David and the brothers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grimgower

I was standing on a cliff. There was a building to my left where we (the survivors) were trying to to organize our plans and figure out a way to continuing living through the hard conditions. The setting was apocalyptic- very deserty, with buildings burned out and scraps of debris everywhere. There were cliff faces jutting up in random places across the view. It was always a dark, volcanic sky. Satan was on the earth and there were other demonic beasts that were unleashed as well. One monster was very large. I never was able to see it but in my mind it resembled king kong in size.
I turned to go into the building when this very large monster came and tore it apart, grabbing a woman who was apparently kin to me and throwing her over the cliff. It did not see me. I was distraught about the woman I knew, though there were many more people in the building that died. The monster left and I walked toward the what was left of the building. I stepped over the bodies and rummaged my way through the debris to a table, pulled open one of its drawers and there, concealed in plastic, was papers with the name David spelled out on the front. I knew that this was a form of "adoption" papers. David was my child. I saw (in my mind) the image of where he was- a building hidden in the rock where, apparently, the adults left all the children to be safe. I had memories that came to me at this point. I realized I had been trying to get David back to me, to be allowed to come with me, for three years. He, was my child but had never been allowed to be with me. Again, it was like I had been going in the past three years through a form of adoption. I stood up and walked out of the rubble and began to make my way toward where David was. I was desperate to get him, but not out of fear more than out of a desire to just have him in a sense that he is finally mine. I walk for a long way through this dry desert, not sand but just dry, cracked dirt. I notice in the distance two figures. As I get closer I see one of them is Satan, the other is Jesus. It becomes obvious that they are brothers. Jesus is not glorified, but is in the simple form of a man. Satan is not human- he had large, twisting ram horns and a mouth like a dragon. His body was in the shape of the Beast (if anyone has seen beauty and the beast) but he was very hard skinned with no fur and he was dressed for war. Satan was yelling at Jesus and throwing a fit. Threatening him and telling him that he was going to kill him. Jesus just stood there. Satan was arguing and trying to force Jesus to give him the earth, Jesus was saying no. Satan took out his sword and placed it all the way down Jesus' throat, saying "You're just a man. I can kill you and you will die and have no right to this world. Give it to me now!" Jesus was calm and unhurt and simply said "No." It was as if Jesus was the older brother and had the right to the world but satan wanted it and was at war with his brother to get him (Jesus) to give it to him. Kind of like a birthright.
I was not scared and I just walked by them after watching for awhile. I walked on for another long time until I was able to see the house set in the rock face, it was probably a 400 yard distance. I was very excited to get David, as he would finally be mine, and take him with me. I took out my papers and started running toward the house. The closer I got the more desperate I was to get him out of there and the anticipation turned into a fear for his safety. In my mind I was allowed to see him in the house and what he was doing. He was at a table with the other children and he was showing them something that he had made. He look around the age of ten or eleven. Then, when I was about twenty feet away, the rock-face started collapsing onto the house. The house was destroyed and everyone in it died. I turned away from it, knowing David was killed as well. I walked away from it back towards where I had come, knowing with intent that I was going out there to starve and die.

I woke up.
help?
This is the third nightmare in a row that I have had, each one of the nightmares having lots of fear in them- not an anticipatory fear, but a hopelessness and inescapable fear. I don't know what to do. I don't know what they mean, if anything.

B

Baptistrw

Probably means absolutely nothing other than you should quit eating spicy food before bedtime lol

