dating and going Dutch!!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nalu

I am from the generation where the men pay for the date, if she insists on paying for herself ( I never had that happen) that is a sure sign that you bombed and she just wants to pay the check, jump back in her car, get on her cell phone and tell her friends how terrible the date was.

That's how women in my age group roll.

M

Majiem

:) that's what my mum told me aswell. And it is exactly the reason why I paid at the second date with one guy. And whas not that exited from the guy who suggested te split the bill on the first date....i guess i am oldfashioned

Jun 15, 2011
I'm very sticky about this. I think a TRUE lady would go out of her way to treat me like a gentleman. Not only should she pick me up and drive me to and from where ever we may be going, but she should definitely pick up the tab.

K

kayem77

I think it depends of the couple...for me and for the way I was raised, I'd expect the guy to pay for the first date not because of the money, but because I like the gentleman type. If I am in a relationship with the guy I don't mind paying sometimes, specially if I know he's struggling with money, so it's all about circumstances.:)

N

NC4JC

I am from the generation where the men pay for the date, if she insists on paying for herself ( I never had that happen) that is a sure sign that you bombed and she just wants to pay the check, jump back in her car, get on her cell phone and tell her friends how terrible the date was.

Then I'm in trouble Nalu :confused:

I

imachristian637789

The man should pay the bill and the girl pays the tip. And the girl can cook something or a meal for the guy sometimes if they are dating.

T

Tatz

Of course the man should pay..how on earth am I to pay when the guy is the one who asked me out? The men whose bills get paid are the ones dating old rich girls for money. Knowwaramsaying? But...if it's a guys birthday or a special occasion for him, I will take him out and pay the bill. :p, even if he insists. That's what love does.

M

Majiem

what if you are the one asking him out?

Jun 15, 2011

Pointless hypothetical. They`re chicks... they don`t have the ability to do anything but stand there looking stupid while the man makes his moves.

J

jaydawg888

Pointless hypothetical. They`re chicks... they don`t have the ability to do anything but stand there looking stupid while the man makes his moves.
Ohhh... this is not going to end well...

jandian

Feb 12, 2011
If I bother to date, I would prefer the guy pays....Why? Because dating is suppose to be a opportunity for me to see what a our relationship would be like.... and to me, even though we would share everything together, I would at least like to see that his desire is to take care of me.....

That just me though

A

allforfun

Here is out this conversation is going to play out.

Ladies don't ask men out because it sets the stage for the entire relationship of her being in control and he has lost dominance. Ladies wait patiently for the men to ask, hoping the man notices she likes him, never sending too many signals that she is interested in an effort to be too forward.

I couldn't keep a straight face while writing that.

N

Nalu

Of course the man should pay..how on earth am I to pay when the guy is the one who asked me out? The men whose bills get paid are the ones dating old rich girls for money. Knowwaramsaying? But...if it's a guys birthday or a special occasion for him, I will take him out and pay the bill. :p, even if he insists. That's what love does.
Awwww, Tatz, that's so sweet.

Jun 15, 2011
Here is out this conversation is going to play out.

Ladies don't ask men out because it sets the stage for the entire relationship of her being in control and he has lost dominance. Ladies wait patiently for the men to ask, hoping the man notices she likes him, never sending too many signals that she is interested in an effort to be too forward.

I couldn't keep a straight face while writing that.
Oh, is that why it is. I always thought it was more along the lines of Nietzche's assertion that women are weak. Regardless, I truly wish people would stop spreading the myth that even in this day of equality women are going to ask men out. Mostly it just doesn't happen and it leaves momma's boys/shy guys/beta males with a false sense that some girl will ever do something more than the infamous plunk down beside you... expecting/hoping the guy will do the rest. Now having said that I am aware that girls in other places are more pro-active than where I live and will be more forward about such things... but living in the land of airheads and bimbos that just stand there looking stupid and saying teehee, teehee, it is hard for me to fathom any such concept.

A

ak_82

I think for the first while, the guy should take care of the bill. But once the relationship has gotten more comfortable, then going dutch or the lady can treat him, too. :)

M

Majiem

i agree. The funny thing is, that i feel just uncomfotable at the moment the guy reaches for the bill. don't know why but it is a fact.

B

buckeyegirl700

I think the guy should pay. The only time I feel it is appropriate for the woman to pay is if it is the guys Birthday or something.

B

buckeyegirl700

You sound like your one of the few men that actually get it. Men should pay. Like my mom always said if things don't work out at least you get a free meal out of the date.