DATING

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nosipho

hi it me agiain, well here in south africa for most of us black christians dating is kind of not allowed and they tell us it sin. is dating really sin? :eek:

W

Wilfred

i do not think it is the either best nor the safest way to get to know someone.....

K

kenisyes

I know many stories, including my own, of how God finds husbands and wives for people. Why not just get to know "people", and let God sort it out?

But no, dating is not a sin. some people you date might expect you to do more including some sinful things.

A

AgeofKnowledge

It can be if you engage in sin during the date.

hi it me agiain, well here in south africa for most of us black christians dating is kind of not allowed and they tell us it sin. is dating really sin? :eek:

N

Nosipho

what do you mean if you say engage in sin?, you mean like having sex before marriage?

B

BornAgain90

Its entirely up to you whether you think its appropriate to date its not putting it on a platter singing i want to have sex its purely i want to get to know you and let them know where you stand with christ then let god lead the way god is always there with open arms and forgiveness.

E

Esther85

its not good if you are dating someone who is not in the truth...u need someone who is strong in Christ so that wen you are doing someone sinful she/he can uplift you

Dec 19, 2009
No, I don’t think so, though lustful behavior is a sin, so make sure you avoid that.