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
I was standing on a cliff. There was a building to my left where we (the survivors) were trying to to organize our plans and figure out a way to continuing living through the hard conditions. The setting was apocalyptic- very deserty, with buildings burned out and scraps of debris everywhere. There were cliff faces jutting up in random places across the view. It was always a dark, volcanic sky. Satan was on the earth and there were other demonic beasts that were unleashed as well. One monster was very large. I never was able to see it but in my mind it resembled king kong in size.
I turned to go into the building when this very large monster came and tore it apart, grabbing a woman who was apparently kin to me and throwing her over the cliff. It did not see me. I was distraught about the woman I knew, though there were many more people in the building that died. The monster left and I walked toward the what was left of the building. I stepped over the bodies and rummaged my way through the debris to a table, pulled open one of its drawers and there, concealed in plastic, was papers with the name David spelled out on the front. I knew that this was a form of "adoption" papers. David was my child. I saw (in my mind) the image of where he was- a building hidden in the rock where, apparently, the adults left all the children to be safe. I had memories that came to me at this point. I realized I had been trying to get David back to me, to be allowed to come with me, for three years. He, was my child but had never been allowed to be with me. Again, it was like I had been going in the past three years through a form of adoption. I stood up and walked out of the rubble and began to make my way toward where David was. I was desperate to get him, but not out of fear more than out of a desire to just have him in a sense that he is finally mine. I walk for a long way through this dry desert, not sand but just dry, cracked dirt. I notice in the distance two figures. As I get closer I see one of them is Satan, the other is Jesus. It becomes obvious that they are brothers. Jesus is not glorified, but is in the simple form of a man. Satan is not human- he had large, twisting ram horns and a mouth like a dragon. His body was in the shape of the Beast (if anyone has seen beauty and the beast) but he was very hard skinned with no fur and he was dressed for war. Satan was yelling at Jesus and throwing a fit. Threatening him and telling him that he was going to kill him. Jesus just stood there. Satan was arguing and trying to force Jesus to give him the earth, Jesus was saying no. Satan took out his sword and placed it all the way down Jesus' throat, saying "You're just a man. I can kill you and you will die and have no right to this world. Give it to me now!" Jesus was calm and unhurt and simply said "No." It was as if Jesus was the older brother and had the right to the world but satan wanted it and was at war with his brother to get him (Jesus) to give it to him. Kind of like a birthright.
I was not scared and I just walked by them after watching for awhile. I walked on for another long time until I was able to see the house set in the rock face, it was probably a 400 yard distance. I was very excited to get David, as he would finally be mine, and take him with me. I took out my papers and started running toward the house. The closer I got the more desperate I was to get him out of there and the anticipation turned into a fear for his safety. In my mind I was allowed to see him in the house and what he was doing. He was at a table with the other children and he was showing them something that he had made. He look around the age of ten or eleven. Then, when I was about twenty feet away, the rock-face started collapsing onto the house. The house was destroyed and everyone in it died. I turned away from it, knowing David was killed as well. I walked away from it back towards where I had come, knowing with intent that I was going out there to starve and die.

I woke up.
help?
This is the third nightmare in a row that I have had, each one of the nightmares having lots of fear in them- not an anticipatory fear, but a hopelessness and inescapable fear. I don't know what to do. I don't know what they mean, if anything.
well first, who is David? and is he really your son,do you have a son named David? if so, than i belive somtimes are deepist fears of loosing a loved one is expressed in our dreams. And also, with the satan and Jesus stand off, it sounds to me like you are in a spiritual war and need some prayer for that. what you were saying in some of it reminded me of Jesus and satan after Jesus came out of the wilderness remember after fasting for the forty days and forty nights in matthew 4.
Jesus is our prince of Peace amen.
I will be praying for you today my sister.
love you,
olivetree32

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
this is my prayer for you Grimgower, Eph 6:11Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.Eph 6:14Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,Eph 6:16above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.Eph 6:17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;Eph 6:18praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
oh yea, and my comment on why you would be having dreams about the boy and my comment about our deepist fear of loosing a loved one,only God would know why you were dreaming somthing like that. And you want an interpratation on that, than i pray God give you one.
The perfect wisdome we seek comes from God, so even on somthing like that. But like i said also above, it sounds like you are in spiritual battle, so i will pray for that battle

R

roaringkitten

Sorry to hear about your dreams GrimGower......I wouldn't claim to be a dream interpreter, because I dont know your circumstances or the factors involved in how this came about. The part where you said satan was demanding Jesus give the world to him reminds me of these verses:

"Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.
3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
5Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
7Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
11Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him." Matthew 4:1-11

I could see how parts of your dream show parts of these verses(in a twisted kind of way though). This dream sounds like spiritual warfare to me. satan was a murderer and a liar from the beginning(John 8:44). He is deceptive, and seeks to destroy everyone. But Christ has already overcome the world(John 16:33). Sorry to hear about these disturbing dreams and the fear/hopelessness they give you. I will continue to pray for you Grim! Need anything, just let me know friend!=)...

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
roaringkitten, i said the same thing in my post above about it sounded like warfare and the same thing you were talking about when jesus fasted forty days and nights. So yea it does sound like warfare. And also my neice and i were reading on Joseph today when he was able to interprete Pharoes dreams, and they were one and the same. God gave him two dreams, so that it would be astablished.

