D
dennis62
Guest
Jesus was about to leave this world, so He made a point to Pray out loud so everyone could hear what He was saying to His followers. He had protected all of them from harm while they followed Him on this earth. He prayed not that they be taken out of this mess, but that they would be protected from the evil one.
Now know this, we have the power to resist the evil one, but when we invite him into our lives, that power becomes useless until we return to Jesus and ask Him to restore us to His Glory and to His Power.
The only power the evil one has against a Believer, is the power we give him,
Dare To Believe Jesus not the devil !!!
11 I will no longer be physically present in this world, but they will remain in this world. As I return to be with You, holy Father, remain with them through Your name, the name You have given Me. May they be one even as We are one.
12 While I was physically present with them, I protected them through Your name. I watched over them closely; and only one was lost, the one the Scriptures said was the son of destruction.
13 Now I am returning to You. I am speaking this prayer here in the created cosmos alongside friends and foes so that in hearing it they might be consumed with joy.
14 I have given them Your word; and the world has despised them because they are not products of the world, in the same way that I am not a product of the corrupt world order.
15 Do not take them out of this world; protect them from the evil one.
John 17: 11-15 The Voice Bible.
Now know this, we have the power to resist the evil one, but when we invite him into our lives, that power becomes useless until we return to Jesus and ask Him to restore us to His Glory and to His Power.
The only power the evil one has against a Believer, is the power we give him,
Dare To Believe Jesus not the devil !!!
11 I will no longer be physically present in this world, but they will remain in this world. As I return to be with You, holy Father, remain with them through Your name, the name You have given Me. May they be one even as We are one.
12 While I was physically present with them, I protected them through Your name. I watched over them closely; and only one was lost, the one the Scriptures said was the son of destruction.
13 Now I am returning to You. I am speaking this prayer here in the created cosmos alongside friends and foes so that in hearing it they might be consumed with joy.
14 I have given them Your word; and the world has despised them because they are not products of the world, in the same way that I am not a product of the corrupt world order.
15 Do not take them out of this world; protect them from the evil one.
John 17: 11-15 The Voice Bible.