D
dennis62
Guest
Being the man of Faith that I think I am, I have to admit to you that this passage of scripture has messed me up this morning.
I have always said that we need to Believe when we pray and expect something to happen. Well that is true, but I would tell folk to pray once and the just Believe until it happened.
Evidently Jesus had other instructions to us. I have been convicted of my thoughts this morning by this scripture.
I now can understand what the meaning of the Acrostic P.U.S.H.
P---ray
U---ntil
S---omething
H---appens
1 Jesus told them a parable, urging them to keep praying and never grow discouraged. The parable went like this:
Jesus:
2 There was a judge living in a certain city. He showed no respect for God or humanity.
3 In that same city there was a widow. Again and again she kept coming to him seeking justice: “Clear my name from my adversary’s false accusations!”
4 He paid no attention to her request for a while, but then he said to himself, “I don’t care about what God thinks of me, much less what any mere human thinks.
5 But this widow is driving me crazy. She’s never going to quit coming to see me unless I hear her case and provide her legal protection.”
6 Did you catch what this self-assured judge said?
7 If he can be moved to act justly, won’t God bring justice for His chosen people when they cry to Him day and night? Will He be slow to bring them justice?
8 Mark My words: God will intervene fast with vindication. But here’s the question: when the Son of Man comes, will He find anyone who still has faith?
Like 18 1-8 The Voice Bible
I have always said that we need to Believe when we pray and expect something to happen. Well that is true, but I would tell folk to pray once and the just Believe until it happened.
Evidently Jesus had other instructions to us. I have been convicted of my thoughts this morning by this scripture.
I now can understand what the meaning of the Acrostic P.U.S.H.
P---ray
U---ntil
S---omething
H---appens
1 Jesus told them a parable, urging them to keep praying and never grow discouraged. The parable went like this:
Jesus:
2 There was a judge living in a certain city. He showed no respect for God or humanity.
3 In that same city there was a widow. Again and again she kept coming to him seeking justice: “Clear my name from my adversary’s false accusations!”
4 He paid no attention to her request for a while, but then he said to himself, “I don’t care about what God thinks of me, much less what any mere human thinks.
5 But this widow is driving me crazy. She’s never going to quit coming to see me unless I hear her case and provide her legal protection.”
6 Did you catch what this self-assured judge said?
7 If he can be moved to act justly, won’t God bring justice for His chosen people when they cry to Him day and night? Will He be slow to bring them justice?
8 Mark My words: God will intervene fast with vindication. But here’s the question: when the Son of Man comes, will He find anyone who still has faith?
Like 18 1-8 The Voice Bible