Daily Exhortation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 14, 2020
I was just wondering if any young persons would like to encourage each other and have a little communion (it doesn't have to be daily) through this thread. I was thinking just simple stuff, like posting thoughts on verses you read during the day, and perhaps sharing weaknesses, that we may pray for each other, and not act so unbecomingly as Christians.

but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. (Hebrews 3:13)

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. (Psalm 119:9)

Hopefully this the appropriate place to post this; I decided to post here rather than the Bible Discussion Forum as I hope to interact and encourage people around my age (19).

Finally,

“The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”

Amen:D

May 29, 2020
God Bless You. You are so correct I will pray for your invitation to be full filled and than overfilled with the Blessings of God our Father

Jun 14, 2020
Thank you @Godsmile, your comment has encouraged me greatly. I will now post my thoughts on a few verses I've read today- please, if anyone is interested in joining, do not be apprehensive, and if need be, please reprove me if I speak wrongly, and do not be afraid to post your own thoughts on passages you have read.

Exodus 20:
Here Gods Law is given on Mount Sinai to Moses.
Verses 18-19 stood out to me,

18 Now all the people witnessed the thunderings, the lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood afar off. 19 Then they said to Moses, “You speak with us, and we will hear; but let not God speak with us, lest we die.”

My thoughts are that, when we see a glimpse of Gods great holiness, our carnal (natural) reaction is to be afraid and offended by it, as with Adam after he sinned, and as with David's reaction to Uzzahs death. For we in of ourselves, are unholy and unjust, hence we tremble; It is only by looking to Christ, with and eye of faith, that we may come boldly before him: We must come by him who is holy, and not be deceived to think that God's judgements are too harsh-and so make him that is good seem evil-but rather let us be contrite in spirit, and always see ourselves in the wrong. That said, we should not despair over our unholiness, for that is sort of hell, but instead rejoice and love his righteousness, and pray incessantly that we that we would love him more.

Mathew 26:
This lengthy chapter describes the betrayal and arrest of Christ.
My interest is in, verses 49-50, 35, Peters denial in verses 69-75 stood out to me; ill try to keep my quotations short.

49 Immediately he went up to Jesus and said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed Him.

50 But Jesus said to him, “Friend, why have you come?”

Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and took Him.

In verse 35, the disciples were confident that they would not deny him, yet they did. They were confident, but not in the strength given by God, but rather their own strength; I think this is shown, by their failure to watch and pray, and their failure to not deny him- for if it were by God's strength, how could they have failed? Often we are like the disciples, and say to ourselves, "I will never do such and such sin again", and then, to our sorrow, we do.

Here Judas's sign is one of great affection, a kiss. Judas showed outward signs of affection, yet inwardly his heart was far from Jesus (Matthew 15:8). My next thought was that, Judas in this chapter, betrays Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, yet we often betray him for far less. In our thoughts we trade out God for insatiable lusts and idols, which are clearly worth less than 30 pieces of silver; let us not think ourselves better than him.

Jesus calls him Friend; Jesus knew he would betray him, yet mercy and love was still being extended to him.

Peter only properly recognised his betrayal after he had denied him three times; we often do the same, we are ignorant whilst we do the sin, and only become aware of how sinful we have acted later; I'm sure if he had been more obedient in prayer, this would not have happened.

Lastly Judas was brought to mourn his mistakes, and eventually committed suicide, whilst peter, on the other hand, was brought to mourning for his betrayal, and yet did not take his life. Let us never think as Judas, let us not think that any sin we commit should leave us out of Gods mercy and love.

Jun 14, 2020
Now that was long. Don't think length makes the point better; if you only have a sentence to post, I would think that just as wonderful.

Jun 14, 2020
These are some thoughts I've had over the past couple weeks.

Zachariah 3:

1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to oppose him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”

3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.

4 Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.”

5 And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.”

So they put a clean turban on his head, and they put the clothes on him. And the Angel of the Lord stood by.

My thoughts are that, we often opposed by Satan, who stands there to bring us to despair over our sin of which we are guilty, forcing us look at our filthy robes. However, God rebukes Satan and cleanses Joshua robes, saying "Is this not a brand plucked from the fire?”, which indicates to me that he saying that this is very thing God saved us from (Romans 6:18). That though we are filthy, we have been washed in the righteousness of another, and should look to Jesus that he may rebuke all of Satan's attacks. In context, this passage is to do with Israel; however I think my points are congenial.

Proverbs 1:

5 A wise man will hear and increase learning

20 Wisdom calls aloud outside;
She raises her voice in the open squares.
21 She cries out in the chief concourses,
At the openings of the gates in the city
She speaks her words:
22 “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And fools hate knowledge.
23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

Proverbs 2:4:
If you seek her as silver, And search for her as for hidden treasures;

Proverbs 8:11
For wisdom is better than rubies, And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.

There are so many things you could say about these passages, but I just want to make one point: Christ is wisdom! He is what we must search for, he is the thing that cannot be compared to any other desire, he is the one who cries aloud for people to turn repent and follow his ways, and he is the one who gives his spirit. If we love Christ, if we love wisdom, then we will act wisely. For example, if you love Christ with a great love you will do the wise thing when it comes to, say, looking for a wife, in that instance you will desire a women likened to that of the one mentioned in Proverbs 31:10-31, this is because you will want someone who will keep you in strong fellowship with God; though if you are cold in heart for God, your desire will be that of "foreign women". I highlight desire, as we often know what we should be doing, but due to coldness of heart, rarely desire it and really want it; our affections for Christ are, sadly, often less than secular peoples affections for money, wealth, and fame.

A wise man will hear and increase learning, Jesus Wisdom himself, increased in learning, And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. (Luke 2:52). Let us never grow complacent in the love we have for Christ, for their is always more to love.

Exodus 32:

1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the Lord.

6 And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.

7 And the Lord said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

8 They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

After being saved by Gods grace from the Egyptians, they were quick to make idols. My initial reaction to this passage was that of surprise, how can such a people turn and create idols after seeing so much of God's power and love, however we do the same. Recently I was able, by God's grace, to come out of a sort of spiritual depression (which I'd liken my feelings to Psalm 6), and as I looked back at what God had done, I started to doubt that is was really him, but instead, I attributed his works to something in me, as opposed to him, even though I had recently been praising him for what he had done. When we do this we create idols, and thus bring Gods judgement if we are not careful, Romans 1:20-32, and are doomed to go in circles with our sin as we are not truly focusing on loving Christ.

I pray that these would be a blessing to someone, and an encouragement to all,
Amen.

Jun 14, 2020
I had a small thought on 1 Timothy 2 V 1-2
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

I just thought that, if we are ever troubled by the things going on in this world, then we should ask ourselves the question of whether or not we have been praying for those who's actions trouble us.

Yep, that's all.:)