Decoding guys

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Peter321

You know, if the guy would know you've been worrying about this all he'd probably think; wow what? I don't even mean anything with that it's just a way of talking for me.
In my personal opinion girls usually seek for way more things behind men's words and men are generally kind of straight to the point without hints or any 'hidden' meanings or such.

U

Ugly

'Ah' as far as i know it from both genders, means 'oh, ok, got it'. Referring to either that they understand, or informing you they are keeping up with what you're saying.
I agree with the poster that said to ask HIM instead of us. I've been doing that more with people. Explaining to them what my noises and phrases mean, and finding out what they mean with certain things. When you both sit down and explain yourselves, it clears up a lot of confusion. Even if its something you don't think is causing a problem, explain it anyways.
So yes, there are gender communication issues, but sometimes its not about gender, so this works well with anyone, not just the opposite sex.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
I agree with those saying ask the guy. That goes for most anything. Every person is an individual and there are far too many generalizations floating around in this forum. Talk to a person one on one. Learn to communicate with said person. Things really don't need to be so complicated.

I use "heh" sometimes. I can't remember where I picked that up. At any rate, it's most often used as a short laugh. It could be replaced with "ha". I thought we'd been over this before here. ;) Of course, for someone else it could mean something different. Hmm..

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I was once asked to explain a two-letter interjection, and I didn't mind... although I discovered that it was a tough thing to put into words:

eh, reality will always be there, it will always be whatever it is. If that's a little warmer and friendlier than it was a while ago, it's still what it is.

can you spell out the sound you're going for with 'eh'

kind of like "uh", but without sounding like "uh, no it isn't".

Or maybe I really am Canadian.

Sort of like "meh" I guess, but not as gloomy.

lol, kk

got it

oh, good. That was the most convoluted explanation I've given in a while.

lol

ever so slightly, just a tad

You're the one who asked me to explain a two-letter noise lol

meh

; )

So don't be surprised if he can't really say WHAT he means by it... he might have no idea that he says it at all. :)