Dear Adults

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AdorableNoel

I got kind of bored, so then i got to thinking. SOOO .. soo so so so so SOO many adults constantly talk about how the children of this world are. And how they are "sure glad i dont have to be around to see the mess they are going to make" I'm not talking about all adults but there's a huge portion of ya. You see kids murdering families on the news, girls at 9 getting pregnant, kids bringing guns to school, doing drugs and the list goes on. Hmmn... i wonder where on earth they learned it from?
And then the part that get's me worked up is that many adults will sit on their butts and TALK about what's going on. Hold up wait a minute. How dare you. Shut your pie hole for a second and show kids how they are suppose to behave. Not turn them into big talkers too.
And many of adults are like the parents who tell their kids not to smoke with a cigarette in their hand. Dont be the hypocrite. Christians misbehave and act funny in front of children also, may not be their own kids and they may not even realize it.
so.. DO SOMETHING. No, not with the children who "misbehave". I mean you.. the adult.. wait no You the child. You are also a child, so dont get it twisted :p lol. Change yourself, and be a leader.. show the world dont tell the world.

I'm told i'm a child, so stay in my place.
But aren't you one too?
You're just a child with more responsibilities.
Hand me some struggles & then what wil you believe?
You still see a child, even through what I've done.
Me and you are just the same
Falling short of glory
but no matter what
you always feed yourself stories

Hiding in your pride,
Packed-filled with lies.
I can't bear to see it my own elders throwing their hearts away
get your nose out of the clouds
but dont be quick to look down
look me in the eyes,
and tell me, what do you see?
You only see a child not what i can be
You dont see the true me

In your mind are conclusions
A list of confusions
Labels, everything organized
to fit in it's place
You see the people
but not the face
There's the forest-lush & green
Can you stop to think about the tree?
But oh no, I dont want to interrupt your busy adult life
Youmade it through childhood right?
You said it was easy, but you wouldnt come back.
You don't want to be a child of modern days?
Why? Because you didnt have to grow up this way

Dear adults out there,
We're forced to grow up fast
We're called "young-ones" & "kiddos"
But can't you face the facts?
Our oddly small bodies & our innocent eyes
Have wandered into the strangest of places.

But out here in our world they say it's okay
Be strong. Is it really our fault we grew up to be this way?
Our mouths are covered in filth. Why?
Who taught us these things?
Not a child surely.
There's a seed in all of this.

In all our impurity & false accusations..
Dear Adults please grow up
so we too can find our places
Stop pointing fingers,
Instead change yourself
Us "kids" didn't become this way on our own
You sculpt us see, you guys are the teachers.
So please Dear Adults,
grow up &be leaders.
Not accusers, not abusers, not constant talkers.
Shut your mouth, all do respect but your words don't match your actions.

Okay im done rambling.
All of that was not meant to be offensive. sooo, sorry if you in some way were offended. But be slow to anger, right?
God Bless :)

W

wwjd_kilden

Let me first point out one ting, what the adults did or did not do, does not remove all resposibility from the kids / teens. I think we are all created with a knowledge of what is good :)

But, I do agree with what you are saying. If parents keep swaring, fighting, watching voilent movies etc in front of their kids on a regular basis, it gets difficult for their child to learn how to do what is right. They can't expect their children not to do those things while they do them themselves.

A

AdorableNoel

Correct, it doesnt remove any responsibilty. There's no doubt about that in my mind :) But parents/elders have a responsibility also.. right?

W

wwjd_kilden

Yes, they do. Both common sense and the bible tells us that :)

N

NinJaGGS

People want good things for their children, and children want good things for their parents. We can all help each other by starting first with ourselves.
The only thing we can control (with the constant help of God) is ourselves. I've spent many years trying to change people around me, I got more and more frustrated and bitter and wound up really damaging myself. But now I'm trying more and more to start the changes myself. God bless you