Dare To Believe

  • Thread starter Thread starter dennis62
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Guest
We Christians need to realize that God knew that we could never be good enough to come into His presence. No offering or sacrifice would be good enough to cover our sins. So God sent Jesus to be the one last sacrifice ever needed to cover our sins. What does God want from us? Read these next few verses and place them into your heart and mind and meditate on them. See what God tells you He wants from you.

6 What must I bring when I come to meet with the Lord? What must I do when I bow down to God above?
Should I come to him with burnt offerings and a year-old calf?
7 Will the Lord be pleased with a thousand rams or with ten thousand rivers of oil?
Should I offer him my first child to pay for my wrongs? Should I sacrifice my very own child for my sins?
8 Human, the Lord has told you what goodness is.This is what he wants from you: Be fair to other people. Love kindness and loyalty, and humbly obey your God.
Micah 6: 6-8 ERV Bible.
 
Dennis, I don't think we should look down on the thousand rams or the rivers of oil, or even Abrahams willingness to sacrifice his child. We are to learn from the rams that it is the sacrifice of blood that is required. We are to learn from the oil that God comes first, above all our worldly goods. We are to learn from Abraham that no matter what God asks of us, we are to have such absolute faith in His word that we follow with our actions. We are to learn that love, every aspect of love is the key to all God says, and from that love is kindness, loyalty, and humble obedience.

Scripture tells us that it is what we do as the result of our love, spirit, and faith in God that is important. Being human, if we refuse to follow this with how we act as well as how we think, it doesn't amount to enough.
 
hi new here, haven't introduce myself yet, I will have to find my way back to that.

Burn offerings were under Moses law wasn't it? Hebrews writer said "Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law." So what do we offer when we come to the Lord?

Hamster
 
Hamster;bt5721 said:
hi new here, haven't introduce myself yet, I will have to find my way back to that.

Burn offerings were under Moses law wasn't it? Hebrews writer said "Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law." So what do we offer when we come to the Lord?

Hamster


We offer our bodies a living sacrifice to God by the renewing of our minds through obedience to the word of God. Romans 12:1-2