Dare To Believe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Sometimes when we pray, we ask for things that we don't understand the outcome of those prayers. Have you ever prayed for patience and right after that you went through a season in your life that was hard an trying. You made it through it and you learned how to be patient but is was a lot more that you expected. Sometimes when we ask for something in prayer I think that Jesus might say to us "you don't understand what you are asking". When we ask for something we sometimes have to go through the fire and trials to appreciate the answer.

20 Then Zebedee’s wife came to Jesus and brought her sons. She bowed before Jesus and asked him to do something for her.
21 Jesus said, “What do you want?”
She said, “Promise that one of my sons will sit at your right side in your kingdom and the other at your left.”
22 So Jesus said to the sons, “You don’t understand what you are asking. Can you drink from the cup that I must drink from?”
The sons answered, “Yes, we can!”
Matthew 20: 20-22 ERV Bible.

B

Binky0

I have been praying for patience for God send me someone to come in my life to love and to have better grades in college. God has answer my prayers by sending me two good friends and several strong semesters in my last year at school. I have a 100% feeling he is planing for me to be a special person to be with the rest of my life. I feel like praying for patience, reading the bible and hearing gospel music about having patience with GOD has helped me through the tough times in my life.

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
Amen!! Really good message. Thanks for sharing that I was blessed by reading it.
It's true that we really don't know what we are asking sometimes, thus must be why I've really been going through the flame! I asked God to set me apart and use me mightily for Him. When I was 9yrs old I prayed "If you want me to be a missionary then teach me about life (I was asking for understanding and knowledge) for I don't know anything about life!" Lessons usually come in the form of "trials" aka "tests!" But praise God...! :)

[h=3]James 1:12
Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.[/h]