Danger of New Age Christains?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

Ok I find it deeply disturbing on what I have read so far and beginning to understand my pastors concern. mmm what exactly is this movement and why are demons being allowed in the church?

Believer's Journey: Kundalini Warning- Urgent

what in the world is going on?

Jan 21, 2011
I'm a little amused that these sorts of warnings are, in actual practice, nothing more than advertisements. I wouldn't have watched Lady Gaga's videos, for instance, simply because I'm not in the habit of watching music videos, but I ended up watching a couple out of curiosity because someone linked her here, accusing her of Satanism. After reading this article, I've been reminded of kundalini yoga and its associated kriyas, qigong, Shiva and Shakti, etc. Now, I'm tempted to go look up what an "Impartation" meeting is.

It's a lot like digging around with your hands in the mud and holding it up to the noses of people around you, reminding them it's nasty. You point out the bits and pieces, making sure they've understood that this is a snail shell and this is dog doo, etc.

We can be as wise as serpents without being disturbed, without getting our hands dirty.

A

AnandaHya

its not the articles that bother me but the practices I've seen and some things my pastor said in real life not on the web. i just wanted more knowledge in order to figure out what is Biblically acceptable and what is not inspired by the Holy Spirit.

I've witnessed a lot of things I recognized as not of God but I just wonder how much is just wolves parading as sheep. I've seen the false healings of demons but it was not in a Christian church, I did not think it was a problem inside the church, just surprised by the information that is all.

I didn't realize there was a New age movement until my pastor accused me of being influenced by it. so i'm trying to see what he's talking about. i don't like not knowing things that influence my thinking and perception. Does anyone have any websites and books that aren't off the wall inflamatory and actually have some scholarship on the issue?