R

roaringkitten

Yeah olive..The thing is, Joseph gave all glory to God and not himself concerning interpreting Pharaoh's dream.

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
Yeah olive..The thing is, Joseph gave all glory to God and not himself concerning interpreting Pharaoh's dream.
yea i know roaringkitten, but grim was saying she had more than one dream, and so i was just using some scripture as an example. yes all the glory does go to God for the interpreting dreams. as in a previous post i stated that the wisdome comes from God

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
hi grim when i was talking about Joseph, you can read Genesis - Chapter 41 if you ever get the time. maybe God will speak to your heart as you read. and when i dream of other people i know, i usually just pray for the people who i was dreaming of. after reading your dream agian a thought came to mind and how you were saying satan was saying he wanted to kill jesus. satan wants to still, kill and distroy are lives those of us who are in christ. and here is another verse also for ya...1Jo 4:4You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

G

grimgower

Something new to be said about all of this-
I typed this dream up in early morning. My best freind called me around lunch time and said "Oh my goodness, I had a terrible dream!" and she began to tell me about it. She did NOT know that I had been having bad dreams or of anything that I dreamed of the night before. She told me (I'm still totally freaked about this and have no idea, exactly, what it means) that she had dreamed that she and I were riding in an older bus. She said that the setting was (she used this exact word) APOCALYPTIC and that people were on the bus with her and I and that the bus was like a safe haven from what was going on outside. She said that she was on the bus watching the road and she saw ahead that there were a bunch of baby chicks crossing and that the bus driver was't going to stop. She started trying to convince the bus driver to stop for them. He ultimately did and she opened the bus (save haven) door and all these baby chick got on the bus. She said the scene then switched .She said she saw the world as if she was looking down on it and that she knew she was looking at a great and terrible army, that was purely evil and was getting ready to fight. She said that when she woke up she asked God if it meant anything and the Lord led her to matthew ...uh... something. Where Jesus is looking out over Jerusalem and He says "Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem how often I have wanted ot gather you like a mother hen gathers her chicks under her wings" (I'm sorry I dont know exactly where it is. Anyway by then i was kinda like wow. I told her that I had had a strange dream too and I read it to her. She fraked out because she said "Did you say that both the buildings where people were fell in and got destroyed?" I was like "yeah" She told me the verse to go to (the same one she had just read about Jesus over Jerusalem . I read it and right after it says that thing about the chicks it talks about houses being desolate! until people say "blessed is he" or somthing. Ahh! Someone help me out on that verse. Anyone know where it is? Anyway, it was quite odd that that verse fit both of our dreams in a weird way. I dont know if thats anything or not. Just thought it worth mentioning.
Olivetree, yes I have had three dreams, each different but each terrible. I dont know if they mean the same thing. *shrug* Anyway thats all I have to say besides thanks for all the responces and scriptures!

E

easygoing

I am sorry to hear of your troubling dreams and i will pray for you on this matter. I am reluctant to respond to peoples dreams because as it is dreams are so personal to each person that an interpretation can have a number of meanings.

However, you are not alone in having these dreams whether they are prophetic, apocolyptic, or unexplainable. The best and most sound advice i can offer is what i use when dealing with these types of things. Before you settle in for bed pray that the lord take those visions away from you, but if not, that he may lay his mercy on you and grant you understanding and peace concerning this matter. Then before saying your amen just focus on the dream and know that the lord is with you no matter what and with him by your side there is nothing to fear. Say your amen and focus on jesus christ, the father, and the spirit as a whole.

Sometimes I have said the lords prayer over and over until i fell asleep because i was so troubled with what i might dream. The lord will answer your prayer, there is no doubt in my mind of that, but all you have to do is ask him and give yourself wholly and completely over to his hands.
This is obviously what works for me and I know this may not be the case for everyone but just trying to reach out to you through the distance here and lend a helping hand.

E

EconGrad

Dreams can be a powerful insight into our minds and the state of our relationship with God.

On the surface we can feel that our relationship with God is strong but dreams can sometimes uncover spiritual realities that we are insensitive to during the day.

Grim I notice in your dream that God/Jesus are uninvolved and unconcerned with what is going on around you.
The dream world was dangerous and without hope.

Perhaps the attributes of your dream reflect spiritual realities you may not be paying attention to in your life. Take all this with a grain of salt as our dreams aren't always of God even if they are windows into hidden areas of ourselves.

I pray that God uses your dreams to bring you closer to him and that you have peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.