Dating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 30, 2009
Titus 2
Qualities of a Sound Church
1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: 2 that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience; 3 the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— 4 that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.
6 Likewise, exhort the young men to be sober-minded, 7 in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility,[a] 8 sound speech that cannot be condemned, that one who is an opponent may be ashamed, having nothing evil to say of you.
9 Exhort bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back, 10 not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.
Trained by Saving Grace

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.

Matthew 5:27-29

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old,[a] ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Romans 6:11-13

11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

Romans 13:12-14

12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. 13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Corinthians 10

1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.”Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Galatians 5:16-29 (New King James Version)

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Ephesians 2:1-19 (New King James Version)

Ephesians 2

1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 4:17-35

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of[a] the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.
20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
Do Not Grieve the Spirit

25 Therefore, putting away lying, “ Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”:[c] do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

2 Timothy 2:21-23

21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.

Titus 2:11-14

11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Titus 3:2-4

2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,

1 Peter 1:

Living Before God Our Father

13 Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”[a]
17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you 21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
The Enduring Word

22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,[c] 24 because

“ All flesh is as grass,
And all the glory of man[d] as the flower of the grass.
The grass withers,
And its flower falls away,
25 But the word of the LORD endures forever.”[e]

Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

1 Peter 2:11-12 (New King James Version)

Living Before the World

11 Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, 12 having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

1 Peter 4:1-10

1 Peter 4

1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us[a] in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. 4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you. 5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
Serving for God’s Glory

7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”[c] 9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. 10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

2 Peter 1

1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,

To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Fruitful Growth in the Faith

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Peter’s Approaching Death

12 For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. 13 Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you, 14 knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. 15 Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease.
The Trustworthy Prophetic Word

16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. 17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” 18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,[a] which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[c] spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

May 30, 2009
1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

1 Timothy 4:11-13

11 These things command and teach.

12 Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit,[a] in faith, in purity. 13 Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

1 Timothy 5:1-2

1 Do not rebuke an older man, but exhort him as a father, younger men as brothers, 2 older women as mothers, younger women as sisters, with all purity.

Hebrews 13:4-5

4 Marriage is honorable among all, and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[a]

M

missy2shoes

ok I iz lost........Chase helllp :p

Kakashi

Jan 3, 2007
God is not up there saying "ops i didn't see this one coming" Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever and He is no respecter of persons. What He does for one He will do for another. Jesus is not hindered by our society. God is limited to what you believe Him for. If you don't have Faith if won't happen for you. Its simple. Believe God and you will prosper. Faith is not without works. Take care not to walk in presumption. You need to be yielded to the Holy Spirit and sensitive to do what He says. Its not blind doubt of dating. Its listening and walking With the King. You think you can find your mate for life better then Him? That is what your saying. You think you can do a better job at working to find it then trusting Him to show you. Its not stopping all search. Its waiting on the Holy Spirit. He knows the heart. He knows People want to find the right one. He loves us and we should trust in Him not our works. You think the Bible is changed by the way our society believes? No. You conform to this society or your become transformed to be like Jesus. You want to do things God's way? Or this societies way? This society is passing away and those who are of it will parish. He who does the will of God will abide for ever. You mix your reasoning and rationing of your human intellect into you walk with God. The carnal mind is enmity with God. You reason away the Supernatural power of God and hence limit Him. God will act where Faith is present.

I believe there is nothing to convince you otherwise that dating in a responsible way is ok. And, that is perfectly fine. Whatever floats your boat and sets your sails. However, i wouldn't burden others with the same yoke. My friend Aaron has been single his entire life, but now he is 20 going on 21 and he is now dating a very sweet christian girl, and I think she's cool and grounded in her spiritual walk with God. They are both doing their best to be responsible as they date. he heeds God's Word as he is going so that he does everything right. Would you walk up to him and say " What you're doing is wrong." He's trying his best and you twelling him that would be a yoke upon his neck that he does not need because he is following God's word as he is dating this girl.

Christians partake in many of the same activities that the world does because by defulat, it'd be impossible not to. However, we do it with the Holy Spirit leading us.

i can say i have no bias because I've never dated in my life, and it 's been by choice, but i don't place that yoke on others ;)

M

missy2shoes

Nicely said :D........

May 30, 2009
I believe there is nothing to convince you otherwise that dating in a responsible way is ok. And, that is perfectly fine. Whatever floats your boat and sets your sails. However, i wouldn't burden others with the same yoke. My friend Aaron has been single his entire life, but now he is 20 going on 21 and he is now dating a very sweet christian girl, and I think she's cool and grounded in her spiritual walk with God. They are both doing their best to be responsible as they date. he heeds God's Word as he is going so that he does everything right. Would you walk up to him and say " What you're doing is wrong." He's trying his best and you twelling him that would be a yoke upon his neck that he does not need because he is following God's word as he is dating this girl.

