Daughter just left me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abb

I need all the prayers in the world ...I am loosing my mind ...My daughter just decided to leave me so she moved out and don't want to talk to me anymore.....she is 18 ..she is the only child she use to be a very good child,student and christian never had any problem with her till now...don't know what to do ..it is a shock don't know how to deal and cope with this

C

Consumed

my prayers for you sister.
she has tasted, you have trianed her in Jesus and now it may be time for her to find Jesus truely herself, foundations have been laid, dont lose hope and your trust in Jesus.

Stand
and please dont speak out "your loosing your daughter"

R

R12NDS

Abb, I am desperately sorry to hear your news and will certainly send up a few prayers for you.

What has changed for her? Is it a boyfriend, alchohol, drugs? Sometimes children need to strike out on their own, even though it is a terrible situation for the parent. Try and remember that all your positive parenting about safety, values and evil in the world are in her head somewhere and will go a huge way to keeping her safe. Although it sounds like she no longer wants God in her life - for whatever reason - he is there and has his watchful eye over her. Remember the story about the man who walks in the sand and see's only one set of footprints?...they were God's and NOT his.

I am sure your daughter will find the path back to both you and God - in the meantime, keep positive and keep us updated.

K

KisDawn

What has changed for her? Is it a boyfriend, alchohol, drugs? Sometimes children need to strike out on their own, even though it is a terrible situation for the parent.
It could also be some type of mental illness. The Real World: Recognizing Mental Illness in Young Adults | NBC Los Angeles It's a lot of times something that people overlook thinking their kid is angsty when they could really be suffering. Though I can't tell you given the information I was given in the first post it needs to be something that's always also considered. This isn't meant to scare her though it probably did. For that I'm sorry but you can't always assume certain things when it could be something else. A lot of times illegal drug use is a person trying to self medicate.

T

Tumnus

Abb: You have my prayers for your situation as well. Do you have a support system through your church or family right now?

A

Abb

she never used drugs nor alchohol ....for her is all about friends ....doesn't want her family at all....she wasn't this way

U

unclefester

she never used drugs nor alchohol ....for her is all about friends ....doesn't want her family at all....she wasn't this way
She wasn't that way before Abb because she wasn't 18 yrs. old before. It's always about friends when one is that age .....particularly in todays world. It's the rare exception when this isn't the case. Abb ..... I have to ask a couple questions. Does she feel that you judge her friends unfairly ? Does she think that you are too strict in some cases ? I'm not suggesting that you are. I'm just guessing that this might be how "she" is viewing things. And no need to post a response here or to me. It's really none of my business. But having raised 4 girls has given me a little insight in to how they can sometimes think ........ especially at that age. From age 17 to 20 yrs. old, I didn't recognize my girls. I pray that you find the answer that both of you need and dearly hope that the opportunity for you guys to work this out arises swiftly. She'll return to who she was before Abb. For now, just try to get her back home where she is loved.

S

savedcass

I can tell you from personal experience that this is all too common. I'm 25 yrs old now and I went through that rebellious phase starting at the age of maybe 19 up until very recently. My mother is a saved christian and she also sheltered and raised me right but I had that mentality where I didnt want to listen to my mother and all i wanted to do was hang out with my friends, my boyfriend etc and all of them were not good influences and wasn't doing anything with their lives and i was right there with them not making the best decisions and just doing what i wanted to do. My mother never gave up on me and she always kept faith and continued to pray for me but I had to find my own way. I know its hard to accept but I had to go through some things and have bad experiences that i had to learn from and ultimately i found my way to God and now I know that there is no other way but His way. No matter how much my Mom tried to tell me this and that I had to figure it out for myself and it took me to go through drug addiction and being in the wrong crowd, finding myself in horrible situations and dark places and finally realizing that I was tired of all the hardship and i got fed up with living that way. My mom was right all along, mothers are always right but its gonna take your daughter to go through some things and let God work on her and she will find her way. Just keep believing, keep praying, and keep loving her, she will come back. I hope this helps, God bless

G

Grey

Unless she's completely abandoned her old life, I think what she might do/ be doing can and will be a learning experience and will help her later on in life. From her description I don't think she's going to be gone forever and that this is probably just another adolescent phase.

M

malkia

Will pray for you and your daughter....this is sad...hopefully she will learn sooner than later that she is wrong....may God protect her and guide her and give you strength as well.....keep up the faith and God be with you throughout this!!!

D

DanDan

Lord Jesus Christ ! Please protect Abb's daughter from the evil one, Amen. Lord Jesus, please comfort Abb with your rod and staff. Guide her so she may be a stronger woman who depends on you and she will be a woman of faith. She will keep praying for her daughter without ceasing. I believe that a mother's prayer is important and powerful. I believe that she will be reunited with her daughter soon in your time, Amen. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

T

Tumnus

I agree with the others, Abb. Nothing beats a mother who prays. My mother has lifted me, my friends, and family up in prayer more times than I can count and God answered each time. I pray for healing of your heart.