Dating: Ask her dad for permission?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Men: Do you ask her dad for permission?

• Yes, but only if he is a Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

lightbliss

Yeah, my dad died before I was two...

Anyway, I don't think someone should have to ask but voicing your intentions to either parent or guardian is just fine.

N

Nalu

Speaking as a Dad, If I had a daughter it would depend on her age.

Also if she really didn't want to date the guy and did not want to be rude, and if my Daughter told me to tell him no, then of course that answer would be no.

If she was of age and he asked me, I would ask him, does she even like you? Lemme talk with her first, then if she said say yes, I would say yes.

If she was to young to date, I would say, not only no, but certainly not!

How young is too young to date, ohhhh I think she could wait till she was in her late 30's lol (kidding).

Jun 15, 2011
ASK HER DAD????? Whoever started this one must either be crazy or a complete massochist. With all of the psycho dads out there who believe their daughter to be their little princess whether she be 16 or 46 the greater question is how you can avoid meeting daddy for at least a good three years of dating. In fact, I think eloping is probably a really good idea.

V

violakat

How young is too young to date, ohhhh I think she could wait till she was in her late 30's lol (kidding).
Spoken like a true dad.

Jul 25, 2005
Most of the girls I would end up dating in the next few years would live far away from their fathers. I'm assuming daddy wouldn't want to be burdened with men asking permission to date his daughter as she enters adulthood.

Aug 2, 2009
I think the dad should date the guy first, just to make sure.

C

christiancollegegirl

Speaking as a Dad, If I had a daughter it would depend on her age.

Also if she really didn't want to date the guy and did not want to be rude, and if my Daughter told me to tell him no, then of course that answer would be no.

If she was of age and he asked me, I would ask him, does she even like you? Lemme talk with her first, then if she said say yes, I would say yes.

If she was to young to date, I would say, not only no, but certainly not!

Jajaja!! My aunt told me I couldn't kiss till I was 35 or get married till I was 40.

I think if my dad had had his way, I would have been locked in a tower till I was 25 or 21 for good behavior!

J

Jullianna

CCG, you don't even want to know what my dad said when I showed him my engagement ring at 18, even though my mom and dad both knew about it before I did. I can't type his response in CC anyway. :)

Aug 2, 2009
CCG, you don't even want to know what my dad said when I showed him my engagement ring at 18, even though my mom and dad both knew about it before I did. I can't type his response in CC anyway. :)
Were his first two words "What the.. "

Sorry Julianna. I couldn't resist posting that.

J

Jullianna

I was more like.."Yeah...I saw the #$% thing..." He'd seen it before I did. :)