Christians partake in many of the same activities that the world does because by defulat, it'd be impossible not to. However, we do it with the Holy Spirit leading us.

i can say i have no bias because I've never dated in my life, and it 's been by choice, but i don't place that yoke on others ;)
Dating God's way I endorse. Did you read what I wrote?

A

Ancilla

He does site statics. He Got a PHD. Dr. Hobart E Freeman, he wasn't dumb. And are you saying the world is not getting worse?
YES!!!! That's exactly what I'm saying. The world is not getting worse in the sense that people are getting more sinful. The world is getting worse in physical/environmental sense, of course, but people are no more or no less sinful than we've always been. I read that Freeman studied history, and I just can't understand how anyone who studies history can possibly believe that humans are worse now than they were in the past. For example there are a lot of people now that don't believe we should slaughter civilians in countries we invade. That's a very modern notion. Now when we send missionaries we don't try to enslave the locals and try to make them accept our culture. Again, that's a very modern thing. Basically, what I'm saying is that I've found it pretty uncommon to find Christians who study history that believe that people are more sinful today then they were in the past.

May 30, 2009
He had His PHD in theology. Man has grown progressively worse...more sinful? The face and means of the sin has changed.

A

Ancilla

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever and He is no respecter of persons. What He does for one He will do for another.
1 Corinthians 12:4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.
7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

Jesus is not hindered by our society. God is limited to what you believe Him for. If you don't have Faith if won't happen for you. Its simple. Believe God and you will prosper. Faith is not without works. Take care not to walk in presumption. You need to be yielded to the Holy Spirit and sensitive to do what He says. Its not blind doubt of dating. Its listening and walking With the King. You think you can find your mate for life better then Him? That is what your saying. You think you can do a better job at working to find it then trusting Him to show you. Its not stopping all search. Its waiting on the Holy Spirit. He knows the heart. He knows People want to find the right one. He loves us and we should trust in Him not our works. You think the Bible is changed by the way our society believes? No. You conform to this society or your become transformed to be like Jesus. You want to do things God's way? Or this societies way? This society is passing away and those who are of it will parish. He who does the will of God will abide for ever. You mix your reasoning and rationing of your human intellect into you walk with God. The carnal mind is enmity with God. You reason away the Supernatural power of God and hence limit Him. God will act where Faith is present.
I'm going to attempt to say this one more time: It seems that when you have confused "our society" with what is "worldly" as in that which the world values but is worthless to God and we shouldn't get too close to because it will pull us away from God. But not everything in our society is evil. I mean, there are Amish and other groups who choose to live apart from society because they just want to build their own soicety God's way. Fine, but I (and you, I assume, since you're using the Internet) choose to live in society. I use a computer and drive a car and vote and dress like a typical Canadian woman my age. I don't think the way I live now is necessarily more or less Godly than the way my great-grandmother lived. You can feel free to disagree with that. When I'm talking about how to apply the Bible to someone living in our society I mean do NOT mean ignoring a message or commandment because it's not popular in our society. Like I asked on another thread why so many Christians complain about paying their taxes when the Bible says we should pay our taxes without complaining? The response I got was that Christians complain for the same reason why non-Christians do. I'm thinking "Well, of course, but how do they justify that Biblically? Aren't we as Christians called to be different?" What I mean about how to apply the Bible to our society is, for example, the Bible doesn't tell us how to vote or use the Internet, because they didn't have acess to those things at the time. Should we not use them just because they're not in the Bible? No, we look at the Bible and try to ask "How would Jesus vote?" or whatever. Of course, because it's subjected to so much interpretation, not everyone is going to agree. That's fine, provided that people can justify their actions Biblically.

See, what I'm trying to get through to you is that the what you wrote about how you think things should go (I know you said they're principals, not rules, but really come across sounding like rules, I'm sorry, I just had to say that) they could only exist in modern society. Saying that the Holy Spirit will lead you to the right person or tell you when you've met the right person, instead of telling your parents, or instead of your parents marrying you off for reasons that might not have anything to do with anything we'd think about now, that's just so modern. Being in love before marriage, as you say people should be is modern. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying that's a good thing. Open you're mind, not everything about modern society flies in the face of what God wants!! I mean, yeah, there are verses that talk about the worldly evil about the world... my goodness, am I just wasting my time here? Like, do you think there's only one kind of marriage that can please God? I think that it doesn't matter if the marriage is arranged or if the couple was set up by their family or the couple met on their own. I think the important thing is that the couple takes the vows they made at the alter seriously and they commit to love and serve each other even when times get tough and of course that they keep God at the centre of their marriage. I think that's what matters to God.

