Dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Besides, I know you like Tommy, you've responded to more of my post in the past 24 hours, than you have in 2 years.
Why stop at 2 years? Why not make it 5 or 10 years? All it really proves is that you're a good foil when I feel in a disputative mood.

I've also spent more time playing games with people from work in the past 24 hours than I have in the past 2 years, but that can just as easily mean I'm rather starved for opponents rather than that I actually like the people at work.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Why stop at 2 years? Why not make it 5 or 10 years? All it really proves is that you're a good foil when I feel in a disputative mood.

I've also spent more time playing games with people from work in the past 24 hours than I have in the past 2 years, but that can just as easily mean I'm rather starved for opponents rather than that I actually like the people at work.
I knew you liked me.

L

LittleMermaid

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017

TyrinDynasty

Jul 15, 2013
Well.... ....this has definitely not gone in the intended direction.

But has spawned some questions. On a realistic note - with my mouth in its current condition how likely am I really to be able to pull anything off anyway?

On a side note, there's a lady at work I've been exchanging greets to / from for some time now, she usually greets me when she see's me. I saw her coming into the building two days ago and asked her if she would like to chat some time, she said sure - didn't exactly advise of a time when or where or if... I purposely didn't position myself to be near her today or tomorrow because I don't want to seem like I'm crowding on her so I left her alone but not sure if I should bring it up again later and ask when or what place or just let it be.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016

But has spawned some questions. On a realistic note - with my mouth in its current condition how likely am I really to be able to pull anything off anyway?

On a side note, there's a lady at work I've been exchanging greets to / from for some time now, she usually greets me when she see's me. I saw her coming into the building two days ago and asked her if she would like to chat some time, she said sure - didn't exactly advise of a time when or where or if... I purposely didn't position myself to be near her today or tomorrow because I don't want to seem like I'm crowding on her so I left her alone but not sure if I should bring it up again later and ask when or what place or just let it be.
You should ask her for her digits. It's ok to seem a little interested.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

Do you want to chat sometime really means nothing on either side until you start negotiating the when and where. Sometime never comes and both sides might be willing but if neither side puts in the effort to make it happen it's not going to happen.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
TryinDynasty,

How old are you, and how old is the girl?

TyrinDynasty

Jul 15, 2013
Do you want to chat sometime really means nothing on either side until you start negotiating the when and where. Sometime never comes and both sides might be willing but if neither side puts in the effort to make it happen it's not going to happen.
I get what you mean.

Thing is, I could go out of my way to see her and try to chat with her when she comes in the building but I'm a bit afraid of doing that in fear that it may be seen as stalking given I barely know her which is kind of why I didn't immediately go back. Half of me is saying I should just get it over with but the other half is saying its putting too much effort too quickly.

TryinDynasty,

How old are you, and how old is the girl?
I'm unsure how old she is but my guess is mid 20's. I'm 31.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I get what you mean.

Thing is, I could go out of my way to see her and try to chat with her when she comes in the building but I'm a bit afraid of doing that in fear that it may be seen as stalking given I barely know her which is kind of why I didn't immediately go back. Half of me is saying I should just get it over with but the other half is saying its putting too much effort too quickly.

I'm unsure how old she is but my guess is mid 20's. I'm 31.
You should have got those digits when you asked if y'all could chat.

I wouldn't worry about her thinking you're a stalker, unless you're sitting in your car, across from her crib.

Now you're going to have to ask her to lunch.

Cause work is for work, and you ain't going to have long convos there.

Oct 13, 2018
USA
On a realistic note - with my mouth in its current condition how likely am I really to be able to pull anything off anyway?
I know you have your concerns about how to go about approaching women, and others here have given you great advice on that. But, this is your real sticking point. Because even if you can manage to repeatedly be courageous and make headway with a particular woman, you may be stopped mentally and emotionally by this dental issue.

What exactly are you worried about? The woman judging you, being turned off, kissing, etc.? If a woman is going to be turned off by you, then you don't need her anyway and she's definitely not for you. And if she is going to judge you unfairly then the same goes, you don't need a woman like that.

There are some women who are not going to be into kissing, so you wouldn't have to be too concerned with that. However, I don't know how many women are like me in that area. Perhaps some other women could give their opinion.

Dentures would help your confidence by leaps and bounds I imagine. Is it absolutely impossible for you to wear them? Have you tried it out and it failed?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I get what you mean.

A woman will find a way to let you know if your actions are making her feel uncomfortable or stalked, that's when you should start thinking about backing off, not before. Repeatedly talking to her briefly at work doesn't usually even come close to making a blip on the stalker radar.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
One behavior I see in many people is standing by waiting for what they want to have happen, happen to them.
If you want to get to know a woman, talk to her. If you're interested you won't show it by hiding in a corner peeping out at her constantly (figuratively or literally). What you're doing now may be coming off weird to her. You approach her repeatedly, offer an extraciricular conversation then disappear. What signal is that supposed to send? Chances are she'll dismiss you, if she had any interest, or assume you're playing games with her and turn her off from any future communication.

Either hide silently in the shadows spending your life wishing or get to it and speak up and take some action. But this come here/go away approach you're doing now will definately backfire. And it may backfire beyond this one woman if she chooses to inform other women of what she perceives as you playing games with her.
My thought is approach her with the intention to get to know her as a friend. This takes pressure off of you and allows for a more natural connection to form, if one forms. And if it does then it can be transitioned easily into a romance as all that's required will already be in place.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
One behavior I see in many people is standing by waiting for what they want to have happen, happen to them.
If you want to get to know a woman, talk to her. If you're interested you won't show it by hiding in a corner peeping out at her constantly (figuratively or literally). What you're doing now may be coming off weird to her. You approach her repeatedly, offer an extraciricular conversation then disappear. What signal is that supposed to send? Chances are she'll dismiss you, if she had any interest, or assume you're playing games with her and turn her off from any future communication.

Either hide silently in the shadows spending your life wishing or get to it and speak up and take some action. But this come here/go away approach you're doing now will definately backfire. And it may backfire beyond this one woman if she chooses to inform other women of what she perceives as you playing games with her.
My thought is approach her with the intention to get to know her as a friend. This takes pressure off of you and allows for a more natural connection to form, if one forms. And if it does then it can be transitioned easily into a romance as all that's required will already be in place.
I agree with this

Except transition from friends to romance is very difficult from my experience. I usually go for the date.