Dating an atheist?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bellu

Oct 2, 2023
This a little bit of an old post but my advice applies to anyone curious

You could be the reason they come to Christ.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Ok so I'm a 16 year old male and I am currently dating an atheist girl. We seem to agree on most topics, moral and surface level, except for religion. This has thrown a huge wrench in the relationship. I am very keen on people's sexual purity; no sex before marriage, no running around in skimpy outfits, etc., it's probably the thing I'm sternest on. Because she is not religious, she doesn't align in those morals. Before we were together, she had pictures of her in bikinis plastered all over her social medias (she has about 1000 followers and a public account), which she took down at my request. She also constantly wears crop-tops, very short shorts, and otherwise extremely skimpy outfits. These would typically be reasons for me to put an end to things, but she's genuinely the most kind girl I've ever dated, and she likes me more than any girl I've ever dated, which makes doing that very difficult. Anyone care to give their two cents on the issue, and what I should do?
YES. WHETHER THIS IS A TEST OR NOT, GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER DATE AN ATHEIST!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
Ok so I'm a 16 year old male and I am currently dating an atheist girl. We seem to agree on most topics, moral and surface level, except for religion.
Are you a Christian? if you are, share the gospel with her and then offer to be her friend but nothing more. Dating is for finding a spouse and the Bible cautions us not to become unequally yoked with an unbeliever. It can be hard to back out of something you're already in, but often times the best route to take isn't the easiest...

Oct 15, 2023
Kansas City
Ok, the bible says to not be unequally yoked. "Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14, NLT). I know this is harsh, but you've got to break up with her immediately! There is a risk of her blowing out your light. I would explain calmly why you are breaking up with her and explain the gospel. Here's some guidelines for dating in the future.

Always ask god
She MUST be on fire for god, and you should too
She must pray
She must respect you

There's some more but these are the simple ones and I feel if I listed them all you wouldn't feel it the same way as if you read the bible. Please read it, a great start is proverbs 31, it's pretty common. Have a great day!