lord of all, or He isn't Lord at all."

Now, I do not hold to what is called "Lordship salvation" which basically says that you must acknowledge Him as Lord of your life and obey Him in all things before you can call upon Him as Saviour. That says that if I drink, I must give up my drink before I can be saved, or if I <fill in the blank>, I must stop <fill in the blank> before I can be saved.

I believe you come to Jesus just as your are, filthy rags and all, and God will change your want to's to the things that please Him. It is at this point that you make Him your Lord as you find your old nature losing it's grasp on your flesh and you grow stronger in the Lord. It really is a day-by-day struggle at first.

People that believe you can lose your salvation can't get past this point and many of them fall by the wayside figuring that this life of holiness is not for them--they can't keep it up anyway.

Truth is, if it were up to me to keep myself saved -- I wouldn't make it five minutes even after being saved now for 44 years.
I got that from someone who I think is so far ahead in the walk, that he probably forgot the difference between an infant in Christ and living out a surrendered life, hmm ... :unsure:

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
I got that from someone who I think is so far ahead in the walk, that he probably forgot the difference between an infant in Christ and living out a surrendered life, hmm ... :unsure:
Because we are still living in the flesh, we never really get that far ahead of the infant in Christ. And when we start thinking we have arrived--that's about the time that the Lord pulls back just a little and lets us fall on our face just to remind us that without Him, we ain't nothing! The danger a lot of times with thinking we are humble is that is pride talking.

The best teacher is experience . . . scrapes, bruises and all!

T

theanointedsinner

I also believe that if Trump considers himself a Christian, Trump should consider "loving his neighbors" and stop picking on the Chinese that much, (just a thought)

Sep 9, 2018
Illinois
Just go about your business with the understanding that we can only succeed with God helping us. As soon as we find ourselves doing things without Him in mind, we are nearing a walk in the flesh. You know when can even pray for the simplest things, such as, Lord help me find my keys! Galatians 2:20 is a life application verse, not just something we come across in our daily devotions.

A preacher recommended to me the benefits of reading a chapter of proverbs a day, and perhaps five chapters of psalms and read them through every month . . . and try to read the Bible through every year.

Aug 2, 2009
Yeah, that’s a good point. I’ve tried showing him in every way that I don’t like it - besides flat out telling him. There have been phases where I just gave up and didn’t care if he did because I didn’t know what else to do. But no matter what, I’ve always come back to a place of it really bothering me. I hate that my peace is stolen every time he invades my space.... and I’ve really not wanted to have to tell him or a manager... so sometimes I’ve just fallen back to not caring so much.
You need to take action if you want him to stop. Just politely but firmly say to him, "Please don't touch my arm." If he does it again, place your thumb on the space between his thumb and forefinger and press on the side of the bone real hard (see the picture). That's a pressure point and it will make him let go. And he probably won't do it again. Pain is a great motivator.

Watch this. It explains even more hand pressure points:

T

theanointedsinner

self defense seems to suggest well choreographed strategies like

if the attacker is at the front, kick toward the crotch
the attacker can block with both hand, with bent down position

upper-cut right at the attacker's nose
the attacker will most likely "lean back"

punch the center of the rib with the other arm,
then when the attacker lean back further, kick like you are stomping forward, the attacker will most likely lay on the floor, and you can run in the opposite direction

are we trying to be a fight-choreographer? :unsure:

C

CandieM

Pain is a great motivator.
Pain makes me feel enraged and violent. Then again, I don't go around putting my hands on people, but still. Just thought I'd put that out there. For some people, the quickest way to make them flip out is pain. ... Totally safe? Maybe. Some say it is. Not sure if there are any people out there who would snap and tear someone's face off if they inflicted pain on them or not.

Aug 2, 2009
Pain makes me feel enraged and violent. Then again, I don't go around putting my hands on people, but still. Just thought I'd put that out there. For some people, the quickest way to make them flip out is pain. ... Totally safe? Maybe. Some say it is. Not sure if there are any people out there who would snap and tear someone's face off if they inflicted pain on them or not.
Yes, but I was only suggesting that she press on a small part of his hand if he won't stop grabbing her arm after she tells him not to do it.

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
What works for me is jokingly say "Okay you see this space this is call my bubble, you do not enter my bubble, it is off limits, a prohibit zone, now back up slowly you don't wanna trigger a bomb, now keep going back and no bomb or landmine will be trigger, good you are in a safe zone now :D" They normally burst laughing when i say that and immediately stop invading my space.

If they still keep invading your space be more direct and explain your discomfort in a respectful way, if they still keep going at it, them you have permission to go Godzilla mode :3
Nooooooo not Godzillaaaaa. Seriously don't do that you'll hurt the poor guys feelings geez. Unless he just blatantly starts acting creepy and doesn't care....AT THAT POINT ACT LIKE HE'S A PERVERT AND PUNCH HIM INTO NEXT WEEK! I'm a pretty chill person but when guys pressure females or " corner them" I want to break their arms like chill bro :confused:. I just remembered i got yandere on that dere test but I'm totally not crazy cx. Most people probably won't understand that anyways.