DAILY DEVOTIONAL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

soccerboo

Helloop
this is a book im reading by CHARLES SPURGEON, called daily devotional, i know not everyone can get their hands on this great book, so ill write it here,

Because its a daily devotional it has a date and morning and evening

so because it isnt the 1st day of the year ill start as today, EVENING,
it quotes a bible verse then explains, i thought this would be great but its trial n error:p

oh yeah its in like old english soooo hehe try ur best to understand:p

JANUARY 18
EVENING

"He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself" LUKE: 24:27

the two diciples on the road to Emmuas had a most profitable journey. their companion and teacher was the best of tutors; the interpreter one of a thosand, in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. The Lord Jesus Christ condenscended to become a preacher of the gospel, and he was not ashamed to exercise his calling before an audience of two persons, neither does He now refuse to become the teacher of even just one.let us court the company of so excellent an instructor, for till he made unto us wisdom we may never be wise unto salvation.

this unrivalled tutor used as His class-book the best of books. although able to reveal fresh truth, he prefferd to expound the old, he knew by his omniscience what was the most instructive ways of teaching, and by turning at once to Moses and the prophets, he showed us the surest road to wisdom is not speculation, reasoning, or reading human books, but medidtation upon Gods word, the readiest way to be spirutually rich in heavanly knowledge is to dig in the mine of diamonds, to gather pearls from this heavanly sea. When Jesus himself sought to enrich others, he wrought in the quarry of Holy scipture.
The favoured pair were lead to consider the best of subjects, for Jesus spake of Jesus, and expounded things concerning himself. here the diamond cut the diamond, and what could be more admirable? the master of the house unlocked his own doors, conducted the guests to his table, and placed his dainties upon it. he who hid the treasure in the field Himself guided the searchers to it. Our Lord would natuarlly discourse apon the sweetest of topics, and He could find none sweeter than his own person and work: wwith an eye we should always search the Word, O for grace study the bible with Jesus as both our teacher and our lesson!

God bless, feedback??!!:p

Oct 20, 2016
Helloop
this is a book im reading by CHARLES SPURGEON, called daily devotional, i know not everyone can get their hands on this great book, so ill write it here,

it quotes a bible verse then explains, i thought this would be great but its trial n error:p

JANUARY 18
EVENING

"He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself" LUKE: 24:27

the two diciples on the road to Emmuas had a most profitable journey. their companion and teacher was the best of tutors; the interpreter one of a thosand, in whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. The Lord Jesus Christ condenscended to become a preacher of the gospel, and he was not ashamed to exercise his calling before an audience of two persons, neither does He now refuse to become the teacher of even just one.let us court the company of so excellent an instructor, for till he made unto us wisdom we may never be wise unto salvation.

this unrivalled tutor used as His class-book the best of books. although able to reveal fresh truth, he prefferd to expound the old, he knew by his omniscience what was the most instructive ways of teaching, and by turning at once to Moses and the prophets, he showed us the surest road to wisdom is not speculation, reasoning, or reading human books, but medidtation upon Gods word, the readiest way to be spirutually rich in heavanly knowledge is to dig in the mine of diamonds, to gather pearls from this heavanly sea. When Jesus himself sought to enrich others, he wrought in the quarry of Holy scipture.
The favoured pair were lead to consider the best of subjects, for Jesus spake of Jesus, and expounded things concerning himself. here the diamond cut the diamond, and what could be more admirable? the master of the house unlocked his own doors, conducted the guests to his table, and placed his dainties upon it. he who hid the treasure in the field Himself guided the searchers to it. Our Lord would natuarlly discourse apon the sweetest of topics, and He could find none sweeter than his own person and work: wwith an eye we should always search the Word, O for grace study the bible with Jesus as both our teacher and our lesson!

I feel very encouraged and motivated! Besides I do kinda like archaic language : )
Yup, meditation on God's Word is quinessential indeed!
"Mine of diamonds""gather pearls" very true and effective imagery!
Though, I didn't fully get the part from "the favoured pair...." to "guided the searchers to it"
Thanks a lot for sharing this! Praise God:)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Here is some feedback.. You need to give a link to this devotional, if you're going to copy/paste it elsewhere than the original site.. Just mentioning who it's by, is not enough to give them credit. :)

Helloop

JANUARY 18
EVENING

Aug 2, 2009
Here is some feedback.. You need to give a link to this devotional, if you're going to copy/paste it elsewhere than the original site.. Just mentioning who it's by, is not enough to give them credit. :)
Check the date lol. :rolleyes: