Death and Hell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 12, 2011
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

What is this "death and hell" here....and why would it have to be cast into the
Lake of fire.....if, hell is already eternal fire and those that are there are
already dead?

L

Laodicea

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

already dead?
G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.

1 Corinthians 15:55
(55) O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

The word grave in 1 Cor is the same word as hell in Rev 20:14

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 2, 2011

already dead?
Hell is where sinner go to await final judgment. The lake of fire is where they go after they have been officially judged

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.

So one would say death and grave were cast into the lake of fire? lol

Oct 12, 2011
(Quoted by NotIbutChrist) Hell is where sinner go to await final judgment. The lake of fire is where they go after they have been officially judged

I don't understand this statement, if Hell is indeed already the judgment of the sinner, and it is already eternal fire as many believe,...."Officially Judged"???
That doesn't make any sense to me. .....

Oct 12, 2011
Laodicea....

G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace

I see from the definition of the word Hell here, is interchangeable with grave, so,.......
That doesn't make sense to me either, does it to you? What do you think The Lake of Fire is?
What do you think Hell is?
maybe that would help me understand what you are trying to convey.

Do you think The Lake of Fire is Victory?

Mar 11, 2011

already dead?
From my studies; Death would be Satan himself and Hell, would be the students who didn't graduate from Grade 2 on The Lord's Day.

The thing is, Is that there are in a sense 2 Hell's; The shadows of the one were in now, influenced spiritually by satan/death.

And there is the REAL hell, that is completly run by satan/death both spiritually and physically; where you go, IF you don't Graduate from Grade 1, here and now.

This REAL hell, ceases to exsist, when there is room for them NO MORE in heaven (heaven being wherever The Father IS) and Micheal and His Angels casts them ALL to the earth :eek:

After satan/death has his chance to play GOD before ALL of US, The Great Apostacy or THE Deception, Then will come Melchezidek, and BOTH these hell's WILL cease to exsist PRONTO. :cool:

Then, for those who made the first cut, Utopia, those who have to still be taught on The Lords Day :eek: lets just say that neither one of these hell's scare me near as much as having to be a student on this Day :eek::eek:

Its been quite a while since i went through the study about being tormented forever and ever; but though there are some places where this word is translated well, as there is such a thing as torment; In Revalations, its a poorly chosen word for translation, as the word thats used in the originals has the distinct meaning of up-in-smoke, FINITO, NO MORE in EXSISTENCE.

What kind of a GOD do we beleive we serve? In one that would toture people forever and ever?? :confused: NOT The Father that I KNOW through the Bible.

Forever in Christ :)

B

babyboyblue

already dead?
death = death
hell = grave

If you read the entire chapter of Revelation 20, I think it'll become clear.

L

Laodicea

Laodicea....

G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace

I see from the definition of the word Hell here, is interchangeable with grave, so,.......
That doesn't make sense to me either, does it to you? What do you think The Lake of Fire is?

The lake of fire is to punish the wicked, it will destroy Satan his angels and all the wicked.
Revelation 20:9
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Hell in Rev 20:14 is the grave for in the new earth there will be no more death so no more graves
Revelation 21:4
(4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

A

AnandaHya

Laodicea....

G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace

the grave is not eternal fire. they are not tormented but merely buried in the ground and dead. Just as the Abyss is not the eternal fire either.

After Jesus judges the living and the dead there will be no more death and no more need of graves or hell for all the bodies will be transformed so that there will be no more sickness or pain or sorrow. however the eternal fire still stands as punishment for those who disobeyed God and His commandments and reject His mercy through Jesus Christ.