Dare To Believe

  • Thread starter Thread starter dennis62
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Guest
OK here is what bothers me. I travel a lot and I go to a lot of Conferences in Big Churches and Big rented venues. Most of those places look more like a carnival than a place to worship. I understand it cost money to do ministry, but

I don't understand a $4 cup of Starbucks coffee being sold.

I don't understand a set of ministry tapes being marketed for $250.00.

I don't understand Christian Clothing priced 3 times what is worth.

I don't understand paying $150.00 to go to the event then having to give an offering in the morning, afternoon, and evening sessions of the event.

I don't understand how someone that barely is getting by can feel good because they can't afford to buy the Ministry Blessings.

I wonder if Jesus was back here on earth and walked into one of these meetings, Would He Understand? I just don't know. God calls people into Ministry and He will supply that ministries needs but is this Believing God?

13 It was almost time for the Jewish Passover, so Jesus went to Jerusalem.
14 There in the Temple area he saw men selling cattle, sheep, and doves. He saw others sitting at tables, exchanging and trading people’s money.
15 Jesus made a whip with some pieces of rope. Then he forced all these men and the sheep and cattle to leave the Temple area. He turned over the tables of the money traders and scattered their money.
16 Then he said to those who were selling pigeons, “Take these things out of here! Don’t make my Father’s house a place for buying and selling!”
John 2: 13-16 ERV Bible.
 
I agree with you and I like the scripture that you showed, the only thing that I can add to that is that there is a rise in "marketing" the gospel trying to make it look more attractive than sharing the truths of Christ and the core of the gospel.

An example of this is presenting everything God can do for people (leading God to what He can do for you) instead of leading them to God. Above all the greatest thing is to dwell in Gods presence. [h=3]Psalm 27:4
"[SUP] [/SUP]One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple."[/h]When people try and make the gospel sound more appealing, like an "advertisement" about everything God can do for you instead of leading them right to God it actually turns people away from the gospel and those who accept they accept with wrong intentions (reminds me of the scripture that says they have because they do not ask and when they ask they ask with the wrong motives so they do not receive) I am also promptly reminded about the warning that we are not supposed to take money for using our gifts from God. Like the man who offered to pay money (in ignorance) to receive the Holy spirit.

Some food for thought.

God has called me to ministry, and mission work, may He give me the grace to lead people to HIM.

[h=3][/h]