Dare To Believe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Christians in America think that they don't have a false god problem. Let's think about that for a minute. A false god is anything that you value and spend more time with than you spend Worshiping, Praying, and Reading the Word. To some it maybe watching T.V. Others it may be sports of some sort. Some put their children ahead of God. We let them go places, and do things when we should be taking them to Church. Sit down make a log of your time~It just might surprise you to find out that you have other gods in your life that you put before the One True God.

14 Then Joshua said to the people, “Now you have heard the Lord’s words. So you must respect the Lord and sincerely serve him. Throw away the false gods that your ancestors worshiped. That was something that happened a long time ago on the other side of the Euphrates River and in Egypt. Now you must serve only the Lord.
15 “But maybe you don’t want to serve the Lord. You must choose for yourselves today. Today you must decide who you will serve. Will you serve the gods that your ancestors worshiped when they lived on the other side of the Euphrates River? Or will you serve the gods of the Amorites who lived in this land? You must choose for yourselves.
But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24: 14-16 ERV Bible.

G

This has always been a big problem. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but since the invention of the smart phone, when i am around people who are constantly checking their facebook, tweeting, ect.. I can only sop to think. How much more do you love that than God? When was the last time this person prayed? Do they even realize how much they idolize that thing. Too shorten this up, Smart phones and social media can really make it easy to put so many other things before God. Its Sad to see so many people ruined by something so little and so meaningless.

G

People tend to think that false gods and idolatry are some primitive practice that is long forgotten, or only evident in diverse cults and religions. We may not be bowing down to golden calves, but we are still entertaining the same spirits just in a different context.

I remember someone once quoting that out hearts are an 'idol factory'. We were made for worship, we were designed for worship, the ultimate question is, 'What are we worshipping?' What are we sacrificing out Time, Talents and Treasures to?

It is also very tricky. Since sometimes our 'god' things can be actually 'good' things. We can idolise out spouse, our children, our jobs. Or we could be idolising a memory, a philosophy or an idea. Ultimately, we just need to continually keep our eyes on Jesus and pray that the Holy Spirit will show us the matters of our heart.