D
dennis62
Guest
There is no harm in having money and nice things. The problem comes when we forget that is God who gives us the power to make money. He gives us our gifts and talents that we all use to gain wealth. So we should not horde our money. We should help the widows and orphans, and those who truly can't work for their families to survive. You might say well pastor there are so many that are just plan lazy why should I help anyone.It is sometimes hard to choose who really needs help. That is why you should find a good church or ministry who is actually helping people and give of your wealth to them to distribute to those in need. Don't build bigger store houses for your self God might just call you Mr. Brilliant, and tell you your time has come.
15 Then He used that opportunity to speak to the crowd.
Jesus: You’d better be on your guard against any type of greed, for a person’s life is not about having a lot of possessions.
16 (then, beginning another parable) A wealthy man owned some land that produced a huge harvest.
17 He often thought to himself, “I have a problem here. I don’t have anywhere to store all my crops. What should I do?
18 I know! I’ll tear down my small barns and build even bigger ones, and then I’ll have plenty of storage space for my grain and all my other goods.
19 Then I’ll be able to say to myself, ‘I have it made! I can relax and take it easy for years! So I’ll just sit back, eat, drink, and have a good time!’”
20 Then God interrupted the man’s conversation with himself. “Excuse Me, Mr. Brilliant, but your time has come. Tonight you will die. Now who will enjoy everything you've earned and saved?”
21 This is how it will be for people who accumulate huge assets for themselves but have no assets in relation to God.
Luke 12: 15-21 The Voice Bible.
15 Then He used that opportunity to speak to the crowd.
Jesus: You’d better be on your guard against any type of greed, for a person’s life is not about having a lot of possessions.
16 (then, beginning another parable) A wealthy man owned some land that produced a huge harvest.
17 He often thought to himself, “I have a problem here. I don’t have anywhere to store all my crops. What should I do?
18 I know! I’ll tear down my small barns and build even bigger ones, and then I’ll have plenty of storage space for my grain and all my other goods.
19 Then I’ll be able to say to myself, ‘I have it made! I can relax and take it easy for years! So I’ll just sit back, eat, drink, and have a good time!’”
20 Then God interrupted the man’s conversation with himself. “Excuse Me, Mr. Brilliant, but your time has come. Tonight you will die. Now who will enjoy everything you've earned and saved?”
21 This is how it will be for people who accumulate huge assets for themselves but have no assets in relation to God.
Luke 12: 15-21 The Voice Bible.