debate

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

carpetmanswife

Just curious , has debating an issue ever changed your mind or do you KNOW that u changed someone elses mind by debating? If so what was the debate about?

N

NazariteNation

Just curious , has debating an issue ever changed your mind or do you KNOW that u changed someone elses mind by debating? If so what was the debate about?
*lol* I think that depends on how one approaches "debating".

Let's be honest most people debate because they feel they have to defend their views. Those are the kinds of folks who will never be swayed regardless.

Personally, I really don't really seeing it as debating but rather discussing controversial issues. For me, I enter into a conversation in the hopes of learning something new, if not about a particular topic then something about the people who believe in this or that.

As for the second part of your question, a few weeks ago while debating Once Saved Always Saved, while I still believe the teaching itself can be very dangerous in the hands of a sinner who thinks he's saved thus the doctrine should not be preached at all, I did learn that those who do believe in this doctrine are not necessarily "unsaved" and that most are sincere about Christ and there salvation. Which is a good thing.

K

Kyra

My mind has been changed through discussions/debate. One issue would be legalizing marijuana for medicinal use. I use to be against it, but now I am for it . Another issue is the death penalty. Listening to what one guy said, I gained a new perspective & changed my mind. On here, Econgrad made a good point about eternal salvation that I thought about for a long time.

I enjoy debate because it reveals how people think and brings new points to light. Of course it can get out of control and become a battle of having the last word. But I think if we kick all those people off, it will get better. Haha! ( I'm totally kidding.)

C

carpetmanswife

i totally agree there is healthy debate which is discussing and unhealthy debate ..arguing. :rolleyes: