Darkness in the valley...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 11, 2021
He did another awesome work for me back in 2015. In those days I had lost my way but God never lost sight of me. I was coming home late one night from a long day of work when these two guys robbed me at gunpoint. Having lived a simplistic, and carefree life I didn't think twice about anybody taking a walk at night. In fact, I remember greeting them with a good evening wave as they walked past. When I glanced back their way I noticed they both were armed and quickly closing the distance with me in their crosshairs. I didn't register what was happening until it was too late. It all happened so fast and felt so surreal. I was halfway expecting to wake up from some terrible dream. But, they ordered me to the ground and put a gun in my face. I remembered laying on the pavement, closing my eyes, and counting down my breathes as I waited for the pop. But instead, I heard a voice that demanded, "Gimme your wallet." As strange as it may sound, I rejoiced inside! I realized they only wanted material goods and weren't at all interested in taking my life. So gladly, I gave them everything. They stole my phone, my watch, and my car with everything in it. I told them my wallet was in the car. And thankfully, they both left me to began ransacking the vehicle. I survived to this point by surrendering and staying put. However, the voice inside told me to "RUN!" So against all understanding I listened and managed a getaway.

Needless to say I was a nervous wreck. When I got inside the apartment my roommates called the police to report the robbery. I was grateful to be alive and could care less about my possessions. But within the span of about two hours everything taken was restored to me. I had just finished giving them the details of my report, then they came back to tell us that the suspects were caught. Hallelujah! Someother officer recognized the vehicle from the description in the dead of night (about 1-2am).

Although God did something amazing that night, but I failed to give Him the praise that He most justly deserved. In those days, I had lost my faith in Jesus, and can't even recall if I ever once called His name. I was too busy chasing after sin. No doubt that's why it took years to get over this incident. Where I should have felt victory and comfort there was only fear and trembling. If sin (being spiritual death) is separation from God then how deep is that darkness. The Lord was clearly there by my side and I couldn't even sense His presence. As I was laying, in darkness on the pavement that night I can't remember ever feeling so alone.

Jan 29, 2022
I agree, God was definitely with you in that moment. Everything which was taken from you was restored even at a time when you weren’t feeling close to Him—that’s a wonderful testimony. It’s amazing how some of our greatest personal examples of God's goodness can be found in the moments when we were furthest from Him. Thank you for sharing!