See, this whole thread reminds me of that scene in BBC's Jane Eyre when Jane meets a minister who wants to marry her. She doesn't want to marry him, so instead of giving her reasons to marry him, he goes on about how she's supposed to obey God. He just takes for granted that God wants her to marry him because he's a man of God, so therefore if she doesn't want to she must be disobying God. Like, I think that you believe that the Holy Spirit is speaking through you and therefore when people disagree with you on different points that they're just in denial about what God wants for them. I mean maybe I've totally gotten the wrong idea here, but just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they disagree with God. I think a lot Christians are skeptical of the word "interpretation" because it's so often been used to justify ignoring things in the Bible they find difficult or inconvient. Like if someone says they have a different interpetation than you, they may be just as sincere living out God's will in their life. The bottom line is that 1 Thessilonians 5:21 says "Test everything. Hold on to the good." We test things against Scripture. Everything I write on this site I leave open to the scrutiny of others. If you want to know how I justfy something Biblically, I can tell you. If I hadn't thought about, maybe I need to hear that. If I say that God says something that He hasn't. Well, that's not ok.

A

Ancilla

He had His PHD in theology.
But you're not wild about theologians, right? Well, it makes sense that he didn't do his PhD in history. You know, some of the best preachers I've heard did their undergrad in history. History says so much about human nature. My American history prof in university was a really strong Christian. He did a course on Millenialism. I would have loved to have taken more courses from him but I couldn't think of anything worse than taking a class on Millenialism. I've seen Christians use it to do so many things that I don't think they'd be able to justify Biblically otherwise. I mean, Millenialism is a great example of twisting scripture to justify behaviour that appeals to our sinful nature. But I won't get into that.

A

Ancilla

God is limited to what you believe Him for.
No He's not. God is almighty, sovereign and infinite. No human can do anything to limit God.

R

Rigo

Dating, is a label that the world puts on an appointment, or a series of appointments between a man and a woman;
but the appointment is not only an appointment, it implies more. It implies a certain interest between the two, and out of this comes the appointment. When it's several appointments, it's considered a relationship.
In the dating relationship, dating does not imply marrying the person you date;
but people don't date to become friends. So the person dating wants something more than friendship, but less than marriage.
I say less than marriage because dating does not include a promise of marriage. The commitment is not there.
Dating is a no man's land when it comes to relationships; it has been established by the world and not by God.
It dosen't imply marriage, and it's not friendship; it's more than friendship, but not enough to imply marriage. It's a state
where the rules of marriage don't apply, but still it should be considered a relationship.
The word of God doesn't rule in dating because it's not according to the word of God. The word of God should reign over us in every aspect of our lives,
and that is the reason why dating is not according to the will of God.
As long as you are doing the will of God, and not giving an opportunity for people to speak reproachfully about you, or a sister,
you are in the liberty to go wherever you want to go, and do whatever you want to do.(1 Corinthians 6:12-13)
When you step into a relationship with a sister, it should be with the intention and the commitment to marry.

May 30, 2009
Dating, is a label that the world puts on an appointment, or a series of appointments between a man and a woman;
but the appointment is not only an appointment, it implies more. It implies a certain interest between the two, and out of this comes the appointment. When it's several appointments, it's considered a relationship.
In the dating relationship, dating does not imply marrying the person you date;
but people don't date to become friends. So the person dating wants something more than friendship, but less than marriage.
I say less than marriage because dating does not include a promise of marriage. The commitment is not there.
Dating is a no man's land when it comes to relationships; it has been established by the world and not by God.
It dosen't imply marriage, and it's not friendship; it's more than friendship, but not enough to imply marriage. It's a state
where the rules of marriage don't apply, but still it should be considered a relationship.
The word of God doesn't rule in dating because it's not according to the word of God. The word of God should reign over us in every aspect of our lives,
and that is the reason why dating is not according to the will of God.
As long as you are doing the will of God, and not giving an opportunity for people to speak reproachfully about you, or a sister,
you are in the liberty to go wherever you want to go, and do whatever you want to do.(1 Corinthians 6:12-13)
When you step into a relationship with a sister, it should be with the intention and the commitment to marry.
Well said! AMEN!

May 30, 2009
No He's not. God is almighty, sovereign and infinite. No human can do anything to limit God.
God is not under any obligation to do anything if you don't Him. ( times out of ten....God won't operate... if you don't believe.